PDA

View Full Version : I need prayers please, Mystic is gone :(

luckies4me
11-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Mystic got out and has been missing for three days. I am about ready to put an add in the paper for Lost and Found and have already contacted the Humane Society and will be taking a trip to the pound later today, as well as to the ER clinic to put up lost posters. :( I am so sad about this. We have knocked on all the neighbors doors. I really hope we find him. I have had him since he was born, and watched him being born. :( Please please please I don't know how much I can stress this, send a prayer for him to return to me. I have had him for so long and I am so sad right now you don't understand. I am on the verge of tears as I type this but am holding it back so Dylan doesn't see mommy upset. Please please pray he will come back. I don't know what I will do without him. Please! Cheetah and him are so attached to one another and are totally in love. Thank you. :(

AvaJoy
11-29-2003, 02:56 PM
I just went through this harrowing experience with Lizette, so prayers are on their way. I hope you find Mystic very soon. {{HUGS}}

CatDad
11-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Sending HUGE prayers that Mystic will return safely.

Sending comfort and {{{HUGS}}} to you and scrtaches to Cheetah. See if you can find some time for yourself, too.

ChrisH
11-29-2003, 02:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. :( Sending prayers and positive thoughts that he will be home safe and sound, very, very, soon.

luckies4me
11-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Please please please, I REALLY need prayers!!! Please read my thread everyone. :(

rg_girlca
11-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Luckies4me, we totally understand how you must feel, as many of us have gone through what you are going through right now, myself included.

Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way that Mystic comes home very soon, safe and sound and ((((((HUGS))))) to you.

Terminalvelocity
11-29-2003, 04:12 PM
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Keep looking!! Remember to look up too. Up in the trees, on roofs, etc.

I saw on the TV last night where a dog returned home after being gone for six years!!

God bless you and prayers are going out, so hang in there!!

Karel

neko1
11-29-2003, 04:19 PM
Prayers on the way for Mystic to return.

catnapper
11-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Prayers and Positive Thoughts!

Little lost kitty will come home good as new! I'll also send a special request to St. Anthony that we find him.

tomkatzid
11-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Prayers and crossed paws with claws for Mystic's safe return.

sirrahved
11-29-2003, 06:39 PM
I had a cat named Kiki that came back after two years. Don't lose hope!

luckies4me
11-29-2003, 06:51 PM
I just got back from searching for Mystic. I went to every neighbors house in the neighborhood, as well as went through ALL the forest in the back, tons of forest. I found a dead deer, but no Mystic. :( I have looked EVERYWHERE! If he were dead wouldn't I see him on the road or in the bushes? I climbed through all the bushes looking. I really looked everywhere, even in the creek and the trashcan. :( Some people weren't home but I am going back tomorrow. Our pound as well as our Humane Society does not take cats anymore. I called the ER vet and gave them a description of him. Monday I will call and go to all the vet clinics to put up flyers. I really hope he comes back. :( I am so so so so sad right now. :(

Steffi N
11-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Please please let Mystic come home safely, or be found in a safe place.

aly
11-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Is he an indoor/outdoor cat? Or has he never gone outside before? Can you set out a live trap with some canned food in it?

Stay calm and focused and don't lose hope. If he is used to being outside, I'm sure he's running around having some fun. If he's not, he's probably nearby hiding in some bushes somewhere. I'd keep checking all the bushes becauise its easy to overlook a cat.

Good luck and prayers are on the way.

NoahsMommy
11-29-2003, 09:44 PM
:( Prayer being sent for your Mystic.

luckies4me
11-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by aly
Is he an indoor/outdoor cat? Or has he never gone outside before? Can you set out a live trap with some canned food in it?

Stay calm and focused and don't lose hope. If he is used to being outside, I'm sure he's running around having some fun. If he's not, he's probably nearby hiding in some bushes somewhere. I'd keep checking all the bushes becauise its easy to overlook a cat.

Yes he is an indoor outdoor cat but lately we have been keeping him indoors only. He knows his way around but he DOES NOT take off. He has never in the four years I have had him. We looked everywhere, so I doubt he is in the bushes as I searched them all very thouroughly for hours on end. Just came back inside from searching again!

A live trap is out of the question as it is rainy outside and I do not want to catch another cat in the trap and force them to stay outside soaking wet.

Dan smelled death tonight and so did I, so we think he is around here dead somewhere.

aly
11-29-2003, 11:03 PM
:( Don't assume the worst. Maybe its another dead deer.

Maybe you can set up a trap during the day when you can keep an eye on it. Or just put some food on the porch.

luckies4me
11-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Yes I have put food on the porch. I don't know what I will do if he doesn't come back. :(

jazzcat
11-29-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm so sorry. Do try to keep positive thoughts though.

Prayers on the way.

shais_mom
11-29-2003, 11:17 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

luckies4me
11-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I just thought of this, but I know he likes to jump in cars. Do you think he might have jumped into a car when the window was rolled down and then someone drove away with him not knowing he was in there? :confused: :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-30-2003, 01:49 AM
Keeping Mystic in my prayers. Come home safe, little one!

bisi.cat
11-30-2003, 02:15 AM
Oh, I know how you must feel...this is so terrible...Nellie went missing just for one day few years ago (trapped in a neighbor's basement), but I was sooooo sad and felt so helpless...

But there is still hope and I am sending positive thoughts for a safe return home!!!
Mystic, you'll find the way home!!!

luckies4me
11-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Last night Dan climbed under the house but nothing. :( And to top it off, last night one of my favorite ratties, Thor, went to Rainbow Bridge in my arms. :( My birthday is in three days and I don't want to do anything. :( This week is the worst week of my life. Today we are hanging up posters.

kimlovescats
11-30-2003, 11:22 AM
I am just reading this for the first time. How awful, I am so sorry!!! Please don't give up yet, he may just be having a good time somewhere and not quite ready to come home!!!

I'm so sorry you lost your favorite Rattie too, you poor thing! :(
Seems when it rains, it pours. Please know we all here at PT love and care for you, and you are in our prayers.

****HUGS****

amoore
11-30-2003, 11:23 AM
You sure have my prayers. I love your Mystic! Hope your baby comes home soon!

Please keep us posted.:(

PayItForward
11-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Hoping things improve for you and that Mystic returns safely.

luckies4me
11-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Here's a pic of Mystic I took a few days ago.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pb2bbb4e4f7389728371ec633b6c5a09a/fa6cef0e.jpg

kimlovescats
11-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Beautiful! Come home sweet, Mystic!

Kirsten
11-30-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry! :( What a sad time for a birthday! :(

Please, Mystic, come home - that will be your mommy's most precious birthday gift!!

I hope so much you will find him, please don't give up hope!

Kirsten

luckies4me
11-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Today is day 4 he's been missing. :( We are putting up signs shortly. :( Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

luckies4me
11-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Well I put one poster up on our community mailbox as well as the area poster wall, and gave one poster to the ER clinic. We were going to do more but our car died, and it now messed up. Sheesh, could anything else go wrong this week?:rolleyes:

Tomorrow a friend of mine is bringing me her staple gun so I can put posters up around the neighborhood. Wish us luck, and hopefully we will get a call!

lovemyshiba
11-30-2003, 08:28 PM
I don't travel to the cat side too often, but I just saw this, and Mystic will be in my prayers.
Please return home soon sweetie--your mommy is worried sick!!!!

luckies4me
11-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Thank you!

slick
11-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Cass, I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread before now. Hang in there; Pet Talk prayers do help and I just know that Mystic will turn up. I'm sorry about Thor. RIP little one.

I'll say a little prayer for you before I go to sleep tonight.

Killearn Kitties
12-01-2003, 07:35 AM
I'm so sorry, I just saw your thread. I'll be praying for beautiful Mystic to come back safe and sound.

Our Daisy got stuck in a garage for five days once; it was a terrible terrible time. Try not to give up hope.

catcrazylady
12-01-2003, 10:23 AM
I too just saw this and I'm so sorry!!! Leroy disappeared for 3 days and I nearly lost my mind! My husband must have walked 5 miles looking on road sides and ditches. I called and called for him, cried my eyes out, prayed, had my family praying, made posters, called the humane society, vets, and put an ad in the paper. On the third day I couldn't even go to work and was about to go out the door to put up more posters in the neighborhood. When I opened the door he came running. He had obviously been locked in someones garage or shed. He had been digging and his his face was scratched where he had been trying to push his way out. I have never been so happy to see that crazy cat in my life. Needless to say he is forever grounded to the inside! I know three days wasn't as long as some but I just knew he wasn't coming back! Hang on and don't give up. You can now add me to the list of all those praying for Mystic's return. Tons of hugs because I know how hard this is. The not knowing drove me nuts. Keep us posted and God Bless. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Russian Blue
12-01-2003, 10:52 AM
If it's been raining, I would check or ask neighbours to check their garages/sheds. If you haven't done this, I would also put up a couple of flyers at the local grocery store/post office/corner store etc.

I would still put a live trap out and make a covering for it to protect the cat from the rain. I would also put something with your scent on it (ie: sweatshirt, shoes etc) in the trap with some of Mystic' favourite food.

Don't give up hope!! Many cats do fine outdoors for extended periods.

Keep us updated! Come home Mystic, many people are worried for you!!

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
If it's been raining, I would check or ask neighbours to check their garages/sheds. If you haven't done this, I would also put up a couple of flyers at the local grocery store/post office/corner store etc.

I would still put a live trap out and make a covering for it to protect the cat from the rain. I would also put something with your scent on it (ie: sweatshirt, shoes etc) in the trap with some of Mystic' favourite food.

It's day 5, if he were close to us he would deffinately come to me. He used to go outside all the time, as all the cats do, and has always came to me, always. They are all very fimiliar with this area. Lately though, we are keeping everyone inside. There are a few times he escapes but he always comes back, like they all do. I know my cat, and he would come to me if he was near and alive.

Yes it's been raining all week. I really do not believe he took off, he's not that way. If it's raining he comes here to us to come inside, or goes under the house, which he isn't as Dan has searched under there three times already. There really isn't too many neigbors around, and we don't have garages as we live in a Townhouse. I have been to all the neighbors houses in their area. I have searched EVERYWHERE in the woods, every single day over and over. I went out last night with my flashlight yet again and looked, nothing. :( Although I did find two cute feral kittens I am thinking of catching.

As far as a trap, we are not allowed to put a trap on the property, so that's out of the question. I really think someone has him in their house, or he is dead and I can't find him. He would come to me if he were outside. He cannot be away from Cheetah for more than a few hours, they are INSEPERABLE! They are always together, and now she is obviously very depressed.

Outside we have a tarp covering a box with old clothes in it that the cats like to sleep in. I am worried he jumped into someones car at night, like he used to do to our old van and someone drove away with him not knowing he was in there. The thing that really sucks is he JUST lost his collar, and it was brand new. I am so sick of those break away collars!:mad:

I plan on putting signs EVERYWHERE, but our car died last night and it's the only one we have. A friend is coming over later today to help me put signs up around the neighborhood and local businesses where people migrate (coffee house, 7Eleven etc.)

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 12:54 PM
I didn't want to lose my post so I have to continue here. There is a faint smell of death in the air here, but we cannot pinpoint it's exact location. :( I talked to some neighbors and it seems that the night he dissapeared there were loose dogs around the neighborhood.

I literally get sick to my stomach thinking of him not being here. When my taxes come back ALL the cats will be microchipped! These are the reasons I tell Dan to not let the cats outside, and he doesn't listen to me!!:mad: :mad: :mad: What can I do to convince him that it is much better for them to be inside only? He's so stubborn and he's really pissing me off when he lets them out and I tell them not to. They do not NEED to go outside!

There are so many things I want to type but my mind goes blank and I can't remember. Wednesday is my birthday, so maybe my present will be Mystic coming back home. I can only pray.

aly
12-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Cass -

This is really just breaking my heart. I am so sorry :( I am crying tears with you and share your pain.

Could you get with your neighbors and figure out where they all drove on that day he disappeared. Also ask if they had any visitors and ask where the visitors drove. Then maybe you could drive to those places and put up posters around there (assuming if he did get into someone's car then jumped out when they got to their destination).

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 01:50 PM
I miss him so much. :( I am going to do what you said and ask the neighbors where they went that day. I assume since it was the day before Thanksgiving people went far, and since we don't have a car I don't know how we could get too far away. Maybe the car will work better tonight. I am still going to ask though, just in case. He just always comes to me. I am so unbelievably sad right now. I have been crying and just not here the past few days. :(

catlover4ever
12-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Cass, I'm just reading this now. I am so sorry. I am praying to St Francis (Patron Saint of animals) for his safe return. I also want to tell you not to give up hope. My mom's Midnight took off for over a week when my grandmother died and Lillie-Mae got stuck in some ones garage. It seems she got a little curious, went into someones garage and then they closed the door. We looked for her for a week, I finally found her coming out of the garage.

When you hang posters take some cling wrap and kind of seal the paper, this way if it continues to rain the posters will not get as wet.

I don't want to be morbid but have you checked under the hood of your own car or also asked the neighbors to look under the hoods of their cars. Sometime cats curiousity will get the best of them. Ask the neighbors if you can look through their yards as well.

I know what you are going through. November 16, 2002 my little boy Tobias disappeared.

Please keep us posted.

Mystic please come home soon, your family is very worried about you, they love you so very much.

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Call a friend to put up posters for you. The sooner you get
the word out to the neighborhood & surrounding areas, the
better chance of someone finding him. 4 days is a very long
time to wait to get the word out to those who can really help
you. Good luck.

I have contacted the Humane Society and pound already, put up posters on the community bulliten board in this neighborhood as well as a poster on our area mailbox (figure, everyone checks their mail right?). We were going to put more posters up last night but our car died. I have been to all the neighbors houses in the area with his picture. The newspaper already has my add out, and I gave my friend a few posters for her to hang up a little futhur into town, just in case.

I have not waited four days, I am doing everything I can possibly do right now without having a car. Like I said earlier, a friend of mine is coming over later and bringing me her staple gun so I can put up posters here in the local area. I will also be going to all the vet clinics, as well as Denny's, the gas stations etc. I was out with his picture in my hand going door to door on Thanksgiving night, and out all day the next day looking and searching for him. I spent hours climbing all the forest behind our place. I am really doing as much as I can. Trust me, I love this cat dearly, I would do anything for him! :(

You can see his poster I made here:

http://www15.brinkster.com/luckies4me/Mystic.html

Dan also took flyers to work with him this morning to put up at the petstores around his work. We are trying to get them up anywhere a lot of people, especially pet people frequent.

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever

When you hang posters take some cling wrap and kind of seal the paper, this way if it continues to rain the posters will not get as wet.

I don't want to be morbid but have you checked under the hood of your own car or also asked the neighbors to look under the hoods of their cars. Sometime cats curiousity will get the best of them. Ask the neighbors if you can look through their yards as well.

The cling wrap is a great idea! Thanks so much for giving me that idea. Dan gets paid today so when he gets home if the car is running good I will go to the store (well have him take me to the store since I don't drive) and buy some. I was a little worried about the rain. When I hung up the other posters luckily it was in an area that was shielded by the rain, and so they won't get wet...or as wet.

I have looked in allthe neighbors backyards already and people have been surprsingly friendly to me about this. They said I can go and check whenever I want.

I don't think he got hit by a car because I have looked everywhere, literally, and I think I would have found him....I mean don't you think I would know? Usually they are laying in the road etc. Our road is far away from our house, but I still looked them all over, walking up and down each one the other day. I will ask about the cars though. Although he never ventures too close to cars besides when the window is open and he wants to check out the inside.

Thank you so much for the tips. I was just about ready to come here pleading for more ideas!

I also posted an add in PetFinder.com and all the local rat groups in our area on yahoo.

Thanks to everyone who offers encouragement. It's really hard to stay optimistic, but I know I have to. Thanks again, it means so much to me.

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 02:39 PM
As soon as I am done posting this thread in Pet General about my rescued hammies I am also going to call the Dead Animal Pickup for our area. I would rather know he is dead, then never ever know what happened to him.

catlover4ever
12-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Cass, it's me again, sorry. When your friend comes over have he/she look in the same places you looked. I say this because I happened to be the person who found my mom's Rufus. I stood in the EXACT same place she did and she did not see him. Rufus had been missing for 3 days. He had been hit and was about 30 feet off the road. He actually blended in that even my husband did not see him even when I pointed him out. Sometimes another set of eyes is all you need.

I do pray to God that this is NOT the case, but I just wanted to suggest this to you, as it is something that happened to my mom and I.

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Thank you for the idea. When I went searching through the woods, a friend came with me, but when I get the chance to do it again I will deffinately bring someone with me. Although I won't get that chance for a few more days, until the weekend, as Dan works all day and I have Dylan here with me so I cannot go seaching in the woods with my son. I am hoping Dan gets to take a day off this week to help me search. It's already dark when he gets home, and not safe to go lurking in the woods behind our house.

My friend suddenly changed her mind about helping me so now I am alone in this. :mad: :( I just borrowed a stapler from my neighbor and hopefully that will work to put pictures up. I will take Dylan with me, but I don't know how long we will be able to stay out since it's raining and cold and we'll be walking. My son also has a cold.

slick
12-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Cass, the poster says he's lost his collar. Was there any other ID like a microchip or something?? I'm thinking that perhaps he was wandering and someone scooped him up and is taking really good care of him until the owners are found and with no collar or phone number they have no way of contacting you. Have you checked all the "found" ads in your local papers??

Sending prayers that little Mystic will come home. PT prayers do work miracles and I believe another one will happen.

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by slick
Cass, the poster says he's lost his collar. Was there any other ID like a microchip or something?? I'm thinking that perhaps he was wandering and someone scooped him up and is taking really good care of him until the owners are found and with no collar or phone number they have no way of contacting you. Have you checked all the "found" ads in your local papers??

Sending prayers that little Mystic will come home. PT prayers do work miracles and I believe another one will happen.

Unfortunately he is not micrchipped, but when my taxes come all the cats are going in to be microchipped. He had a collar with tags but he lost it not too long ago and we haven't had a chance to get a new collar yet. I don't understand why someone would take him though, as he doesn't look like a stray. He's very soft, very well taken care of, a little chunky etc. But it would have to have been someone local and I have been to everyone's house around here.

Yes I have checked the paper already and have a lost add in it. I decided to stay home. Dylan is feeling absolutely horrible and fell asleep again. He is so sick that I felt it would not be a good idea to take him out in the cold. My friendly neighbors next door offered to hang up his posters though. :) Then when Dan gets home I will go searching again................not ever going to give up!

catland
12-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Oh my gosh - I'm so sorry, I just now found this thread. :(

Is there anyone in the area who went on vacation recently? Could Mystic be locked in someone's garage or shed? This does happen.

Prayers on the way.

Amber
12-01-2003, 06:21 PM
This might sound dumb, but I saw this on animal planet. I ladys cat was missing and they had a doggy detective sniff and find her. Maybe you could do that?? Im just trying to think of some ideas to help you. As I know how it feels to have a missing pet. Hope you find him!!

rg_girlca
12-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Cass, my heart is breaking for you as I know how you feel. Please don't give up hope. My RB Mittens went missing and I gave up hope of ever seeing him again. After 48 days of him being gone, he appeared on our back gallery at 2:00 a.m. meowing like no tomorrow. They were doing underground work around our area and he must have gotten himself lost in there, but the sweetie found his way out and came back home. So never say never.

Prayers still on the way that Mystic finds his way back home and big (((((HUGS))))) to you for support.

Also Amber, I don't think that is dumb at all. It's a very good idea.

catcrazylady
12-01-2003, 08:49 PM
My heart is breaking for you. When Leroy was gone I felt so helpless. I did everything a person could do to find him but it still didn't seem like enough. I so understand what you mean when you said you would rather know the bad then not ever know what happened to him. I felt the same way. Bad dreams and bad thoughts. I worried myself sick. I have said lots of prayers for Mystic's return today and I will continue to do so. Don't give up hope yet. Kitties can do some amazing things. Hang in there and know that we are all praying for Mystic to come home and (God forbid) that if something happened then you will find out so you will at least know. I remember the three days of Leroy so well. I can't imagine five days, a sick child, car trouble, a birthday coming, and crappy weather to boot!!! Extra big hugs!!!
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

luckies4me
12-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Well Dan is finally home! He got home late, which of course in my current state I thought he dissapeared too. :o

I am getting ready to take a shower and then head out to hang up posters around the neighborhood. Hopefully it won't be too cold tonight! I just need to dress extra warm. Tomorrow we are going to buy some plastic wrap.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, and reading these posts here gives me so much more hope. Wish me luck!

BTW It's 7:02 pm here, which is why it's so cold.

rg_girlca
12-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Good luck Cass and by the way, you did a fantastic job on the poster. I've never seen one so well done before.

CatDad
12-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Cass, I have not posted in this thread since the first day, and I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my prayers and will contiue to be.

I really wish there was something I could say that would be the magic answer. However, I read through all of the post and everyone else have come up with ideas that I had and many more.

Just know that me and the kitties are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers all day, everyday.

I wish I could give you a big hug, but I will send one is here:
{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Please take care of yourself all of this worry will really wear you down, I know. You will be no good to help if you are sick.

I know that it has been said before, but keep the faith. I know that it is hard, but keep trying.

amoore
12-01-2003, 09:52 PM
I keep coming back in hoping you have found Mystic, and that he is alright.:(

Steffi N
12-01-2003, 10:18 PM
I can't offer anything in the way of advice, just another voice saying keep up hope.
I am sorry to read that Dylan is sick. Please get well soon.

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 12:41 AM
Ok, posters in the near area are up! I still have a few more to print and hang around here, and then to the vet clinics and local businesses we go! I got one call today, but it was for a female cat, who was a lot younger the Mystic. :( I also went .....................OOH I am SO MAD!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

The neighbors got a pitbull and it's running around our house. Dan opened the door and the dog was right there!:mad: Ewok is outside! This dog is running around without a leash while the owner's are inside their stupid apartment!:mad:

Now Ewok is not coming when we call. Of course Dan let him out. I am calling the landlord tomorrow as we are not allowed to have pitbulls here, or any large agressive dogs. This dog was chasing the other cats that live around here around.

Do you think he ate Mystic?

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 01:20 AM
Ok Ewok got scared and actually ran outside..........so Dan didn't let him out. :o

Anyways, he's back now. Ewok that is. Dan found him on top of the roof while seaching outside for Mystic. Anyways, the posters are up. I feel a lot better having them up for people to see. I also went to more neighbor's houses who were not home yesterday or the day before. I am hoping someone calls tomorrow. I need to print more posters, as I want one on every place imaginable!

trayi52
12-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Cass, I am sorry to hear that Mystic is gone, hopefully Mystic will return safe and sound.

I had a cat go missing for about 3 or 4 days, and found her sitting in a tree. She had somehow gotten outside and she just hated dogs, so when she heard one bark, up the tree she went. I was finally able to coax her down. It took some time, but she came down.

Anyway, I hope Mystic comes back soon, and I hope your baby gets well really soon. Its really hard to have a sick child too. Best wishes, and a happy outcome.

Tray

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Thank you. Today is day 6! :( :( :(

catmandu
12-02-2003, 11:42 AM
The trouble is that when Cats get out , they are scred and dis oriented. WE are praying that Mystic senses her way home , and is not locked up , accidentally!

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
The trouble is that when Cats get out , they are scred and dis oriented. WE are praying that Mystic senses her way home , and is not locked up , accidentally!

He knows exactly where he lives. He used to go outside every day, but for a couple days I kept him inside as it is cold and healthier for them to be indoors. He knows his way around this place very well. He loves to romp in the grass in the back etc. So I know he knows where he lives. I really think someone has him in their house. :(

I have looked in all the bushes and under the house a gazllion times, in the leaf piles next to the street (which is very far away so it's very unlikely he was hit by a car, unless it was right here by our neighbors and they aren't saying anything. The street takes a few minutes to walk to..) and have found nothing. None of the neighbors have seen him either. :(

I don't know what to do. I keep opening the door thinking he's just going to be there and come walking right in, but he doesn't.

moosmom
12-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Cass,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mystic. Please don't give up hope. When Lil Eli fell out of my living room window, I had absolutely NO idea where he was. Turns out he stayed right around the building, hiding in the alcove to the basement. I tried trapping him for 5 days with no luck. One night I saw him in the yard after I returned from running errands. Believe it or not, he goes absolutely nowhere near the front window he fell from. I know how you feel, not knowing whether he's around or not.

You and Mystic will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

slick
12-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Mystic, please come home soon. All of us and your Meowmie are worried about you.

God, you know what to do. You've never let us down so far and I know you can work another miracle.

Prairie Purrs
12-02-2003, 12:52 PM
I hope Mystic will make it home soon. Like lots of other folks have said, don't give up, because cats move in mysterious ways.

My RB girl Keke once got out through a hole that I didn't know about in the laundry room floor. She spent the next 10 days in the crawlspace under the house. I kept trying to coax her out, but she wouldn't come near me. I was heartbroken.

Then one day I heard a meow in the laundry room, and when I opened the door, Keke sauntered out and rubbed against my legs like nothing had ever happened. She was with me for 13 years after that and never tried to get outside again.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Prayers for you and your family and Mystic that he will be home soon.

My cat Grandma, was a stray before I took her in. She took off for almost a year once, then suddenly came back. Maybe Mystic is just exploring and will be home soon.:(

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 02:54 PM
I really do not think he's around here, the reason being is he used to go outside all the time, and he's is SO ATTACHED to Cheetah.

Cheetah is very sad and dissoriented. She is searching our house crying, looking for Mystic. :( She's just yowling and looking for him. I hate to see her like this.

Logan
12-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Cass, I am so sorry. Please don't give up. I hope that Mystic will come back home. You never know! We will keep you in our prayers, and Mystic too, of course.

Logan

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 02:56 PM
We put the other cats out, Cheetah and Houdini to see if maybe they will lead us to him, but nothing.

luckies4me
12-02-2003, 10:04 PM
Tomorrow is my birthday and I am hoping for some good luck. Tomorrow I am going furthur into town, to distrubute posters, and even going into the neighboring town to hang them. I will NOT STOP til I find him! :(

jazzcat
12-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Cass, I'll pray you have a very special birthday with a kitty homecoming. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

trayi52
12-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Cass, I wish you a Mystic Birthday!

Tray

luckies4me
12-03-2003, 11:11 AM
I was up late at night last night, and while I was standing outside I could have sworn I heard Mystic meowing!! Of course, I was half asleep, but just maybe I did really hear him and he is around here somewhere! I'll let you know if I find something today! :D

Lorraine
12-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you for Mystics safe return.

slick
12-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Cass--
May your special day be blessed with the best birthday present ever - the safe return of Mystic.

Where is Phred??? We need a special "dials God" prayer.

tatsxxx11
12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Extra special birthday wishes for Mystic's safe return. Hopefully today will be the day, Cass...:)

rg_girlca
12-03-2003, 04:01 PM
I also hope you get what you are wishing for. The return of your precious Mystic.

Vermontcat
12-03-2003, 07:21 PM
I hope that Mystic comes home soon!

luckies4me
12-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Today my arms are empty,
Cold and lost without you there.
You journied on without me,
And now I sit in dark despair.

You brought me so much joy, my love,
You brightened up each day.
A dear sweet friend to be proud of,
But now you've gone far, far away.

Now we're all left here to wonder,
As you wander off somewhere.
If we shall be torn asunder,
Grieving always, unaware...

That truly you have not quite left,
You still cuddle close at night.
While we cry and search, alone, bereft...
You are still shining bright.

And when I sleep I hear a whisper,
And feel whiskers in my ear:
"Mommy, please don't be too sad,
I'll always be right here."

And sometimes when I sit in thought,
I see you in your favourite spot,
Your contended face is not forgot!
And then you're gone, and I am not...

And when at last my life runs dry,
Slipping off to the unknown.
I will not have to say goodbye,
Not to Earth or sea or sky,
Never again to cry, or sigh,
Or demand to know why you had to die!

For we both shall journey home.

catland
12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Dear sweet Mystic - please go home. Your family misses you so much.

Hugs and prayers for your return.

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Hello, God ~

Trubbel down here onna Dirt Ball agin...

We gots a Lost Kat - Mystic :(

Allua Pet Talkurz gettin *reel wurried* kuz he's been gone fur
lotsa daze... Not like him to wandur away.

'Preciate it iffin You kuld keep a GodsEye out fur him.
An maybee have summa Your Tracker Dawgz do sum *sniffin* too.

We're all Prayin fur his Safe Return Home -
Lottsa Pawz & Klawz crossed in Prayer.

Be awful nice iffin You kuld send him home fur Christmas...
lotta speshul treets waitin fur him.

Oh, an it'd be nice iffin You kuld wrap Your GodsPawz round
hiz Mom - L4M iz Reel Wurried bout Mystic!

Thankz fur Your Help, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

slick
12-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Oh Phred: every time I read one of your prayers to God I start crying because I know it will work.

Please Mystic, come home. We all miss you.

krazyaboutkatz
12-04-2003, 11:31 PM
Cass, I'm sorry for replying so late but I just want to send some prayers and positive thoughts your way. Please come home Mystic. Your family misses you very much.

amoore
12-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Mystic, please come home ! Your mommy has written such a beautiful peom for you! We are all hanging on to our hopes that you will come home soon!
That was such a nice prayer that was given for you! Mystic, we Love you and want you to return to your sweet mom. Please come home!

sqwelch
12-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Sorry I've not replied sooner, I've been offline for a couple of weeks !!!

Prayers for Mystic, please come home soon, meowmie is sooooo worried !!! Fingers and paws crossed for a safe return home
XOXO

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 02:57 PM
I got a call! I'm going to call them back right now. Wish me luck! :D

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok I just talked to the lady. It sounds like Mystic, just by the way she is describing his personality and everything. I really hope it's him. I will be so happy, so very very happy! She called a vet clinic and they gave her my number, since I alerted all of the clinics he was missing.

I pray that it's him! If I got one call, and it's not him it still gives me hope!

trinity
12-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Oy boy!!! All fingers and toes crossed here in PA! I will go crazy over the weekend waiting to get back to see the update. Oh my! A reason to be excited about coming to work on Monday!

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Waiting impatiently! :p

catland
12-05-2003, 03:15 PM
I really hope its Mystic.

andrea_NMAggie
12-05-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm very excited about the latest news. I hope it's Mystic!!!! I've been checking in every day to see the latest.

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm crying right now. I can't help it. I miss him so much. I am looking at his poster and his cute little brown nose.

trayi52
12-05-2003, 03:21 PM
I am keeping my fingers crossed.:)

RedHedd
12-05-2003, 03:22 PM
OMG - Prayers going your way that it IS Mystic!

amoore
12-05-2003, 03:22 PM
We are all anxiously waiting with our fingers and toes crossed!:)

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I'm crying right now. I can't help it. I miss him so much. I am looking at his poster and his cute little brown nose.
So is the lady bring the cat (hopefully Mystic) to you now?

When will you know if it is him ?

Gosh, fingers and paws crossed here....please bring us good news.

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:24 PM
It's not him. :( BUT, he's an awfully cute kitty! She wants to get rid of him.............what do you think??? ;)

Here is a pic

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Here's another pic.

When I talked to her she asked me if Mystic was black, and I said yes, so I thought that the cat she had was black with markings like my boy, but I guess not.

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 03:28 PM
It's not him. :( BUT, he's an awfully cute kitty! She wants to get rid of him.............what do you think??? ;)

Here is a pic
Keep him, he is a cutie :)

I'm sorry it wasn't Mystic but keep your chin up, he could be home any day.

trayi52
12-05-2003, 03:29 PM
He is so cute, take him! He might bring you luck and bring Mystic backl

He is cute though, looks like he has done made himself at home.:)

Sorry it wasn't Mystic though, wish it had of been, I think everybody is really watching this thread, hoping to see that Mystic is home safe and sound.

Tray:)

andrea_NMAggie
12-05-2003, 03:33 PM
What a cute kitty! Yeah, keep him too! I'm still keeping the prayers going for Mystic too.

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Thank you everyone for all your support! I am not giving up hope yet. I am trying to stay strong. Hey if I got one call, why not another right? :)

She's going to talk to her husband and see what he says. If not I will put his pic up on my Bengal rescue site. He's neutered already, so you would think he had a owner in the past. This is what happens with Bengals though. People get tired of them. :(

You know though, his first two pics she sent me really look like my stray Bengal Simba. Remember him? Well he got adopted to a very nice couple in my apartments, and they renamed him Jack. I will try to get new pics of him today and I am trying to get his mom to join PT too! :D He's gained so much weight now too, he weighs 12.5 pounds!

The story is a long one so I will have to write about it tomorrow in another thread.

I did get to put up one more poster yesterday while I was out at the vet clinic. I am hoping these posters will work!

I'll let you know what happens with this kitty cat. :) And thanks again to everyone. Sorry I didn't have better news. :(

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:40 PM
Also, I'm making an appointment for all the cats to be microchipped!

trayi52
12-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Like you said Cass, if there is one call, there should be others. So I will keep watching and hoping that one of the calls is about Mystic. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for Mystic,
Tray

CatDad
12-05-2003, 04:18 PM
I got so excited when I saw the post that you got a call. I am so sorry to hear that it was not Mystic. I was really hoping that last night while my line was done that you would get good news

He is really cute however.:)

I think you have the right attuide, if you got one call, then others are not that far behind.

You and Mystic have been in my Prayers everday and I am still holding good thoughts for a happy ending.

Keep up the great attitude and keep us updated.

{{{HUGS}}} from all of us.

Steffi N
12-05-2003, 05:26 PM
That beautiful kitty looks like a keeper. The call says that people are seeing your posters. I hope the next call you get brings Mystic safely home to you.

catcrazylady
12-05-2003, 06:16 PM
I was so excited and hopeful for you! I have been watching all day at work. I'm so sorry it wasn't Mystic. Maybe the lady called you because you are supposed to meet this new kitty!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif I'm not sure how she could have thought he was black! Maybe this was meant to be. He is sure a handsome kitty! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Hopefully the next call will be about your Mystic. Don't give up because we haven't! Still praying for his safe return and hopfully it will be soon!

aly
12-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Still holding Mystic in my prayers. I have a feeling he is safe and warm with a full belly lounging in someone's house. Hopefully they will see your posters!

Kristyn
12-06-2003, 07:21 PM
im sorry to hear that:( please dont worry. my best friends kitty was missing for a year before he came back. I will pray 4 ur Mystic and hope 4 the best!:D

luckies4me
12-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but I just wanted to give a little update that Mystic still has not returned home. I am still keeping an eye and ear out, and still combing the newspaper for Found ads etc. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support while I was going through this tough time. It really meant a lot to me to have such people. Thanks again. :)

amoore
12-31-2003, 04:42 PM
I was so hoping this was news of mystic's return. I still think he is alive somwhere.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 05:18 PM
I'm so sorry he's still missing! :( Please don't give up hope!

Kirsten

trayi52
12-31-2003, 06:01 PM
Darn it Cass I wish Mystic would come back, I have kept my fingers crossed for so long, I think they are starting to grow that way.

I bet he is in somebodys house, if they just knew what a good home they were taking Mystic from.......

Willie

luckies4me
12-31-2003, 07:56 PM
You know, the thing is, he would sometimes leave and we wondered where he was, when all the other cats were here. I KNOW he HAD to have been somewhere, especially when it was raining! I KNOW someone has him, I mean, I feel 90% confident he is living with someone, which makes me SO angry. Either people are lying or I don't know what. I just hope he is alive. I really wish he would just come back. It makes me so damn frustrated.

slick
12-31-2003, 09:09 PM
Well, if someone does have him and he's alive and well, that's better than the alternative........but I can see how frustrating it must be for you. You'd think that whomever has him would know that he would be missed.......

Arrrrrrrgggg, people can be so insensitive :mad:

Hugs to you Cass. I'm sure Mystic is missing you too wherever he is.

CatDad
01-01-2004, 02:36 AM
I too was hoping for good news when I saw this thread.:(

I was going to ask too, because I had not heard anything for a while.

Well you and mystic are still in my prayers and I hoping for a return.

Steffi N
01-01-2004, 09:51 AM
I too was hoping for good news about Mystic. Hopefully someone is caring for him and will do the right thing and let him come home.
Mystic, your family and all of us miss you. :(

kittenwhiskerz
01-01-2004, 04:01 PM
I only found this thread today, but I know how your heart feels when one of your babies go missing. I've had that happen just lately. Sunny sneaked out the back door! The next day we went out and posted reward signs and got one call but it wasn't Sunny. Then two days later he just showed up at the back door. Hubby just happened to be in the room and heard him. Maybe he would have left again if nobody had heard him. There were alot of relieved tears from all of our family. But when I used to let cats outdoors, I had a few cats go missing for months. So DON'T GIVE UP. Your little Mystic is so beautiful that I am sure someone has him. If he gets a chance to away from where he is, I know he will find his way home.
Darrolanne from CA

luckies4me
02-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Would it be possible for you guys to still pray for his return? Please. :(

AmberLee
02-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I will continue to pray for Mystic's safe return.

CatDad
02-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Not a problem. Actually I still remember to keep him in my prayers.

I am sorry to hear that he is still gone.

RedHedd
02-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Would it be possible for you guys to still pray for his return? Please. :( But of course! You got 'em!

Killearn Kitties
02-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Of course!! I'm sorry to hear he's not back yet.

Delf
02-19-2004, 06:01 AM
I hope that the cat comes back soon..!

dukedogsmom
02-19-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm so sorry you haven't found him yet. I can only pray that he's safe and loved somewhere and that you're reunited soon. I wanted to ask you if you had found him but didn't want to make you sad.

catcrazylady
02-19-2004, 07:44 AM
I also was afraid to ask but you still have my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry that you still don't know what happened.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

Tonya
02-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Oh no! I didn't realize that he's still missing! There is still hope. Cats have such a good sense of direction. They're known for returning home after long periods of time. I'll continue praying for Mystic.

sqwelch
02-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Please Mystic come home soon, prayers and best wishes from me!!

Logan
02-19-2004, 08:56 AM
I haven't forgotten to include Mystic in my prayers, Cass. I still hold out hope. :)

catmandu
02-19-2004, 09:01 AM
The Found Cats are praying for Mystic to come home , and to be with her Family Again !!! Mystic the Cat , GO HOME.!!!!!Please!

aki
02-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Chuck and I are still praying that Mystic will come home soon. I don't know what I would do if Chuck was missing. God bless.

Randi
02-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Cass, I've only just read the whole thread. I'm so very sorry Mystic haesn't come home yet. :( :(

I have heard of cats coming back who had been gone for several weeks - even months. Please don't loose hope, he will hopefully turn up!

Any chance you could take his best friend (your other cat) along on a leash to look for him? It may attract him. Just a thought.

We'll keep all fingers and paws crossed here.

Hugs to you - stay strong! :)

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Now I am crying. I can't helpt it, I miss him so much. I never would have thought this would be so hard. I thought I would eventually forget but I can't.

It's hard because sometimes I hear meows and I can swear it's Mystic, but it turns out to be another cat. I have dreams of him, where it's so real. I just want to know where he is. I don't like not knowing what happened. That happened to my cat Lucky when I went on vacation and my roomate decided to throw him out side while I was gone. I raised him from a tiny baby and we were inseperable, and I came back and he was missing. He had never been outside before and there were coyotoes around. Lucky is how I got my screen name, Luckies4me. He even has a song I sang to him. I never imagined losing a pet would be this hard. Morgan was terrible, but Mystic was here on his first day of life, and has been since. It's just different. He was born on my lap and I was there for all his moments. I just miss him. I can hardly look at his pictures now. I jsut feel awful because it was me who should have protected him. He should have never been outside. I just want to see him again. I am sorry for bringing this up again but it's very very hard for me.

If you can say a prayer for me too I really need it. Life right now is not going as good as it should and I am having a lot of troubles, which is why I haven't been posting much here. I am depressed and just feel like sleeping all day. Dan is treating me like crap too. I just can't wait to go home to California. I really need to see my family.

kittenwhiskerz
02-19-2004, 02:08 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cass}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Oh my gosh these are the things that happen to us and make us wonder if anything will ever be alright again. I've seen stories of cats that have come home after Years of being missing. I know that doesn't help you feel better in your grief but it may be something to hang onto. I'm so sorry about the other situation. At least you will be able to control THAT one. Try to keep strong Cass. We are all here thinking and praying for you and Mystic. Hang in there sweetie, it WILL get better.

Kittenwhiskerz~CA~

Randi
02-19-2004, 02:15 PM
This is so hard on you. :( We'll all be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts, and hoping your little Mystic will be back with you soon. :)

Keep you hopes up too - and try to get a good nights sleep.

We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for Mystic's safe return.

Felicia's Mom
02-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Prayers for Mystics safe return.

catland
02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
oh gosh, now I'm all teary eyed too. The not knowing must be so very hard. I'll continue to pray for you and Mystic.

rg_girlca
02-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Oh gosh Cass I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. Try to keep a stiff upper lip girl and take one day at a time.

You and Mystic will remain in my thoughts and in my prayers.

shais_mom
02-19-2004, 03:42 PM
OH Cass, I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. You will be in my thoughts.
If you need anything don't hesitate to PM me!

Kirsten
02-19-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm so sorry that Mystic is still missing. (((HUGS)))
I agree with you, not to know what happened to him is the hardest thing! :(

I know someone with a cat that came back home after seven months, they never found out where he was. They thought he was dead, but one day he was sitting in front of the door as if nothing has happened.

Positive thoughts are on their way for you and precious Mystic...

Kirsten

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Thank you all so much. It's so nice to have people here who understand. :)