PDA

View Full Version : My uncle just had a seizure

Kfamr
11-29-2003, 12:47 PM
I really don't know the details, and it's really not surprising that it's happened, but i'm worried, worried for my mother because she almost had a seizure herself talking about it.

She and my uncle had just drove to subway to get lunch... on the way home supposedly my uncle had started shaking his drink all over the place and making grunting sounds. He started foaming at the mouth and everything.
my mom pulled in front of some people at the light and asked them to call 911.

An ambulance came and i guess he's probably at the hospital right now.
My mom and aunt (both my uncle's sister's) came home to tell me what was going on. No ones home because my dad and other uncle are at Lowe's to get lumber for the shed they're almost done with. Just me, sim & Nala.

Just keep him in your thoughts.
Although, it is his fault from all of the damned ALCOHOL he consumes. :mad:

I guess i'm just posting this because i need someone to vent to.

Maybe he'll learn this time, afterall this is about the 5th or 6th time something like this has happened.

Cookiebaker
11-29-2003, 01:31 PM
How very scary!! Keeping you & your family in our thoughts, Kay. Go hug Sim & Nala and feel better!!!

primabella
11-29-2003, 01:56 PM
That's awful and so scary. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and hoping he learns to stop drinking. :(

Karen
11-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Good gracious. I am glad your mom was calm enough to do what needed to be done. Maybe this will be the wake-up call he needs.

Tonya
11-29-2003, 02:41 PM
I am sorry to here that. Jaden fell at a playground a few years ago and had a seizure. It is such a scary thing to see.

CatDad
11-29-2003, 02:46 PM
Good thoughts for your uncle and Mom, and the entire family. It is good that your mom kept her head in a stressful situation.

Prayers that this will be the warning sign that your uncle listens too.

dukedogsmom
11-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear about this KayAnn. I just don't understand why people continue to do things that are bad for them. Maybe he will be alright and decide that he's had enough. That would have been very scary. Hope Sim and Nala can make you feel better.

Kfamr
11-29-2003, 06:20 PM
He's back and fine now. I figured it be just another thing. It probably won't change anything.

Thanks for having him in your thoughts.