PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

K9soul
11-29-2003, 11:23 AM
I saw a commercial recently for something called "Bowlingual"... a supposed dog bark translator. It sounds like a joke but I did find this site:

http://www.thedogtranslator.com/index.php?aff_id=17&aff_sub_id=20

I feel rather incredulous, but still somewhat intrigued. Not enough to pay the price on it but I guess I would be curious to see what the thing said. I'm pretty skeptical though. And I don't feel I would ever need a "translator" anyway to know how my dogs are feeling :p

CamCamPup33
11-29-2003, 12:19 PM
I want it! -adds to christmas list-

Who knows if its actually accurate. I still want it! Im curious! ;)

Aspen and Misty
11-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I just think it would be fun to have around! Dureing a party, strap onto your dog and tell your guest that she or he wil tell you what she wants. LOL

::also adds to Christmas list::

Ash :D

Cincy'sMom
11-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Consumer Reports did a report on it...they didn't think it seemed to accurate to the dog and seemed to think good old body language was more effective. If it wasn't so expsensive, it may be a cute party trick :)

Karen
11-29-2003, 02:09 PM
I saw the commercial, but doubt it does anyone any good. After all, we know what our pets mean more than any company - how do they know the difference between an angry GSD bark and a happy GSD bark ... unless they customized it per dog, breed, gender, etc., I do not think it could work at all.

cali
11-29-2003, 02:19 PM
I know someone who got to try it out they said is was very accurate :confused:

K9soul
11-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Maybe depends on the dog. It'd be interesting for curiosity's sake for sure but a bit pricey for me (too many bills! :rolleyes: )

If anyone here gets it you will have to let us know how it works. :D