PDA

View Full Version : I Found A Puppy In Petco!!!!(Mad.....)

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-28-2003, 10:47 PM
I found a puppy in the way way far back of petco! She was only about 5 weeks old! She was a Blue Heeler and gorgeous little thing, but that isn't the point of this post. She was just the size where you could stick her in your pocket, not even CLOSE to supposed to be being away from her mommy and it looked like someone had just put her in their pocket and dropped her off and left her there! When I found her, she was just about to crawl under one of those shelves that they keep the dog food on, thats how small she was! I'm glad she didn't get under there where nobody found her. My mom wouldn't let me keep her, but she found a good home thankfully. It was someone who bottle fed her. I wouldn've known how :( I would've learned though! You gotta learn everything sometime or another. Anyway, the I wanted to ask you pet talkers......This makes me very angry how people could do things like that to there pets, to just drop it off in a store. At least the stupid person was smart enough to abandon her in a PET store where someone would find her! It makes me soo mad:mad: ! Am I the only one, or is everyone else the same? Also, I'm mad cause my mom wouldn't let me keep her, but, oh well, at least i found her and saved her from getting stuck under that shelf.:) sorry, i don't have a pic. :(

Tonya
11-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Poor thing! I am glad that you found her. It ticks me off that people abandon pets, but at least they didn't dump her off on the side of the road.

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Ok, good, so I'm not the only one that it ticks off?? :p

wolf_Q
11-28-2003, 11:16 PM
I work at a Petco and we've had quite a few litters of puppies and kittens just dropped off in or near the store. :( People can be so stupid...at least it's better then dropping them off in a field or something.

K9soul
11-28-2003, 11:19 PM
poor little baby :(

I'm sure that would anger/upset just about anyone here at PT. People can be so heartless and irresponsible.

Karen
11-28-2003, 11:22 PM
I am glad you found her, glad that she found the puppy food - hope her momma dog gets spayed. Hey - most stores these days have security cameras and tapes. Any chance they could catch who did it? Don;t know if it is prosecutable, but it should be!

wolfsoul
11-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Awww, that's too bad. :( But hey, atleast the person knew to drop it off there instead of somewhere where no one would find it or where it could be in danger.

For instance...I remember when my dad came home from camping and told me that he was fishing. This little boy walked up to him and said "Have you seen my puppies?" He said no, and the boy said "Oh, because my dad put them in the water for a swim and they haven't come back yet." :mad:

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-29-2003, 01:45 AM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW STUPID CAN THAT GUY OF BEEN????? I WANNA JUST PUNCH 'IM IN THE FACE!!!!!! POOR THINGS PROBABLY dROWN! :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

dukedogsmom
11-29-2003, 06:49 AM
That is so horrible! One time, at our SPCA, someone dropped off 10 Golden Retriever puppies. I can't believe the cruelness of the human race.

sasvermont
11-29-2003, 08:19 AM
You have to wonder what was going through their minds when these folks just drop off pets, hoping that everything works out.

Winter, my new rabbit, was one of five Angora rabbits just dropped off at the end of a driveway, in a box, at the house of a shelter person. Only Winter survived, as the others were skinny, matted and ill. Winter must have one strong immune system to survived the horrible beginning to her life. She now has her own room, oriental carpet and a futon!

Some endings are good. Some are not.

catnapper
11-29-2003, 09:19 AM
My neighbor did just that thing... I'm not defending him (he was a creep) but what he did was far, far better for the pup (why oh why didn't he just take the dog to the Humane Society - its two blocks away!)

Anyway, he and his children were abusive to the pup. Many times we unchained him in the rain (torrential rain) and brought him into our house for warmth. I asked people in the neighborhood to keep an eye out for him and make sure he was taken care of when they obviously didn't. their child BEAT the poor thing - he was so sweet, why beat it? She was old enough (11) to know not to do that.

My neighbor one day *pretended* to have the pup escape to tell his kids the dog ran away, but he just dropped it off in a local store where he'd be found and taken to a good home. Heck, my husband and I would have kept him! As I said, he was a really sweet dog.

I get so mad at times when people get pets and do not realize the full responsibility of pet ownership. But then again, people have children and do the same thing, don't they? We need licenses to get married, licenses to drive.. why not licenses to have pets and children?

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Seriously! It makes me so mad how people can be so crule! I wish they had to go to jail or something, ya know? we should have a law on this kinda stuff. It's serious to us pet lovers! :(

Corinna
11-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Sas , I know what you mean I seemed to be the local angora drop off when I lived in washington. I mean if they called I would take them in but too many mornings I would find Boxes with bunnies in them on my porch. One person even left cage and 50lbs of food. and hubby wondered how I had 25 with out breeding any of my reg. does?
Thankfully now only one and I live in town not supposed to have but he's a spoiled house bun. at 14 years old he can be.

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-29-2003, 10:27 PM
awwww, so cute! Do you have any pictures? I forgot what an agnora was, are they the longhaired ones? Do you think people WANT to abandoned their pets? I wouldn't and it' so cruel!