PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts for Joey

CatDad
11-28-2003, 09:13 PM
I just wanted to ask for good thoughts for Joey. She isn't feeling well.

First, it was so cool the Bob and Joey sat together again and cleaned each other.:)

Anyway, we left to go to a friends house for thanksgiving and everyone seemed good. They were sleeping together when we left, it was so cute(sorry no pictures:() When we came home I found that someone had thrown up. So, I feed the kitties and cleaned that up(No turkey for them). I still didn't think anything was really wrong.

About a half hour later Joey comes down and throws up her dinner. Well, when I got up this morning I found a hole bunch of spots of what I thought were a kitty getting sick, it turns out some of them were. However, it also turned out that Joey had diarrhea and was not cleaning herself very well. She has spent most of the day in her closet and didn't want any of her dinner tonight. She is real moppy too.

Also Bob threw up a Hiarball too it has just been a fun fest at our house today.:eek:;)

I called the vet and set an appointment for tomorrow morning. Hopefully she just got ahold of something, but I can't find any evidence of what that may be.

I am pretty sure that she will be fine, but I thought that I would ask for some good thoughts for her. Some good thoughts for me too, I still have scars on my arms from the last visit.:eek::)

Thanks!

I thought that I would throw in a picture of Joey, just because.:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p9cde5a11a9f0402acde82f47ac6134e3/faaacc62.jpg

jazzcat
11-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Bryan, Sorry to hear about Joey. I hope she will be okay.

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way. Please keep us posted.

Steffi N
11-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Joey, I am sorry you are not feeling well.

Good thoughts on their way for you and your daddy.

Bryan, I hope Joey just got into something that disagreed with her and that she will be just fine. Please keep us posted.

Lovable and I are spending Thanksgiving in Ohio with my sister, her husband and their six cats. Lovable enjoyed leftover turkey today.

Miss Meow
11-28-2003, 09:55 PM
I hope everything is fine at the vet's visit. It sounds like an upset tummy from strange food, but a real and qualified doctor is a much better option :)

slick
11-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Oh poor Joey. I sure hope he's going to be OK. Prayers on the way for you little furry one.

CatDad
11-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.:)

I know in my head that Joey will be fine. However, I am just being a worry wart and an over protective father.

I just wish that I could figure out what it is that she got into.:confused: I really need her to talk.

shais_mom
11-29-2003, 12:44 AM
Good luck Sweet Joey!!
I hope you feel better.

Tonya
11-29-2003, 12:49 AM
Awww, Joey. I'm praying for you. Get well soon! You are lucky to have such a good daddy!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-29-2003, 12:54 AM
Aww sweet little Joey! Hope you feel better really soon, and behave for Dad at the vet! (HUGS)

jenluckenbach
11-29-2003, 04:35 AM
Prayers for Joey. Maybe it will just be an accumulation of hairballs. Keep us posted.

bisi.cat
11-29-2003, 05:16 AM
Oh sweet Joey,
hope that you feel fine again soon!!!
I know the white coats will help you to feel much better and sure you'll receive lots of loving care at your home!!!

ChrisH
11-29-2003, 06:48 AM
Poor Joey. Hope you are feeling better soon sweetie.
Prayers and good thoughts on their way.

Craftlady
11-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Keeping good thoughts for Joey.

catnapper
11-29-2003, 09:01 AM
Aww, uppies are not fun for anyone - especially the person lucky enough to pick them up! Sorry to hear her tummy isn't feeling good.

So here are ~*~*~Good Health Vibes~*~*~

lynnestankard
11-29-2003, 09:12 AM
Oh Joey {{{Hugs}}} hope your feeling a little better and when you've visited the 'white coats' you'll be back to good health. xxxx

Bryan - keep hanging on there - brave Daddy can do this. If she's not feeling so well getting her into her basket might be easy this time.

Fingers crossed here and prayers being said for a precious fur girlxx

Lynne

CatDad
11-29-2003, 01:52 PM
First, I can't really express how much your good thoughts mean to me and to Joey also.:) So I will just say thank you very much.:D

Well, at least the fight to get her into the carrier went ok. No major wounds, and we didn't play chase around the house. I caught her unaware and she protested and squirmed, but it was quick at least.

I found blood this morning before I took her to the vet and it turns out that she has developed blood in her stool, and it is still diarrhea. She has also been such a good girl. Everytime she needed to go she went to the little box. The only reason I found anything was becasue it stuck to her fur.

The vet said that she is tender in some spots and is really dehydrated. I should have taken her in yesterday, bad Cat daddy.:(

The vet is going to run some more tests, but she said that it is most likely a blockage of some sort or maybe infalmmed intestines ot bowels. She is going to take some pictures, I think she said it was an ultrasound. She also let me know that since Joey is not moving real fast that she will not have to put under for that. Yea!! They are also going to run a blood panel on her, the vet callde it mini blood panel.

Depending on how she reacts to the fuilds and what they find today I may have to take her to a 24 hour clinic so they can keep an eye one her.

I came home after I left her at the vet and searched the house again and I finally found something that she could have possibly gotten. It was a plant that had some leaves chewed on. Well I spent the next couple of hours trying to find the plant type. It turned out to be a Peperomia, and I looked and it is not toxic to kitties. Thank God. I would have felt a lot worse then I do if it turned out to be bad for cats. I want to put is a plug for the florist that the plant came from, they were fantastic. After I tried to find it on the net, I called the florisit. Not only did they now the deliver from last may, they spent about twenty minutes on the phone with me trying to figure it out. It was a basket that could have had different types of plants. Since we couldn't figure it out, because of my bad descriptions. I asked if I could bring it in and they said sure. I drove the plant down there and that is when we figured it out. If you are in Seattle and need flowers the name is Lawrence the Florist, I know that is where I will be going from now on. I don't know there delivery area, but they are located in Bellevue. They really were great and very helpful.:)

Well I kept it togther up to now, it just hit me. I am just going to cry for a little while. I know that I am hopefully overreacting, but she is my little girl. Maybe writting it down made it real for me or I was hoping that it would be better news then it was and this was the first real chance I had to think about it. At least I waited until I got what needed to be done first. I will also know more this afternoon, that is good. For now I will make Bob cuddle with me, I don't care if he is in the mood or not.:eek::)

The good news is she get her nails trimmed, for free even. The vet threw that in for me.:)

Anyway, once again I appreciate all of the good thoughts and prayers and comfort. There are no other people, that I know of, that would care about my baby girl this much. I really wish that I could put into words how much I really do appreciate it. I would just ask that you continue to keep her in you prayers.

Thank you for reading, and all of your encouragemet. So as a reward another picture of my baby girl. She need to get better soon so she can bring us our towels.:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pf455e18065e0f404662941fc1c8f7168/faa472f5.jpg

Cataholic
11-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Bryan,
I am sorry to hear about Joey. I hate it when our babies aren't well. Positive thoughts that she is on the mend!!

AvaJoy
11-29-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Joey's ailment, but the important thing is that she is under vet's care and thanks to your detective work, the possible culprit has been identified. Prayers and good thoughts are sent your way for Joey's speedy recovery!:) {{HUGS}}

rg_girlca
11-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Oh Bryan I have tears in my eyes from reading your last post.
Anyone who loves their animal will worry no matter what the circumstances are.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and precious Joey that it isn't anything serious. I hope she gets well soon and has a full and complete recovery and is back home with you soon.

Also you are not a bad cat daddy, you're a GREAT cat daddy.

When you see Joey, give her a kiss for me and I'm sending big
(((((HUGS))))) to you for support.

We are all here for you:)

ChrisH
11-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Keeping sweet Joey, and you, in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs

Chris

tomkatzid
11-29-2003, 04:38 PM
We are very sorry to hear about Joey. The 24 hr vet is a good idea, I had to do it 5 days in a row for Tonee (RB cocker) and pick her up each morn and take her back to reg vet for the day. It worked. And I'm sure they will fix Joey right up too. Keeping our clawed paws crossed for all of you .
Tom and Katz

jenluckenbach
11-29-2003, 05:44 PM
OH...now I am crying with you. I hope they can find the cause soon so that the cure won't be far behind. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Steffi N
11-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Bryan, don't feel bad. You are a great cat daddy. I hope so much that the vet finds out what is wrong with Joey and that she gets better very soon. I agree that the 24 hour vet is a good idea. Gentle pets to you, little girl. Please keep close to Bob and keep us up to date.

Your florist was so good to you. It is wonderful when people go so far to help.

CatDad
11-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Well I just got home from the 24 hour clinic.

They are going to run some more blood test to see if there is anything that they can tell from that. They will probably start her on a course of antibiotics, depending on the test. They may also adjust the fluids that they are giving her.

At this point we still don't know. they are going to do another set of xrays at midnight tonight. They may possibly be feeding her barium and track that by Xray to see if there is really a blockage at that time also. After that if we can't determine the cause we are onto surgery. They said that they will call me after the Xrays and let me know what is up.

They doctor at the clinic agreed that she had inflamed intestinal walls, but he did not have a good explanation as to why either.

Hopefully, the new set of xrays will show some movement that will give them some indication of what exactly the issue is. If nothing else can be determined, it is surgery.

I just feel so bad about her all alone at the vet. She doesn't feel well and dad just left her all alone, that makes me real feel bad. I know that it is helping her, I still can't help wanting to be with her. The vet said that I can come and visit if I want. I will do that tomorrow, or really early this morning if they have to do surgery.

Thank you for all the prayers and kind thoughts and commets. I really appreciate them. I just want my baby to get better.

Also, I appreciate you allowing me to ramble and continue to update you on her progress. That really does help.:) I think the Bob is secretly enjoying the attention that I am forcing on him.;)

rg_girlca
11-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh Bryan, ramble all you want, that's what we are here for, but it is definitly a must on the updates.:)

I know how hard it is for you to leave Joey alone and not be there for her, but as you said, you know it is the best thing to do.
I really pray and hope that with the barium test, they are able to find out what is wrong with her and they don't have to do surgery.

Hang in there precious Joey, we are all rooting for you to get well real soon. Headbumpies and scritchies on the way for you.

(((((HUGS))))) for you Bryan and give Bob a kiss for me, even if he doesn't want it.:D

Craftlady
11-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Bryan,
Keeping good thoughts here that Joey will be ok. It's amazing what they can do for our little furry kids. This 24 clinic sure is up to date with things and thats comforting.
If you want to call and check up her 1000 times you do it. :)
Don't feel bad about wanting to either. It would be hard for me having to leave one of the kids. You try to get some rest Joey going to need dad's undivided attention when she comes home. She doesn't want any sleeping on the couch from being to tired :)

NoahsMommy
11-29-2003, 09:32 PM
We'll be praying hard for sweet Joey until she's all better. Micah and I sure can sympathize with her digestive problems and are also sending thoughts her way.

You take care as well. Its hard worrying for our beloveds.

Prairie Purrs
11-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Sounds like Joey is in good hands--I'm sure they'll figure out what's wrong quickly and that your pretty girl will be feeling better in no time.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-30-2003, 01:57 AM
Poor little Joey. I hope the vets can figure out what she needs and get her better really soon!

Bryan, you are such a good CatDat! I have tears in my eyes reading your posts. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! (((HUGS)))

lynnestankard
11-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Bryan {{{Hugs}}} to a really good cat Dad.
Thanks for the updates on Joey - she's in the best place and it sounds like their doing everything they can for her - poor baby girl - sounds like she's had it rough.
Oh wouldn't it be easier if they could talk to us?!!:eek:
Must admit I had a little weep when I read the first report but -onwards and upwards now!!
Lots of nose kissies to Bob - bet he's wondering where his 'sis' has gone - so he'll be needing lots of Daddy cuddles.

Bagel, Ketchum and Dan join me in holding dear Joey in our thoughts - Lynne

smokey the elder
11-30-2003, 07:41 AM
Poor kitty. I hope she feels better soon. You're a great cat dad.

anna_66
11-30-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this. I do hope that Joey is going to be alright. It sounds like you have a wonderful vet who is willing to do whatever needs to be done.
Glad that Bob is letting you cuddle (if he wants to or not;) ) I'm sure it makes you feel somewhat better.
Please let us know when you hear something. Until then we'll be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna, Angus, Roxey & Huney

bluekat
11-30-2003, 10:11 AM
Oh Bryan I'm so sorry to hear that:(:(:( {{{hugs}}}
You're a wonderful cat daddy, its obvious you love Joey very much.:)
Don't worry, she'll get better soon, we're all praying for her!:)
I would feel like staying with her all day too if I was you. Like Craftlady said,call and check up on her as many times as you want.

Keep us updated!
I'll be praying:)

sirrahbed
11-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Bryan - I have been offline with puter woes for a few days and just now hearing about Joey!! I am sorry you are having troubles with her - you are a great catdad - that is obvious but we always feel horrible hen one of our kids is not well - like it is something we did or did not do! Please keep the updates coming OK? Bob can enjoy some extra attention in the meantime. I know the waiting and not knowing is the worst. Hang in there!!! You are a GREAT cat dad. We all know that here! Blessings to you and hugs and very gentle belly rubs to Joey!! Poor little girl:(
Take care of YOU too!:)

kimlovescats
11-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh Bryan, I am just now reading this as well. I have prayed for sweet Joey just now, and will continue to do so. Bless your heart, you are a WONDERFUL CatDad, and it is nothing that is your fault! Please know that! We all love our babies so much, and the first thing we do is second guess ourselves, and try to find blame. Sometimes, these things just happen! :(
Please know that we love and care about you and Joey, and are here for you as often as you need.

I'm hoping to hear some good news about Joey soon!

HUGS TO YOU!!!

Kim

trayi52
11-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Sorry Bryan, just checking to see how Joey is doing. I hope she gets better soon. Good thoughts to you and Joey.

Tray

jenfer
11-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Bryan: Hope everything will be alright and she will get better soon. I know you must be worried sick, but take care of yourself too. Joey need a strong daddy!