PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cameras

Dobiegirl24
11-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I will hopefully be getting a digital camera for Christmas, but I'm not sure what kind/brand to ask for. Anyone have any tips on what to look for or what brand is best? Thanks in advance:D

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Well, I have a Canon PowerShot A60 and they've recently come out with an A70. I haven't heard or saw any complaints about either camera and I just love mine.

binka_nugget
11-28-2003, 07:56 PM
I have the same one as Kay. The A80 came out recently also. I love the a60... I can't think of one flaw.:p

popcornbird
11-28-2003, 08:06 PM
We have a Sony Cybershot...............its an awesome camera, and known to be one of the best brands. They have so many better Sony's than our's now, because we got our's about two years ago.....but its an excellent camera, takes great pictures, is VERY easy to use and upload onto the computer (takes seconds), doesn't require a disk, and all the reviews I've read about it are excellent. Our camera takes 60 second videos too (longer in lower quality). I believe Canon and Olympus are great brands too.

primabella
11-28-2003, 08:10 PM
We have an Olympus Stylus and it takes great pictures and silent 15 second films. I love my camera. :D

EDIT: Darnit, I keep mixing them up. :o My camera is an Olympus Camedia, not Stylus.

jenfer
11-28-2003, 09:19 PM
I have an Olympus Camedia. It's big, but I like it. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I have a Canon Powershot A70. I love it. :) I've had Sony, Olympus, and Fuji and I think Canons are by far, the better quality.

CatDad
11-28-2003, 10:40 PM
I have an older Olympus Camedia and I really like it.

I would condsider another one when I go to get a new camera. The others mentioned are very good also. A lot of it depends on what you want to spend and what you want it to do.

Here is a link of a digital camera review site that I used alot when I was searching for mine:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

If you want I can find some of the others just send me a PM. The one I included was pretty good.

RubyMutt
11-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
We have a Sony Cybershot...............its an awesome camera, and known to be one of the best brands. They have so many better Sony's than our's now, because we got our's about two years ago.....but its an excellent camera, takes great pictures, is VERY easy to use and upload onto the computer (takes seconds), doesn't require a disk, and all the reviews I've read about it are excellent. Our camera takes 60 second videos too (longer in lower quality). I believe Canon and Olympus are great brands too.

I have a Sony Cybershot (DSC-P51) as well. I LOVE it. Just like PCB said, it's easy to use, easy uploading, good quality photos, etc. I think it is pretty affordable as well (it was a gift so I don't know the exact price of it).

popcornbird
11-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I have a Sony Cybershot (DSC-P51) as well. I LOVE it. Just like PCB said, it's easy to use, easy uploading, good quality photos, etc. I think it is pretty affordable as well (it was a gift so I don't know the exact price of it).

We got our's for over $200 on sale 2 years ago. It has to be cheaper now. My friend recently got a newer Sony Cybershot that's 4 megapixels. Its AWESOME. Not sure what price she got it for but it was much more expensive than our's.

tomkatzid
11-29-2003, 03:06 AM
I may order the Canon Power Shot G5, they offer $150 rebate right now. My friend has the Canon EOS 1, but it's like $2000.
anyone have the G5? It takes 3 minute movies, which is what I NEED :D :D
Katz

wolf_Q
11-29-2003, 04:16 AM
I have a Kodak EasyShare DX4330. It takes short video clips with sound.

Former User
11-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Dobiegirl24, did you decide already what you want? :)

We have Sony, but it's like 5 years old already, takes great pics though. But, just few hours ago, we ordered Canon Powershot A80. Can't wait to get it! :)

Dobiegirl24
11-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the help everyone! :D So far, from what everyone has said and what I've read, I think I like the Canon Powershot A80 the most