PDA

View Full Version : Please send some positive thoughts for Lilys mommy

Kirsten
11-28-2003, 01:43 PM
As mentioned in the other topic, Lily's brother Baghira has been neutered today and their mommy, Miss Marple, was spayed. They live with friends of mine.

I've been there this afternoon, and the cats were fine, of course weak and dizzy, and they were in pain, especially Miss Marple. She growled and hissed as soon as she tried to walk.

In the evening, my friend opened the front door to let the dogs in the garden - and what no one has expected happened: Miss Marple, suddenly fast as a lightning, opened the door that was left ajar, and ran outside. I tried to stop her but she was too fast. :( She ran alway from my friend, something she usually never does, but the poor girl was confused and in pain, and not fully out of anesthesia. We tried to catch her, but she eventually disappeared in one of neighbors's garden.

My friend called the vet to ask how long the drugs of the anesthesia remain in her system, and he said she wouldn't be fully recovered from that till late at night. And - of course - she also has the incision from the surgery. Needless to say, there are many many dangers out there for a cat in that state.

She is an outdoor cat and knows her environment very well, and I hope she'smart enough to hide in a safe place until she feels better and then comes back home for breakfast.

But maybe some positive thoughts from us will help her in this situation.

Thanks,
Kirsten

Barbara
11-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Oh Kirsten, I hope so much Miss Marple will find a safe place where she can sleep off the rest of her anesthesia.

She must know some places outside where she feels safe.

Fingers and paws around here crossed that she will be back tomorrow in the morning.

Kirsten
11-28-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks!

My friends have promised to call me when she's back home - but so far there was no call... :(

Kirsten

aly
11-28-2003, 02:04 PM
If she's an outdoor cat, I'm sure she'll be just fine. She probably found a quiet place to take a nap in.

Kirsten
11-28-2003, 02:05 PM
She probably found a quiet place to take a nap in.

I hope so, and hopefully it won't be too cold tonight since her blood pressure is still low.

Kirsten

Randi
11-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Amazing how fast cats can be when they see a door to the outside ajar - even if sedated. :eek: I hope she'll find a safe place to rest! How about putting a warm blanket out for her? She will hopefully come to the door when she gets hungry. Poor little girl. :(

aly
11-28-2003, 05:57 PM
I didn't realize it was cold there :( I'm used to Texas weather - its still pretty warm here!

Hopefully she will show up soon!!!!

Steffi N
11-28-2003, 05:58 PM
I hope Miss Marple has found a safe and famililar place and will come home after the anesthesia wears off.

CatDad
11-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Sending Prayers for Miss Marple that she will be safe.

I agree that since she is an outdoor cat she will just settle into a safe spot.

Let us know what happens.

Felicia's Mom
11-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Sending prayers for Miss Marple's safe recovery.

Kirsten
11-29-2003, 06:16 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

I just got a call from my friends and she's back home! YAY!!!

It was 11 am in the morning when she finally showed up, and she wanted her breakfast! I'm so happy she's alright! :)

Kirsten

Steffi N
11-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Thank you Kirsten for sharing this happy news. We're glad you're home, Miss Marple.

Barbara
11-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Yay Miss Marple:D
We're so happy that you are back again:)

Good that you know the place where you get breakfast;)

catmandu
11-29-2003, 09:34 AM
We are glad that miss Marple is not as dumb as Moose the Magnificent , who took 8 weeks to find his way home! Big Dummy!

lynnestankard
11-29-2003, 09:45 AM
So pleased Miss Marple came home safely Kirsten - as I bet your friend is!!

Sometimes I think cat's just want to be on their own and sleep themselves better. She obviously did that and came home with a big appetite :D :D Silly girl!!

Lynne

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the update Kirsten -that's great news!!!

11-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Great news!! Kisses to Miss Marple!!

AvaJoy
11-29-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm so happy for you that Miss Marple returned . . . just like Lizette did . . . it is the greatest feeling to be reunited with the kitties we feared may be gone forever!! :D :D

CatDad
11-29-2003, 03:44 PM
That is great news!!!!:D

Give her a hug and a scratch for me. Someone might want to have a talk with about running away.;)

moosmom
11-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Kirsten,

Glad to hear Miss Marple is back home and healthy!! She probably just needed a little R&R outside away from all the hoopla.

Hugs and kitty skritches!

NoahsMommy
11-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Good news! This thread had a very happy ending. :)

Kirsten
11-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Thank you so much everyone! :)

Yesterday, Miss Marple has spent the entire day inside, sleeping. Obviously she was still feeling weak (but that's no surprise after the surgery) and has decided it's more comfortable in a warm bed... :)

Kirsten