PDA

View Full Version : Bonding Updates Inside!

Aspen and Misty
11-27-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm going to keep up-dateing this thread after the bonding attempts so keep looking!

Bonding Attempt 3

Well, I think it wentp pretty well! Julian sniffed Jaxom and they explored a little. Towards the end of the session Julian attempted to bite jax in the face, but I squirted him and he did not like that at all! Again I had them cuddled with me holding there heads. It went well!!

Ash

CathyBogart
11-28-2003, 12:45 AM
GOOD STUFF!! It sounds like things are improving dramatically! Thanks so much for keeping us posted!

Heather Wallace
11-28-2003, 10:49 AM
Keep it up and well done for all of your effort, it will be worth it when you see those 2 buns cuddling up together, a bunny needs a friend.

Aspen and Misty
11-28-2003, 08:23 PM
We bonded tonight and it went GREAT! I went into it thinking they were going to tear each other apart and I was only going to have fluff of Jaxom (glass half empty?). Well anyway! Julian and Jaxom did sooooo good!!!!!!!!

Julian was grooming himself and Jaxom sat behind him takeing in big wiffs of Julian's fur, LOL. Julian and Jaxom walked around and around and explored! They were sooo good! But, sadly, Julian did nip Jaxom in the face 4 times. First and Second werent' to bad. Third Julian bit jax, Jax bit Julian and Julian then pulled fur out of Jaxom. Sibling Rivery? The Forth Time, get this! Julian had streched out, his legs behind him and about to fall asleep when Jaxom came up behind him and was sniffing Julian's back legs. All went well but then Julian got mad and bit Jax so Jax bite Julian twice in the side http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/otn/angry/nono.gif ::bad bunnies!!:: Luckily none of the bites were bad and they were nips, no fighting or anything. I beleave we have a WONDERFUL future in-front of us!!!

We ended after the fourth time. I allowed them to cuddle with me holding there heads and to explore a bit more. They did so well. They didn't really acctually seem to mind each other to much! They sat about a foot from each other and groomed themselves!!!! I am so exited!!

All in all, I am VERY happy about tonights progress!!

Ashley ;D

Heather Wallace
11-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Great Stuff!

Aspen and Misty
11-30-2003, 04:22 PM
We have since then had many many bonding sesions done, I just havn't posted abuot them since no one really seems to care, I will let you know when they are bonded though!

BTW: We had a great session not to long ago Jax asked Julian for Kisses!! Yay! Were on our way!

Ash

Heather Wallace
11-30-2003, 06:46 PM
I care. well done, keep me posted.

Aspen and Misty
11-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
I care. well done, keep me posted.

We had an hour long bonding sesion and they only nipped ONCE!!! Omg! I almost cried! :D

Glad someone cares, and thanx for alway being intrested in me and my buns ::hugs::

Ashley

Dogz
12-01-2003, 05:20 AM
I care too.

I think it will be great when you go to see your buns, and there they are Lil J and Jaxom, cuddling.;)
You are doing a great job Ash, keep us posted!

Heather Wallace
12-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Ash, I could talk about bunnies all day, they are soooo interesting.

Glad that your latest bonding session went well. I am trying to bond Millie with Sam the new foster dog I have at the moment.

Aspen and Misty
12-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Ash, I could talk about bunnies all day, they are soooo interesting.

Glad that your latest bonding session went well. I am trying to bond Millie with Sam the new foster dog I have at the moment.

Me to! LOL. I hope that goes well. How does Sam like the bunnies?? Wait till you see the pics I got last night, they aer sooo cute!!!

Thanx Dogz. Hopefully that day will come.

Ashley

tikeyas_mom
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
You should take pics of the bonding process, to show us lol.

Heather Wallace
12-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Can't wait to see those pics, i will have to get some of Sam and Millie together.

Sam is ok with Millie but I don't trust him 100% right now, I keep him on the lesh.

Aspen and Misty
12-01-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
You should take pics of the bonding process, to show us lol.

I did, my cord is broken at the moment though so you will have to wait!

Aww, we need pictures of your bunnies Heather!

Ashley

Daisylover
12-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Ash,
sorry I haven't been on in a while, work has been hectic and we are also working frantically to keep the rabbit sanctuary open and it seems like I have absolutely no time for myself....even to pay my bills!!!!!

Ok, so I'm really behind...who is Jaxom and what happened to Tyah????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Aspen and Misty
12-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Daisylover

Ok, so I'm really behind...who is Jaxom and what happened to Tyah????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hee hee! Tyah turned Male not to long ago and was nuetered 4 weeks ago. I changed his name From Tyah and Jaxom when he changed sexes :)

Glad your back!

Julian was being mean last night so we didn't bond. He was in a really cranky mood :rolleyes:

Ash

Daisylover
12-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Well, bonding two boys can be tough...did you go to the HRS website and look at the bonding tips? I think there is an article titled "When Bonding Gets Tough". A great solution too is to put them in a big cardboard box and take them for a ride in the car---15-20 minutes. Most bunnies hate car rides and this will force them to rely on each other....you may have to do this sev times a week for sev weeks. Good luck!

Aspen and Misty
12-03-2003, 06:08 PM
uggh!!! If only life was as simple as that!

See, I was a bad mom ;) and socialized Julian to much as a baby bunny, he isn't scared of anything, not even Petco. Car rides are great fun for him and don't scare him at all, so it would be nothing expet scareing Jax to death and takeing Julian for fun. I tried the dryer attempt with some shoes in it. All it did was scare Jax and make Julian aggitated.

Ashley