View Full Version : Invasion of the Bodysnatchers

lizbud
11-27-2003, 11:50 AM
I frequently read the Health sections of most news stories/sites
but yesterday I read this article that absolutely creeped me out.

Please wait till after you've eaten to read this. It's interesting,
but the creepiest thing I've ever read. YUCK.....:eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3236294.stm

popcornbird
11-27-2003, 12:03 PM
I feel like I'm about to vomit. :o :o :o YUCK!

Tonya
11-27-2003, 12:16 PM
OMG! I hate you for sharing that right before my Thanksgiving meal. lol. That's gross!

lizbud
11-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Tonya, I told you to wait till after you ate. LOL.:p Now don't
you feel smarter for having gathered this bit of knowledge?
Creeped out maybe, but smarter. :D

zippy-kat
11-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.... but thanks, Liz! My sister's been having nose bleeds (sinuses) but I'm sending her this in an email, "OMG! Alyssa... you don't think your nose bleeds could be caused from this, do you?" :eek: :D Muwhahaha...

It also reminds me of a story told by my HS Anatomy/Biology teacher. At one time, he worked at a hospital in Mexico.... they had one person come in who was completely infested with these critters. According to Mr. Professor, you could hold a piece of raw meat in front of this guy's body cavaties & the worms would flock to it.

Kiia
11-27-2003, 02:44 PM
O M G - GROOO:eek::eek:OOSSS!

Now I've got the "itchies", the same when I saw the thread with the spider that was found in the bunch of grapes...ewww....

lynnestankard
11-27-2003, 04:34 PM
I actually watched the programme last night lizbud - it was so engrossing - but totally disgusting! I couldn't turn the tv off either :eek: :eek: Talk about rivetting viewing - I just couldn't finish eating my peanuts!
The guy who ate the worm cyst - voulantarily - was hysterical - especially when they told him just how long this tape worm could grow to!!
By the time it finished I couldn't stop itching and scratching!!

Lynne

lizbud
11-27-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.... but thanks, Liz! My sister's been having nose bleeds (sinuses) but I'm sending her this in an email, "OMG! Alyssa... you don't think your nose bleeds could be caused from this, do you?" :eek: :D Muwhahaha...

It also reminds me of a story told by my HS Anatomy/Biology teacher. At one time, he worked at a hospital in Mexico.... they had one person come in who was completely infested with these critters. According to Mr. Professor, you could hold a piece of raw meat in front of this guy's body cavaties & the worms would flock to it.

I hope it would just make your sister laugh & not freak out.:D

I honestly never heard of anything like this before.:eek: It made
the hair stand up on my arms. I just had to stand up & brush
off my clothes. Ewwwwww. Yuck.:eek: You would think the guy
could have felt something inside his nose or head wouldn't you?
Never mind. Just YUCK. :eek: :eek:

lizbud
11-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I actually watched the programme last night lizbud - it was so engrossing - but totally disgusting! I couldn't turn the tv off either :eek: :eek: Talk about rivetting viewing - I just couldn't finish eating my peanuts!
The guy who ate the worm cyst - voulantarily - was hysterical - especially when they told him just how long this tape worm could grow to!!
By the time it finished I couldn't stop itching and scratching!!

Lynne

Lynne, At least this man had a choice & knew in advance.
Still, it's the creepest thing I've read all week. I was hoping
by telling about it maybe I could just get rid of the thought
of the whole thing. I probably would have passed out if I had
seen it in person.:D

G.P.girl
11-27-2003, 07:16 PM
ew-ew-ew-ew-ew yuck....bleee..i don't even know what to say...those pics are gross where he's pulling the larvea out of her head...ewww thats so gross and it made my head itch! eeeeewww.yucky!