PDA

View Full Version : introducing Walter

zookeeper
11-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi I am fairly new here, been lurking for awhile. My husband and I just adopted a basset hound/beagle mix from Animal Services. He is 6 months old, and an absolute sweetheart.

We have 2 cats that are extremely pieved right now and will nto come out of the basement, I am hoping they warm up to Walter soon. Our cats names are Campino and Smurf. We also have a rabbit Katie but we have not introduced Walter to her. Katie has her own room where she is undisturbed by the cats and now Walter.

Poor pup had been at Animal services since the middle of October, but is very well behaved. He has not made any move to go potty in the house yet. We are crate training Walter and he was in it last night and did very well, no crying or messes.

We had to give him a bath last night as he was horribly smelly, had that pound smell about him. He smells much better now and has a new collar with a shiny new license. He did very well though and only tried to escape a couple of times.

When my husband and I were first looking at getting a puppy we had thought we were going to get a purebred beagle from a breeeder, but after thinking on it for awhile we decided to save a life and found the perfect pup in Walter. All of our animals have been rescues so we are very happy we decided to nix the breeder.

I am hoping that we will be able to get Walter into obedience training right away, he seems like a very smart dog.

Well, thanks for letting me brag a bit, and I am hoping to come on PetTalk more often to tell you of his excapades, this seems like a great community.:D

Tonya
11-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Hello. Welcome to PetTalk. I can't wait to see pictures!

dukedogsmom
11-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Welcome to PT! We will need to see pics as soon as you can get them. Homeless dogs make the best friends! Congrats on not going to a breeder. Hope Walter will be very happy in his new forever home.

amoore
11-27-2003, 04:48 PM
It sounds like Walter has found a very loving home . So happy you picked him to love . :)

micki76
11-27-2003, 04:49 PM
I can’t wait to hear Walter stories and see some pics of your fur family. :D

Congrats on your new addition!

clara4457
11-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Welcome to Pet talk and congrats on your new furkid!!!:D Sounds you got an absolute winner. I'll bet Walter is just loving his new forever home. Post often - especially if you have pictures. :)

RobiLee
11-28-2003, 04:52 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! I'm so happy for Walter and you. Would love to see some pics of your furkids.

Robin :)

Rachel
11-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Congratulations on finding yourself a pound puppy. Those of us who have a second chance dog, know just how well you will be repaid with love and gratitude for your decision. Hopefully the kitties will learn to cohabitate with Walter and a truce will be arranged soon.

Trevor and Andy, Pam's kitties, may need to give them a bit of advice on how to adjust to life with the dog. (Please don't let them see Pet Talk, or they will discover that one dog often leads to two.)

I don't get to post too much here at PT, but I did want to welcome you and encourage you to share your experiences and any NAWTEEDAWG stories as they occur. heehee