PDA

View Full Version : My cat is sick, please help!!!!

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Please help!!! My cat is very sick. I don't know what to do. I took her to the vet, but they said they didn't know what was wrong with her. If anyone could give me some advice, I'd REALLY appriciate it.

Krystal12345

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-27-2003, 11:08 AM
What's wrong? Vomiting? What? You aren't telling us anything.

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Sorry. I forgot. No, she isn't vomiting. But she won't eat. And she won't drink.

Krystal12345

Moose
11-27-2003, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. But just calm down, it will be okay. Maybe you should try taking her to a different vet. If a vet can't diagnose what's wrong, that's a little odd and I wouldn't trust them. Just my opinion....

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 11:13 AM
This vet is VERY good. I take my other pets there. And he is great. But he said that he had never seen anything like this before.

Krystal12345

gini
11-27-2003, 11:13 AM
You need to tell us more. Did you leave her at the vets? A good vet will run blood tests or other tests depending on the symptoms.

Without knowing what is wrong, I would suggest that you keep her as calm as you can and stress free and wait until the vet can determine the illness and give you the correct advice.

Moose
11-27-2003, 11:14 AM
That's a little odd....I mean, I know your cat probably isn't the only one that has stopped eating or drinking for some reason or another. :confused: :confused:

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 11:20 AM
I did leave her at the vet. I did this morning.
I did not get any calls yet. I will keep her as calm as I can when I go pick her up tonight. I hope she doesn't die.

Krystal12345

Moose
11-27-2003, 01:06 PM
No offense but.....I highly doubt your cat will die, you need to just calm down. Like I said, your cat is not the only one to stop eating for a day or two. I still think the whole deal with the vet is a little strange.....but hey, it's your cat. :confused::rolleyes:

wolfsoul
11-27-2003, 03:44 PM
If she won't eat or drink, try giving her some water with a dropper. You can also blend her food into a liquid and give it to her with a dropper too. I hope she feels better soon. :) What is your vet doing with her? Has he taken any tests? :confused:

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 03:54 PM
I don't know what the doctor's doing. I'm going to pick her up right now. I hope she's ok. Thank you for your help, everyone!!!!!

Krystal12345

auggie
11-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Krystal,
I’ve been thru this with my cat. Unfortunately vets don’t always know what the problem is, especially if the blood test is normal. In my cat’s case an anti-nausea shot and some medication finally made her eat and drink again. Hopefully your cat just has an upset stomach. Keep us updated.

moosmom
11-27-2003, 05:59 PM
If your cat isn't eating or drinking anything, she could become dehydrated. If it were MY cat, I'd ask the vet exactly what is being done to find out what's wrong. If you're not satisfied, or feel he isn't doing enough, get a second opinion.

tatsxxx11
11-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh Krystal. I'm so sorry to hear that your kitty's not feeling well:( We all understand how scary it is when our furry ones get sick and we don't know why. Hopefully the vet will be able to tell you something more specific tonight. Were you able to pick her up and bring her home? Hopefully it's nothing serious; perhaps just an upset stomach. What does your Mom say? Keeping our fingers and paws crossed that your kitty is feeling better very soon:) What's her name?

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Yup. I picked her up. And you know what? She was pregnant!!!!!! I can't belive it!!! I'm so excited!!! She didn't look fat at all. Her babies were all very tiny, so the doctors couldn't really see them. I don't know why she wouldn't eat or drink. I just got her about a month ago. She could have gotten pregnant before I got her, because I only have one cat. I can't wait! The doctor sees about 6 healthy kittens in her stomach. I hope the birth will go smoothly. Her name is Stardust, because she has a perfectly shaped star on her forehead. And she is a very pretty cat. I'm not worried anymore. The only thing I'm worried about is if she is OK during the birth. My mother's friend had a cat, and it had babies, and one of them was Stardust. I was there at Stardust's birth. Thanks, guys. Thank's for your help. Bye!

Krystal12345

Amber
11-27-2003, 07:29 PM
You should of gotton your cat spayed in the first place...:(

Kfamr
11-27-2003, 07:37 PM
How old is she?

wolfsoul
11-27-2003, 07:53 PM
Is she an outside cat? I really hope you spay her after the kittens are born. Her odds of cancer are now great. :(

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Sorry, guys, but I actually wasn't there at her birth. I was thinking of the dog I had when I was three years old. But she died. And you don't have to worry about the kittens not having homes. My mom's friend is a cat person, and she is going to buy all the kittens. I didn't know that she was pregnant when I got her. So don't blame the pregnancy on me. Stardust is more of an inside cat. She hates being outside. The vet said that she might have her babies in about three weeks! If she has her babies on Christmas, we will all have another Christmas present. I know that Stardust will be a great mother. This has never happened to one of my pets before. And I hope it will go smoothly. Bye, everyone!!!!!

Krystal12345

Kfamr
11-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Right. :rolleyes:

As I asked, how old is she?

Kfamr
11-27-2003, 09:03 PM
And, if it's true she's pregnant, you should start trying to find (good)homes for the kittens.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Krystal12345
She was pregnant!!!!!! I can't belive it!!! I'm so excited!!!

You shouldn't be excited. :( Your cat should be spayed in the first place. Poor kitty. :(

Just more cats being brought into the world....

Amber
11-27-2003, 09:13 PM
now we got more cats to add to the animal shelter :( :'(

Krystal12345
11-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey! I said that my mom's friend is buying all of the kittens. That is a good home for them. She knows all about cats. Oh. You don't want more cats in the world. I guess you don't like them. LIKE I SAID, WHEN I BOUGHT HER, SHE WAS PREGNANT!!!! It's not my fault. Do you want me to kill my cat or something, so the kittens don't have to go to animal shelters? To tell you the truth, I don't know how old she is. lol! (Oh, wait, I shouldn't be happy, forget the lol.) If you guys hate me, I don't care. I already have a family who hates me.

Krystal12345

Kfamr
11-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Wow.... all of your posts just seem a bit........off.

Amber
11-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey! I said that my mom's friend is buying all of the kittens. That is a good home for them. She knows all about cats. Oh. You don't want more cats in the world. I guess you don't like them. LIKE I SAID, WHEN I BOUGHT HER, SHE WAS PREGNANT!!!! It's not my fault. Do you want me to kill my cat or something, so the kittens don't have to go to animal shelters? To tell you the truth, I don't know how old she is. lol! (Oh, wait, I shouldn't be happy, forget the lol.) If you guys hate me, I don't care. I already have a family who hates me.

Krystal12345

We never said we hated you.. People here at PT are really stronge believers in spay & neuter your pet. Dont you know that Everyday MILLIONs of cats and dogs are being euthinized because their isnt any homes for them? Thats great that the kittens will atleast have a home. And I for one adore kittens I think they are the sweetest things but they do grow up into a cat. Please Please Please get your cat spayed. Because if you do she will become so much more healthier, but she may now have the risk of Cancer because she inst spayed.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-27-2003, 11:14 PM

:rolleyes:

Oh yes, I hate cats. That's why I have two of them. :rolleyes: Of course I don't want you to kill your cat, just GET HER SPAYED!! Geez. You don't know how old she is? So, she could be a kitten herself, and having babies of her own? :( Get your cat spayed after the kittens are weaned, it's the RESPONSIBLE thing to do.

Amber
11-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah I too have a cat and I just hate her soo much! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gini
11-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Hmmm, you took her to the vets this morning - THANKSGIVING DAY. (a holiday for everyone, I believe).

You took her in because she wasn't eating or drinking as I recall.

You brought her home today - still THANKSGIVING DAY...........
and she is pregnant.

And your Mom's friend is "buying" all of the kittens.

Well, you have had a very busy Thanksgiving Day.

You skipped the part about telling us what the vet recommended for her not eating or drinking.

And you "bought" a pregnant cat.

One plus one usually equals two.................................

I hope you will have her spayed.

wolfsoul
11-28-2003, 12:07 AM
It sounds as if you got Stardust when she was a kitten...It sounds as if that wasn't too long ago. I don't know the gestation period of a cat, but I know it isn't that long. When did you get her?

trayi52
11-28-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi Krystal,

I am glad to hear that Stardust is going to be okay. I bought a cat about 18 years ago, (paid 10 dollars for her)I think she was part Simease, she had the beautiful blue eyes anyway, not the black marking, anyway the reason I bought her was because the lady that had her was moving back to New Zealand and I wanted her so bad.

Well when I got her home, I realized she was very pregnant, she was huge with kittens. I loved her anyway, and she done okay having the kittens. I did have her spayed after she was done raising her kittens and I found good homes for them. It is better that you have her spayed so you don't have to keep going through this pregnancy thing with her, and she will become closer to you too.

I lost her last year to some sort of heart disease. I still miss her, but I have Grover now, that is her in my signature. I had her spayed a couple months ago, and I am really happy I done that. Of course I am glad that the mother of Grover was not spayed before I got her, or I would not have her now. LOL.

I know you are happy about the new kittens, I love kittens, they are so much fun to watch. However you will be happier when you get your sweet little Stardust spayed, when they come in heat, they become different cats, you would think they were dying, the way they scream and cry. I was quite relieved to get Grover spayed, because I didn't want to have to go through all the stuff that comes along with it.

Nobody hates you, okay? I know you are just excited about the kittens, and nobody here wants to make you feel bad.:)

By the way welcome to Pet Talk. I want to see pictures of your Stardust. I am sure we all want to see the pictures too. Okay?
:)

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!! I didn't get to go to grannys house, because I'm the granny in the family so everybody was at my house. Whew!! I am beat. Sometimes its hard being a granny. I love it anyway!!!:D :D

micki76
11-28-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
It sounds as if you got Stardust when she was a kitten...It sounds as if that wasn't too long ago. I don't know the gestation period of a cat, but I know it isn't that long. When did you get her?

I think it's approximately 60 days.

trayi52
11-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Micki, I think your right. Their gestation is about the same as a dog isn't it?

wolfsoul
11-28-2003, 12:36 AM
It must be; a dog is about 60-64 days. :)

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 07:38 AM
Ok, guys. I promise I will get her spayed. I PROMISE. I can't get any pictures up, my computer doesn't have a scanner. But, I will tell you what she looks like. She is a pretty Calico with a perfectly shaped star on her forehead. Not trying to brag or change the subject, but my parakeet will say "Star! Star!" if he sees my cat. LOL. Ok, back to the cat, I will get her spayed. And if you're wondering, the vets office where I live is open on holidays. I don't know why, but I guess it's good. Bye everyone! Please don't be mad at me, I know this lady is going to take good care of the kittens. And I WILL get my cat spayed after she has the kittens.

Krystal12345

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 08:10 AM
As I said, all of your posts seem a little off, and as Gini said.. one plus one USUALLY equals two.... but it's not here.

Cataholic
11-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Hmmmm......the 12345 just makes me think of Jessica.....AND, her first post was nearly cryptic, then the later posts...very well written. AND, I just don't understand how a kitten that is mainly inside, gets pregnant...and why a pregnant kitten would stop eating and drinking....and...oh, forget it. We won't ever know anyhow.

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 09:22 AM
What about the 12345? I didn't copy anyone. And stop not beliving me! The person I bought my cat from had alot of cats. She might have gotten pregnant there. AND, my cat isn't a kitten. Weren't you guys reading my posts? And, what do you mean my posts are off? I don't get it. Well, there's no stoping me now. I'm going to sell my cat. Then, I won't have to worry about you saying that she's not pregnant! I'm sick of it. I'm serious. I will sell my cat if you guys don't stop this. I wanted you guys to give me some tips for a pregnant cat. But some of you guys are too busy complaining about my cat being pregnant. It's not my fault!!!!!! Thank you all the people who were actually NICE to me.

Krystal12345 (and I didn't copy anyone.)

CamCamPup33
11-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Um.. First, You dont need to get so defensive, spaying and nutering your cats or dogs is a big thing here on pettalk, so dont expect to come here and tell us your cat is pregnant and then expect us to be overly excited about it.. Second, Why would someone sell their cat just because a message board, (full of people you dont even know might i add), say that they are irresponsible for not spaying their cat, odd.. I for one wouldn't say "Well, because Pettalk thinks i should get rid of cami or cali, im just going to go ahead and sell her!" Umm Strange? Third, Your posts were 'off' because you said almost completely different things in all of them, they werent all the same, and most of them didnt make sense.. IMO

Catnip- I didnt even notice that! Now that you say it..........

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Ok. I'm sorry guys. I won't sell my cat. Can we just forget about this thread? I'm not trying to be defensive. You know what? I know spaying is a big thing here at Pet Talk, so after she has her kittens, I will get her spayed. But, I was excited because, you know how baby animals are, I love them. What I'm trying to say is... I wish you guys would just be a little nicer. That's all I ask. So you don't have to get mad by reading this. Go ahead. You can add me to your ignore list.

Krystal

CamCamPup33
11-28-2003, 11:08 AM
But why did you say you would sell your cat? Do you really not love her as much as you say? Everyone loves baby animals! ;) We just think if you get your cat spayed, there wont be much of a risk for her to develop serious problems.. Thats what we are trying to tell you.. And yes, i too would be excited at the same time, but remeber millions and millions of cats are born daily and there arent enough homes for all of them, or there isnt enough room for them in the shelter, so they have to be put down.. Or if the kitten becomes a cat, noone wants big cats, they all look for little babies! You know the cuteness of a baby kitten is priceless!

;)

trayi52
11-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Morning sickness?:D

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 11:29 AM
I know what you're trying to say. But I will get her spayed. Don't worry, the person that we are going to sell the kittens to is very nice. She has three other cats at her house, and they are nice. They will be nice to the kittens. Oh, and, I love my cat VERY much, by the way. Bye, everybody.

Krystal12345

wolfsoul
11-28-2003, 11:47 AM
I agree about the Jessica thing. It is suspicious. I didn't believe it was her at first, because I didn't believe that Jessica would make her username so conspicous. But than maybe that's what she'd want us to think. After that thread she just made about Karen emailing her and asking who she was...I don't think Karen would email someone that question unless she truly believed something was up.

Karen
11-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Do NOT, I repeat, do not speculate publicly about who might be some old member, please. It never helps the situation, good or bad. PM, email, sure, but don't post it.

Amber
11-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Hmmmm......the 12345 just makes me think of Jessica
-------------------------------------------------------------

me too Cataholic. But, Im glad you will be getting her spayed.

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 11:58 AM
I PROMISE. I did not even know about the Jessica thing. I just thought of some random numbers. I PROMISE.

Krystal12345

Amber
11-28-2003, 12:22 PM
okay :)

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 12:27 PM
My post was deleted or something, :rolleyes:

Thanks whomever did it!

Anyways -- The reason your posts are off is because you say one thing after another.

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Oh, ok

Krystal12345

GoldenRetrLuver
11-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Anyways -- The reason your posts are off is because you say one thing after another.

Yep. I agree.

popcornbird
11-28-2003, 12:44 PM
This thread makes me laugh. It just doesn't make any sense!

Nevermind..........

luckies4me
11-28-2003, 12:54 PM
It sounds a little odd that this lady wants to buy all the kittens. What is she going to do with a whole litter of kittens? Sell them to make profit, or worse, breed them to get profit? If you are going to place the kittens you need to make sure they are going to a FANTASTIC home! Make sure that all her other pets are spayed and vaccinated etc. It's up to you to place the kittens in a good home.

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Yes, Luckies4me, all of the lady's cats are spayed and neutered. And that lady is a good person to sell the cats to. She knowa ALL about cats. And plus, the vet says that there are only 6 kittens. But there could be more. Bye

Krystal12345

luckies4me
11-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Yes, Luckies4me, all of the lady's cats are spayed and neutered. And that lady is a good person to sell the cats to. She knowa ALL about cats. And plus, the vet says that there are only 6 kittens. But there could be more. Bye

I find it odd that she is going to take in the whole litter. That is a lot of cats to care for. She would have to spay and neuter each one, plus pay for deworming, flea meds and vaccinations. Are you sure she has the funds to do all of this herself?

Amber
11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
I agree Luckies, that takes ALOT of money to take care of 6 kittens.

luckies4me
11-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Amber
I agree Luckies, that takes ALOT of money to take care of 6 kittens.

6 kittens PLUS the three cats she has already.

Amber
11-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Yeah, alot of money!

Amber
11-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah and if this person is taking in 6 kittens she is going to need more liter boxes, kitten food, more toys, extra food bowels, and vet visits. and is this person sure that all the cats will get along?

gini
11-28-2003, 01:50 PM
I am having problems with this entire thread.

First the cat was not eating or drinking and was rushed on Thanksgiving Day to the vets. We find out she is pregnant. Is that what caused her to stop eating and drinking? We don't know.

We ask what the vet recommended. We don't know.

We ask how old the cat is. We don't know.

Now a friend is going to buy the kittens. The cat was pregnant before she got her.

Is this cat purebred? Who is the father of these kittens that make them so valuable that they would be "SOLD?"

What some of us are saying - is that we just don't believe much of this thread.

Indeed "IF" there are kittens, I can only hope that they will be placed in homes that will give them the love and care they deserve.

AND that her cat is spayed.

Amber
11-28-2003, 02:05 PM
I soo agree with ya gini!

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 02:11 PM
FINE! Don't belive me. I don't care! THE LADY WILL TAKE CARE OF THE CATS. DON'T BLAME ME, BLAME THE LADY. I Don't know WTH you guys are trying to say. I'm going to delete this thread (if I can.) So, don't reply to this anymore. I'm sick of all this.

Krystal12345

luckies4me
11-28-2003, 02:12 PM
You don't have to be so upset, I am just wondering how this lady can afford to care for her three adult cats as well as 6, possibly more kittens.

micki76
11-28-2003, 02:15 PM
THE LADY WILL TAKE CARE OF THE CATS. DON'T BLAME ME, BLAME THE LADY.

:confused: Blame the lady that's going to buy them? :confused:

Amber
11-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Acutally this wouldnt have never happended if you would have just got your cat spayed when you got her

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 02:19 PM
All of the controversy wouldn't have happened if you kept your story straight and truthful.

How old are you?

micki76
11-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Acutally this wouldnt have never happended if you would have just got your cat spayed when you got her

Ya know regardless of whether anyone thinks this is someone else or whatever, there's really no need to be this rude.

She's stated that the cat was probably already pregnant when she got her. I think she's said that she will spay the cat after the kittens are born.

Why don't you all stop beating a dead horse?

Let's try to play as nicely as we can.

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by micki76

BUT... MOOOOOMMMMMMMY! :p

micki76
11-28-2003, 02:26 PM

Watch it, missy! No back talk or you'll be sent to bed with no supper! :p :D

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Watch it, missy! No back talk or you'll be sent to bed with no supper! :p :D

Oh send me to bed, please, please, please!:p

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Thank you miki76!!!

Krystal12345

CamCamPup33
11-28-2003, 02:28 PM

YEAH! BUTTTT....!

micki76
11-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Oh send me to bed, please, please, please!:p

lol I know, I got 3 hours last night. :mad:

Amber
11-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Ya know regardless of whether anyone thinks this is someone else or whatever, there's really no need to be this rude.

She's stated that the cat was probably already pregnant when she got her. I think she's said that she will spay the cat after the kittens are born.

Why don't you all stop beating a dead horse?

OoooKay!!! Im done with this. I dont want to make this thread a huge argument because I dont wanna be banned from my beloved PT! :p So everything has been said and done! As long as the cat will be spayed, like she said im happy. :)

And I didnt know she bought the cat pregnant, Sorry!

micki76
11-28-2003, 02:38 PM
OoooKay!!! Im done with this. I dont want to make this thread a huge argument because I dont wanna be banned from my beloved PT! :p So everything has been said and done! As long as the cat will be spayed, like she said im happy. :)

And I didnt know she bought the cat pregnant, Sorry!

:) Yeah, I hate it when we let others make us fight, and get angry. :)

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 02:40 PM
lol I know, I got 3 hours last night. :mad:

I kept tossing in turning, in the little spot i did have on my bed. Because SOMEONE was taking up my bed. Well, two someones.... wonder who? :rolleyes:

micki76
11-28-2003, 02:44 PM
I kept tossing in turning, in the little spot i did have on my bed. Because SOMEONE was taking up my bed. Well, two someones.... wonder who? :rolleyes:

My husband's out of town, so all three were like velcro on me last night. I think I got to roll over twice. :rolleyes: I thought I'd sleep better without him here. WRONG!

Krystal12345
11-28-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, Amber. I didn't know you didn't know that she was already pregnant. Guys, can we just start over, and pretend this argument never happened? I hope so.

By the way...... one night, I only got 2 hours of sleep!

For that person who wants to know how old I am, I'm 15.

Krystal12345

Kfamr
11-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Guys, can we just start over, and pretend this argument never happened? I hope so.

Sorry, I can't do that. Animals are involved, I can't pretend like nothing happened. IF the things you said are truthful.

Randi
11-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Krystal12345! If you want to delete your own thread, you go to the start of it, click on "edit" and in the top you can choose to delete it. :)

gini
11-28-2003, 03:30 PM
And a magnificent voice of reason comes in quietly and calmly from Denmark and offers us all the perfect solution.:)

Moose
11-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Okay.....after reading through this entire thread and the majority of posts made by Krystal, I feel sick......and suspicious. There are two ways I could look at this whole thing:

1-->
I feel absolutely awful that your poor cat has to go through this, and completely disgusted that you are so excited about this pregnancy. You need to work this thing out and get your head together, for the sake of your cat and her kittens.

or.......

2-->
I have no doubt in my mind that this is all some made up story, and that disgusts me just as much. I have no time for liars, nor do I care to feel bad about some "imaginary" cat.

So pick one or the other.....either way, this whole thread makes me sick. :rolleyes: :confused:

PayItForward
11-28-2003, 04:14 PM
I am not concerned about the cat, I doubt it exists. The story has lorry size holes in it.

But I offer the following suggestion to Krystal12345. Come clean about your 'cat' and stick around. There are plenty of people here who can teach you about how to look after a cat etc. If you own a pet or not, you can still post and be a PT member.

For those PT members who are upset, a reminder.... everyone has an ignore button to use as they see fit...there are enough great people to talk on this site, don't get upset over one person. :D

trayi52
11-28-2003, 04:19 PM
I don't understand any of this at all, :confused: I just noticed it says that krystal12345 is banned, what does that mean? I am just totally confused. Was there a cat? :confused:

Karen
11-28-2003, 04:36 PM
"Krystal12345" was banned, she is not old enough to legally belong to Pet Talk. I am now going to close this thread. Questions? PM me.