PDA

View Full Version : Dog Show--today at noon

lovemyshiba
11-27-2003, 10:24 AM
On NBC, right after the Macy's parade, the Purina National Dog Show will be aired--be sure to watch it!!!!
We will be!!!!!!

Cooking turkey, watching a dog show, and getting out the Christmas decorations--what a day!!!!!

Amber
11-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Thankyou for the notice!!! Im watching the parade too ;) glad there will be a dog show on! :)

Moose
11-27-2003, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! I can't wait to see the Labby. lol :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Yep! I'm going to see it! :D I always tease Daisy whenever I see the Golden come on. I say, "Daisy, that can be you out there!" She gives me a look like "Umm..no. Keep dreaming." ;)

Amber
11-27-2003, 11:35 AM
im watching it rught now!! they are showing the hound group-

GoldenRetrLuver
11-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Amber
im watching it rught now!! they are showing the hound group-

Take a picture of the Golden and Colle for me! :p

Amber
11-27-2003, 12:25 PM
Herer is a pic of the golden!!!
I took the pic on t.v. it turned out fairly good!

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-27-2003, 12:55 PM
I thought it wasn't on till noon???? How come your already watching it??? I'm still watching the Macy Parade

GoldenRetrLuver
11-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by *FlatCoatsRule*
I thought it wasn't on till noon???? How come your already watching it??? I'm still watching the Macy Parade

Different time zones. ;)

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-27-2003, 01:22 PM
oooooohhhhhhh, thanks, Happy Thanksgiving!

lovemyshiba
11-27-2003, 01:28 PM
I won't spoil it for those of you still watching, but the winner is gorgeous!!!

I loved the Shiba--Kito does that same thing all the time where he tilts his head and shakes--so funny to see another one do it!!!

primabella
11-27-2003, 04:03 PM
I wanted to see it but I was in school :(

joycenalex
11-27-2003, 08:29 PM
according to a press release, nbc will be airing the show for more years. i enjoyed it last year, and made it a point to have dinner for my friends today AFTER the dog show;) , since they are pug people, they were watching too:p. i loved the bearded collie, amstaff, and the bull terrier. the golden looked a bit anxious to me, maybe the crowd noise? anyway it was fun, and we'll have a late dinner next year too.

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-27-2003, 08:35 PM
I liked the duck tolling retriever and the amstaff, and nice looking standard poodle! I didn't like the boxer's face, i did like his conformation though, (my grandma has two) Your right, the winner was gorgeous! The bulldog was funny! and I LOVE the bloodhound! He's sooo cute. the lab looked anxious too, i think. It was a good show, I wish I knew about it before this, Thanks for telling everyone about it! Oh, and I LOVED the Ibizan Hound! Her name was, Bunny I recall because she had a shape of a bunny's head on her back and if you rubbed it she would do a little dance! :D so cute!

Byakko's Mom
11-28-2003, 02:27 AM
I am so bummed.I missed it.I almost never watch tv and didn't know it was on until I read it hear and it is 3:30am now.We had a wonderful peaceful thanksgiving with just my kids human and fur for once.We stayed home.It was fabulous but I wish we had been able to watch the dog show together we would have loved it.It was the best Thanksgiving ever though,for us.I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

RobiLee
11-28-2003, 04:40 AM
Awww.....I missed it! I love dog shows. I never miss the Westminster. If I can't be here I always record it. I've never seen the Purina dog show before. Sorry I missed it :(

Robin :)

Pam
11-28-2003, 06:53 AM
GRRR! I was at that Dog Show on Sunday (day two of the event) and they announced while we were there that Saturday's event would be aired on TV right after the Thanksgiving Parade for those who missed it. For some reason I thought it was to be on ABC and, when I checked the TV Guide I didn't see it listed, I didn't bother to set the VCR to tape it. I never thought to check the other networks. Dummy me! :rolleyes:

cocker_luva
11-28-2003, 09:45 AM
who won the show, i left rite before the sportings came out. I MISSED THE COCKERS!

DogLover9501
11-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I seen that dog show, why didnt they show the rottweiler, the huskies and the st bernard?? I seen them in the line, but they never showed them...?

DogLover9501
11-28-2003, 10:54 AM
The doberman won best in show

Toby's my baby
11-28-2003, 11:45 AM
The Doby was so cute!!! Im glad Raisin won!!

EssTer
11-28-2003, 12:06 PM
I´m sorry, but how they showed this show in TV? Just winners of groups or all rings? each dog?

DogLover9501
11-28-2003, 12:07 PM
they had 7 groups, the 1st place for each group competed in the best in show

lovemyshiba
11-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
I seen that dog show, why didnt they show the rottweiler, the huskies and the st bernard?? I seen them in the line, but they never showed them...?

I did enjoy the show, but it was very poor in quality of the breeds that they showed.
I didn't see the beagles, foxhounds, rotties or a lot of other breeds, and was a bit disappointed.

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-28-2003, 06:25 PM
I know why they didn't do some of the breeds, it was because they didn't have time to do it all on TV. They did some during comercials. I was kind of dissapointed that there wasn't even a flat coat entered! :( :p