PDA

View Full Version : Happy rescue story

Hbrika
08-22-2001, 03:33 PM
I saw a lot of heartbreaking resuce stories on here so I thought I would post one of the other kind.

My wife and I have wanted a puppy for the longest time but waited until we had a house with a decent sized yard.

Once we had it we went to our friend who runs the local lab rescue. She showed us a few that she had and we had a wonderful day playing with a herd of giant grinning clowns and told us about a yellow lab who was suffering from kennel depression at the local pound.

We went there and fell in love. She was 7months old and had a cute short nose.
She also had been there for 3 weeks.
Gully was claimed by 3 sets of people that day and someone else got her :(

Within a week they had brought back and we told them that we wanted her no arguments.

Never have I seen a dog so full of life.
I had her retreiving while still at the pound and she is great with kids even teeny tiny babies. She is good with the cats and follows us everywhere. She always wants to play and is a natural for pictures.

She is so happy to see us come home that she doesnt know which way to wag her tail :)

And of course she is the cutest puppy in the world. I can't imagine why 2 families gave her up. Must be a dumb gene or something.

She is surprisingly good at catching balls and enjoys training for obedience school. She always wants to go for car rides or walks :)

She is being crate trained now but we are in the process of making her a chew proof room :D

P.S. She loves everyone except the recycleman

jackiesdaisy1935
08-22-2001, 04:02 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Hbrika, what a wonderful story. Many people don't realize when they adopt a dog that loving it, playing with it and taking care of it goes with the territory. Do you have photos of Gully that you could share. We love to see everybody's furkids. I have two Mini Schnauzers, they are terrier terrors, one is Miss Daisy and the other is Perry.
Thank you for rescueing Gully, she will love you and be your constant companion for life.
:)

Cinder & Smoke
08-22-2001, 04:02 PM
The recycle guy's taking Her stuff! :rolleyes:

So that's her name - Gully? I think we need to see pictures! Lots of em...

Feels good to do a rescue, doesn't it? :D

Sudilar
08-22-2001, 07:24 PM
You are wonderful for rescuing Gully. Those other two just don't know what they're missing! Congrats to you!

Daisy's Mom
08-22-2001, 08:56 PM
What a sweet story! I am so glad that sweet Gully is with a family that loves her and deserves her. Welcome to pet talk, by the way! I have a 2 year old Basset Hound named Daisy.

AdoreMyDogs
08-23-2001, 08:11 AM
That's wonderful! Yes a good rescue story is ALWAYS welcome with open arms :) It's great to hear good news! Enjoy your yellow labbie...labs are such splendid dogs. I had one for 13 years and he was an angel.

Hbrika
08-23-2001, 10:26 AM
Here is a picture of her when we first got her. I normally don;t believe in pets as Christmas gifts but in her case we made an exception because we were the givers and the getters :D

It is terrible but as you can see she is a VERY smiley sort of dog.

She has sleeked out and grown a lot since then.

http://www.geocities.com/ovoraptor/gully.JPG

Hbrika
08-23-2001, 10:28 AM
Weird it did not work :(

This URL works in my browser window :/ http://www.geocities.com/ovoraptor/gully.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/ovoraptor/gully.JPG

I think I got it now ;)

Gio
08-23-2001, 10:30 AM
It's nice to hear a story with a happy ending for a change, there are so many terribly sad ones out there!

Gully is adorable. Welcome to the board

Hbrika
08-23-2001, 10:35 AM
Sorry about that, it doesnt make sense

If I go to the site where the picture is and refresh this page it appears otherwise the BIG red X :/

We have tons of more pictures but I need to scan them in. She is much cuter now that she has gained weight.

AdoreMyDogs
08-23-2001, 10:46 AM
when you right click on the little red X and copy the properties, then paste them in the address bar on the browser, the picture comes up. Gully is SO cute, and what a killer smile she wears on her sweet yellow face :) She's both cute and beautiful...she's a heartbreaker. Thanks for rescuing her, I don't blame you one bit for falling in love with her, just look at that smile!!! Enjoy your years together.

Cinder & Smoke
08-23-2001, 02:49 PM
Hbrika ~ I think this might be the cause of your picture not appearing:

Quote from the Yahoo/CeoCities site:

"If you've already created an index page, and
you're still receiving the "Page Not Aailable" page, your page may have been suspended for violation of our Terms of Service, if any of the following statements are true:

1) Pulling files from your GeoCities account to a location outside of Yahoo! GeoCities, such as auction sites, message boards, and other web sites.

2) Using your GeoCities home page to redirect
visitors to other sites.

3) Improperly promoting your website via email, message boards, or instant message.
If you believe you are not in violation of our Terms of Service, please contact us by filling out our feedback form." End quote.

You might want to start an account with:
http://www.Webshots.com ~ they don't have such fussy :rolleyes: rules!

RachelJ
08-24-2001, 11:53 AM
Your right, we did need a happy rescue story. And this is indeed a very bright spot on this board. Lucky Gully, lucky you! She is beautiful and obviously so loved and adored. Thanks for joining us and sharing how Gully entered your life. Now all you have to do is continue to let us enjoy her with you. So flex those fingers and keep on posting. :D