PDA

View Full Version : How did you discover PT?

petlover
11-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I have met a lot of you, and sometimes I stop to think how you may have discovered PT. My story is like any other. Here it is.:)

I was looking for Penpals that love animals. The first thing that came up in my search was Pet Talk. I just clicked on it and liked it so.....

HERE I AM!!!!!!!:D

We are all interested in how you found PT. We want to hear your story.;)

PepperRSM
11-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I think Megan (ILoveMyAbbyGirl) told me about it....a long time ago...I think she did. :)

andrea_NMAggie
11-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Tomkatzid would send me links to some of the cute threads...and I was hooked!

amoore
11-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I read about it in Computer Tips .When I found it I liked it so well, I passed the link on to several more of my friends .:)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Sarah (LabLoverKEB) told me about the site. I registered, but didn't post for awhile, thinking it was 'just another message board'. Soooooo.....I deceided to post more often, and here I am! :D And you're all stuck with me! ;)

G.P.girl
11-26-2003, 09:49 PM
i thinki was looking for cute animal pics, and accidentally stumbled across it. but even after i registered i didn't post for a while. i thought it was just another dumb message board too.

Desert Arabian
11-26-2003, 09:55 PM
I was under "images" on Google searching for Labrador Retriever pictures, and some Dog of the Day Labradors came up, and I followed the links and discovered Pet Talk. I looked around a bit, and it wasn't long before I joined. :)

Kfamr
11-26-2003, 09:59 PM
I was a while back, so I don't even remember. :o

CamCamPup33
11-26-2003, 10:03 PM
It was right around the time i *first* got cami, and i was looking for pictures of what her mixed breed looked like, and there it was! I joined right away, I wasnt a lurker, but i didnt come often.. 2000 posts later!

Im SO Sorry everyone! ;) :p

Kfamr
11-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33

Im SO Sorry everyone! ;) :p

You better be! :p

CatDad
11-26-2003, 10:33 PM
A couple of years ago a guy at work had set the IE home page to COTD on one of the computers that I was working on, and I started to visit for COTD, DOTD and POTD.

Then a few months ago, I finally discovered the Pet Talk icon on CTOD(little slow sometimes:)). I started lurking and last month decieded to sign up because I wanted to post to COTD forum. Then I became addicted.:D

Karen
11-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Hee hee - Paul and I "found"ed it! So I guess that doesn't count. ;) Glad you all are here!

Kfamr
11-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
(little slow sometimes:)).

Sometimes? ;) :confused: :)

Just Kidding, Bryan. :p

Dogz
11-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Well, I was first just looking for some pictures of dogs, and DOTD came up, and then I was just looking at the 'side things' and I clicked on Pet Talk. And HERE I AM!:D

Twisterdog
11-26-2003, 10:41 PM
The board I used to post to ALL the time closed :( , so I was looking for a new board, and just stumbled across this one.

There are several of us "AcmePet" refugees around here. ;)

RubyMutt
11-26-2003, 10:47 PM
A few co-workers and myself would start out each morning by checking out the DOTD. One day I had a question regarding the DOTD so I made my first post on PT and I was hooked :D

Shelteez2
11-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
There are several of us "AcmePet" refugees around here. ;)

And I am one of them. I was missing my message boards and Twister gave me the link to PetTalk. And here I am, for better or worse ;)

CatDad
11-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Sometimes? ;) :confused: :)

Just Kidding, Bryan. :p
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gee, thanks Kay.:p

The other times I'm alot slow.:p

anna_66
11-26-2003, 11:23 PM
I was looking for pictures of (rotties, chows, sibs-can't remember which) and happend upon DOTD.....I've been hooked ever since:D

Blue Heeler
11-26-2003, 11:24 PM
A little hairy birdie told me.... isn't that right Shelteez? LOL

binka_nugget
11-27-2003, 12:05 AM
I can't remember exactly. I *think* I was looking up sheltie pictures and found it through there.

Shelteez2
11-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Blue Heeler
A little hairy birdie told me.... isn't that right Shelteez? LOL

What...? Who me?

http://www.furkids.net/dc/images/div331.gif

Birds have feathers not hair you weirdo! ;)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-018.gif

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-27-2003, 04:56 AM
Bryan, I just looked at your post count and it's almost 700 after only 1 month - you are a mega blabbermouth :D :D :D

(Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining, I really enjoy your posts, but that is quite an acheivement in such a short space of time!)

Julie

Originally posted by CatDad

Then a few months ago, I finally discovered the Pet Talk icon on CTOD(little slow sometimes:)). I started lurking and last month decieded to sign up because I wanted to post to COTD forum. Then I became addicted.:D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by PepperRSM
I think Megan (ILoveMyAbbyGirl) told me about it....a long time ago...I think she did. :)

We might have discovered it together... I don't really remember... but I think we found it because we wanted to submit Abby's pic... lol I have no clue.

Moose
11-27-2003, 10:47 AM
I was always pretty interested in DOTD, so I had been checking that everyday. I had seen the Pet Talk link but figured it wasn't anything too special. I had no idea that PT was more like a community than just a random place to post random comments from random people. :p After staring at the link for months, I decided to just check it out. And let's just say I was definitely impressed. :D :D

popcornbird
11-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Once upon a time........probably about 3 years ago or so, I was searching for cockatiel pictures on yahoo. Ended up finding a link to Petoftheday, and found myself on petoftheday.com. I would visit the site EVERY day to see the pictures of the pets and just loved it. I had seen the Pet Talk link, but didn't think much about clicking on it. :p Probably about a year after joining, I decided I would check out the *Pet Talk* link and see what it was all about. I found it very interesting.............and nothing like I had imagined! The first day.......I remember sleeping at like 1am because I was busy reading all the posts! I didn't join for a while, but then one day, I decided I would! I never left! :p :D

carole
11-27-2003, 01:03 PM
I was looking up a site all about cats, and there it was PT, so I Investigated it and here I am 8mths later.:D

mahayana
11-27-2003, 01:27 PM
My wife found Pet Talk and just loved it. The computer was always over here and I accidentally started reading threads that looked interesting.

After posting a few times under "her" name it was decided that I should get my own user name (was it something that I said?). So here I am!

EssTer
11-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Actually I donīt remember ;) I think I found DogOfTheDay on google or yahoo.search.com and then I found PetTalk :) Well and here I am ;) :D

Toby's my baby
11-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I used to go under Dog of the day all the time and sometimes wanderd onto Pet talk but I didnt get it because i was like 8 yrs. old. Then I was at Emma's ( dogz ) house and she always went on here and she kept telling me " go on Pet Talk" so finally I came on here about 4 months ago and got stuck. Not saying that is a bad thing!

amoore
11-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Since Anathiona and Trayi52 are my daughter and sister, they got a link to Pet Talk from me.:)

jonza
11-29-2003, 10:58 AM
I discovered Pet Talk because I couldn't understand why our dinner was getting later and later, and Randi was sitting huddled in the corner in the pale light of her computer screen until after midnight!

So I checked it out and found out why.

Great site! :D :D :D

trayi52
12-03-2003, 09:41 PM
I got pulled in by my sister amoore or Ann, now I am glad she talked me into it. LOL. Thanks Ann, I love you a lot. Best kind of addiction to have. Right????:)

Cincy'sMom
12-03-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure how my Hubby found DOTD and then PT, but he would show me the dog pics and I wouldlurk on the board. Then I started posting occasionally under his name, and finally signed up myself....I think now he still has under 100 posts, and I am pushing 5000!!!

12-03-2003, 10:47 PM
:) Love your new signature pic mama!
You sure have some pretty, furry babies!
:)

petlover
12-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Sarah (LabLoverKEB) told me about the site. I registered, but didn't post for awhile, thinking it was 'just another message board'. Soooooo.....I deceided to post more often, and here I am! :D And you're all stuck with me! ;)

We are happy that you are here, even knowing we are stuck with you.;) J/K

We are happy that you are all here!:)

cali
12-04-2003, 11:27 AM
someone posted a link to apple the gerbil when she was POTD, they posted it to the gerbil forum of rodent fancy and I checked it out started looking arount the site and came across the board:p