PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever just talked to your pets?

isis
11-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Like, haveing a long talk while your walking them? Or am I the only weird one.:p I talk to Sully alot when I'm walking him or am alone in my room with him. Is that weird? Sometimes he even looks at me like he's listening. Is this normal?:p :D Who else does this?:p

CamCamPup33
11-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Yep! I do the same thing! :p Sometimes when im mad about something, unhappy ect, i go to cami.. She sits and listens patiently while mom is talking.. To me thats better than any friend, judging what you have to say!

primabella
11-26-2003, 02:41 PM
I love talking to Mickey especially because he won't judge the things I say or even answer back. I could complain about all sorts of things and ask all sorts of questions that might offend people or whatever...but Mickey just looks up at me as if everything is okay. I don't really have long conversations with him, just say a few words that are on my mind. Even if he doesn't undersatnd, I know he knows how I feel and just getting it off my chest helps me.

But I always come home and say "I missed you so much today. Did you miss me?" and "How are you?" as if he would answer. :p

KYS
11-26-2003, 02:43 PM
All the time!
And Rocky even talks back sometimes. lol

Rio and Me
11-26-2003, 02:44 PM
I always talk to Rio when i'm walking home from work in the dark, she walks and looks at me like the obediance (?sp) dogs do.
Its so cute, as if she understands me!
Ky and Rio

isis
11-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Ok, i'm not the only one then. My sister will here me and come in ask "Who are you talking to?" and I say Sully and she tells me how weird that is.lol :p

jenluckenbach
11-26-2003, 04:08 PM
I talk to the cats ALL the time!:D

popcornbird
11-26-2003, 04:10 PM
I ALWAYS talk to my birds, and I get an answer too! It would just be silly for me *not* to talk to them! My friends are fascinated at the fact that when I talk to my birds, I get into a *conversation* with them constantly talking back. Its so cute!

bluekat
11-26-2003, 04:39 PM
I don't get into long conversations with Blueberry:p I just say a few words to him, but maybe over time I will get into longer conversations, lol.:p

Pam
11-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Yes I do too. :o At times Bella will tilt her head to the side as if to try and hear me better or comprehend what I am saying. She is a good listener though and lets me ramble on. :) Ripley and the cats don't give me 100% of their attention like Bella does. :p

carole
11-26-2003, 06:06 PM
I don't think you will find many on here who don't talk to their pets, I spend a lot of the day alone, so yes I speak with my kitties very frequently., and lexie will answer back nine times out of ten, just wish i understood everything she says lol;)

Kfamr
11-26-2003, 06:13 PM
I always talk to Simba and Nala...

And they always respond! I ask Simba questions like
"Are you my boy?"
"Do you Love me?"
"Are you a fatsy?"
"Who's da boy?"

And so on..... He always tells me the correct answers.:p
Then, i'll tell him to "Go tell mommy" or "Go tell daddy" and he does. :)

catland
11-26-2003, 06:24 PM
hee-hee. My husband will be in the next room and say "what?", and I'll say, I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Sid (or Jan or Joxer):D

carole
11-26-2003, 06:25 PM
same here catland, except when I am actually talking to my husband he never listens, but if its the kids or the cats, he says hmm what was that grrrrr.........:)

Kfamr
11-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by catland
hee-hee. My husband will be in the next room and say "what?", and I'll say, I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Sid (or Jan or Joxer):D

Oh my gosh...
I can't even count how many times my parents have asked me " Huh?" or "What did you say?" when I was talking to the dogs. :rolleyes: :p :p

RubyMutt
11-26-2003, 07:56 PM
I talk to Ruby more than I do most humans I encounter on a daily basis! :p

gini
11-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Only a Pet Talker would understand .......but I talk to Rascal too.

Usually it is just to tell him how wonderful he is and that I love him to bits.

Sometimes when I call him from another room, so help me, he can say "WHAT?"

Someone posted that they gave their cats peanut butter. I was eating some on crackers and decided to offer him some. He sniffed it and I said, "don't you like it?" and I swear he said "NO"
and then walked away.

I think all of our pets know things about us that we would not share with a human friend. And I also think that they understand and give us full attention when we talk to them.

amoore
11-26-2003, 09:22 PM
I talk to my pets all the time ! They love it !:D

CatDad
11-26-2003, 09:29 PM
I always talk to Bob and Joey.

Bob isn't much of a talker, he is a great listener however. Joey tries to hold converstion. She just needs a little more practice.

The real conversationalist was my RB girl Flicka. I would talk to her and hold converstaions. It was like she understood when to answer. It was great!! Then she would tell me all about the goings on at the house. I didn't understand a word she said it was all in cat.:)

G.P.girl
11-26-2003, 09:38 PM
yeah i talk to them all the time! but my fisheis don't ansewr yet! i just have to get to knoe them

dukedogsmom
11-26-2003, 09:46 PM
I really enjoy this one! I talk to Duke all the time. And I don't even think a thing about it. Oh well, if I'm nuts, I'm nuts.

andrea_NMAggie
11-26-2003, 09:47 PM
i talk to pooks all the time...and she answers me too :p at least, the meows seem to always come at just the right time.

petlover
11-26-2003, 09:51 PM
I like to talk to Hallie and Ginger a lot. I think that Hallie thinks that I talk to much. Sometimes whenever I won't stop talking ( when she is concentrating on her sleep) she looks at me and rolls her eyes.:rolleyes: Then she just goes back to listening.
Ginger is always ready to be talked to. She does not however want to know when she has done bad. She will pass. She just doesn't want to hear it. One time I jumped up out of the swing in the back yard and yelled " Gimme Kisses!!" She usually jumps up and gives me kisses. I was upset to see that she just sat there. I walked back to the seat and plopped down VERY deppressed. I sighed. ( LOUDLY so that she would feel bad.) Next thing I knew, she ran over there and gave me kisses.:p

Hallie has really been here for me lately. I have been talkin about Levi nonstop since I heard about him in the hospital. She doesn't roll her eyes when I am upset or scared. She just wants to hear more. I can be very emotional at times. Like, if I am very worried. So... I pretty much cried a lot during talking to her about him. She was really there for me then.I on the other hand, am very tough ( growing up with 5 brothers) and do not cry when I get mad or am having trouble with wrestling my lamb or horse. Yes, I am a weirdo. What can I say? ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-26-2003, 10:00 PM
All the time. :)
I'll come home from school and tell Molly and Daisy that I love them, and that I missed them. Molly then immediatley jumps up and licks my face. :D Daisy just smiles and waits to be petted. :) When I was going through a bad time, I would take both of them to my room, shut the door, and just cry. They both sat with me and had a look like, "What's wrong?"

Nothing beats the love of a dog. :)

micki76
11-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by carole
same here catland, except when I am actually talking to my husband he never listens, but if its the kids or the cats, he says hmm what was that grrrrr.........:)

This goes on constantly in my house. Grrrr is right. :mad:

Tonya
11-27-2003, 12:32 AM
I talk to all of my pets. I talk to Dusty especially because he's my special child. He gets so excited when he sees me that I just gave up on stopping him from yapping. I howl and talk right along with him. I always go "Didja miss me!!!??" in this high pitched voice and he gets even more excited and yowls and yowls.

Kiia
11-27-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm guilty of this too. ;) I love how they just sit there and listen, not wanting to run off to do anything else but just to make sure you are ok. Teeko is such a little man, he put his paws around my neck and gives me a hug, LOL of course I hug him back. :)

isis
11-27-2003, 11:43 AM
We went to my guitar teachers house last night and she has 2, female Blood Hounds, and a male Border Collie. One of the Hounds is Rosie. She is youg and very spastic. She cept on doing these little bark half howls, putting her paw on me, and giving me kisses. I swear she was trying to tell me something.:D :p I just wish I knew.:p

mahayana
11-27-2003, 01:04 PM
I have imitated animal voices since childhood. A respectable meow will get most cats to reply, and roof, rrrroof, will make most dogs pay attention. Even an uuuuuuummmmmmmmmuh! will get cows to check you out and reply. I do cardinals and mockingbirds too, they will respond with their territorial songs.

The first books I checked out of a public library were Dr.Doolittle books, about the veterinarian who could speak and understand animal languages. In the books they really spoke English; I don't believe that is the case but do believe we could learn to communicate better with other species than we do as humans.

I believe there is some kind of inter-species telepathy with our pets. They read us and the other pets in the home, at least on an emotional level. And my wife says Jojo goes to the door and acts as though she is expecting me when I start driving home from work 30 miles away.

lovemyshiba
11-27-2003, 01:37 PM
I always talk to my dogs--all day, every day.
I tell them about my day, about what's on tv, about what I'm doing on the computer, and so on.
I think it is soothing to them to hear my voice, so they hear it all the time!!!

11-27-2003, 01:51 PM
i talk to Inka & Maya all the time!! It is so funny with Inka, as the sweetie ALWAYS has an answer ready!! She wants the last word, all the time! She is such a talkative cat :) :p . Maya is more a silent cat, but since we have Inka, Maya starts talking to me to! It is so funny too, as Maya has a very thin and high voice.
I love those rascals soooo much!!!