Arlene Pace
September 18, 1998

When I wrote this poem it was inspired by my foster Sheltie
"Patchie" who, by the way, is in a home where he is the
light of their eyes. I think now that it is more in the way
I see the rescue efforts of all the people that are doing
such a great a job all over this country. So I wish to
dedicate this poem to all of you in rescue, the doers, the
helpers, the donators of money and/or time and tears.

Please feel free to recopy, reprint or resend to anyone you
would like
to
Kim Litz
Aussie Rescue
ARPH Rep & Foster Home
Central Florida

jackiesdaisy1935
02-22-2001, 08:49 PM
Angels3 That poem is so inspiring, it just tells the story of the homeless dog and all the wonderful things that the rescue people do to help. I loved it! We are a little to old to do rescue or foster, but we send donations to Bestfriends in Utah. The people are wonderful and so caring. Have you ever checked bestfriends.com ? Our Kona who passed away in October is in Angels Rest there. Thank you so much for such a wonderful tribute to all who do rescue of our precious animals.

Angels3
02-22-2001, 09:14 PM
Jackiesdaisy, I'm glad you liked the poem. You're right...it does inspire people to help out with rescue, whatever ways they can.
Thank you for telling me about the best friends site. I visted it & am so impressed.
I especially liked the schoolhouse section which has all sorts of ideas for children & their teachers. I still do some work in teacher education so I'm going to recommend it to teachers & students here in australia. You're right that we may not always be able to do direct rescue work but we can contribute in other ways...and you've just given something to animal welfare in my country by leading me to that wonderful site!!! Your beautiful Kona must truly be at peace there.

Genia
02-22-2001, 10:58 PM
I got chills reading that poem. This site has inspired me to get involved. I'm even rubbing off on the people I work with. A co-worker who was going to buy a certain breed recently adopted a lab mix from the shelter. My section and another one in the building are volunteering at a wildlife rescue organization. We're going next Saturday to get them ready for their tour season. We'll clear trails, clean bird cages, and repair damage from Hurricane Georges. The hurricane was two years ago but they can't afford repairs. I've always loved animals, and was saddened by the sight of strays on the streets. I never really thought about getting involved until I came to this site.

jackiesdaisy1935
02-23-2001, 11:45 AM
Genia, that is so wonderful that you are going to give time to help with the wildlife restoration and also encourage your friends and co-workers to do the same. Wouldn't that be a great project for young people all over the country to take this on. Maybe you will be the beginning of this happening.
Angels3 Thank you for the kind words. I have checked many of the sites you have listed and really enjoyed them, keep them coming!
Jackie

wolflady
02-23-2001, 12:05 PM
Angels3, that was a very touching poem and definitely does a good job painting a picture into one's mind about a homeless dog's point of view. I really do think they are greatful for all the kindness that rescue people give and their 2nd chance at a good life in a forever home.
Doing volunteer work has been such a rewarding experience for me. In college I did volunteer work at Wolf Park(http://www.wolfpark.org/)in Battle Ground, Indiana which was the best thing! I learned so much! Since moving to California I have gotten involved in a cat rescue organization (www.towncats.org)and it's just amazing to see these people do everything they can for these cats, giving up personal time and money to care for these animals. They are all so adorable!
Genia, that's great that you're doing the wildlife volunteering! How do you like it?? Besides Town Cats, I help out about once a month (because I'm so busy with work and my own family and Town Cats too!!!)at the Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley(http://www.wcsv.org/)where I am a "squirrel mamma". It's such a intense feeling when you are holding a baby squirrel that hasn't even opened its eyes yet, giving it food and any necessary medication. The idea to volunteer here all started when a friend of mine found some baby doves whose parents had been killed. We took them to the wildlife center where we found out about volunteering opportunities. So, our second day at the center, we got to witness the release of 3 oppossums. What a rush! To think, we helped make that possible! It's now "baby season" at the center, so things are starting to get busy! Way to go Genia! Enjoy the experience and let us know how everything goes!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
Karen

PUPPY POWER
03-05-2001, 03:01 PM
A POEM TO SHARE IS BEUTIFUL IT TOCHED ME DEEPLY. WHEN I READ IT I COULD PICTURE MY BABY BOY WANDERING THE STREETS, THE THOUGHT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
CRS