PDA

View Full Version : 30 Thursday's

lbaker
11-26-2003, 10:50 AM
30 Thursday's and I'm thirsty. Try saying THAT three times fast ;) I'd open up myself but I forgot my key :o Let me in wee-oo wee-oo, oo oo oo-wee-oo

lbaker
11-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Well DUH Laurie, maybe because it's Wednesday you ninny!!! Sorry if I woke anyone up by pounding on the door :o Must be one of those oh so famous *blonde moments* yikes :rolleyes:

2kitties
11-26-2003, 11:03 AM
If Survivor can move up a night, then certainly the bar can!
It's snowy and cold here and I wish I was in hawaii. Serve me up a bikini-tini, please!

gini
11-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Hey, I have a key. Must have walked off with it last week.

Wow, look! There is a turkey running around here. How much you want to bet that Richard has pardoned this one - just like the President does every year.

How about some Wild Turkey? Awfully early in the morning, but Annie, Emma and Rascal acted like I was starving them to death so I have been up for hours.

mugsy
11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Wow!! Thursdays is getting old!!!

Still sticking with diet pop. Trying to remain good for Thanksgiving

lbaker
11-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Whatever a bikini tini is, can it be made with Wild Turkey? Good idea Gini. Lemme try to get close enough to that blasted turkey to pull a tail feather out.. the cats feather toys are looking a bit raggity.

2kitties
11-26-2003, 11:38 AM
actually I dont' know what a bikini tini is, but I saw it once on a menu at a froo froo drink place and thought it sounded cool. So yes, I suppose we can make it with wild turkey if you like:)

Oh, and if we determine the turkey is not actually pardoned, then my kitties would like to get to chase it.

lbaker
11-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Then some of the dogs would chase the kitties that were chasing the turkey. They would all end up running around the tree and turn into butter.. or was that the young Sambo lad :confused: In case you can't tell, all the bosses are gone already. I'm just waiting to hear that FedEx has delivered the boxes of audit materials I sent to our CT office. If FedEx and UPS were to merge would they be Fed Up :p ?

slick
11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
**yawn** **yawn**
Who's making all the noice around here??? It's only Wednesday. Go back to sleep.

Hey......what am I doing sleeping in this booth?? What happened??? And what's all this turkey poop doing on the floor?? I'm so confoosed :confused: :confused:

robinh
11-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Looks like there are way too many people/animals chasing the turkey!!

Fix me a bikini-tini too. Need something smooth to help my throat. Maybe it'll help me get over this horrible cold! Been sick since Monday - worked every day, but feel awful.

gini
11-26-2003, 11:53 AM
http://www.cocktailtimes.com/original/extreme/extreme_bikini.shtml

Binkini Tini

Coconut rum, extreme vodka, pineapple juice and grenadine.
Now how bad could that be?

Richard - we ladies are going on strike! We ARE NOT going to clean up this turkey poop!

2kitties
11-26-2003, 12:02 PM
dang, that bikini tini sounds good!

lbaker
11-26-2003, 12:03 PM
That sounds yummy! But I think it's Logan that doesn't care for coconut so we best have a backup pitcher of something handy. Of course she & I can always split a nice bottle of white wine. That durn FedEx truck has some mechanical problems or something, so while everyone else has already gone I'm still here. *fume* OMG, Slick... two more to go!! Yippee!!!!

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 12:24 PM
good morning ladies...

I'll take care of the turkey poop this time...

I was thinking about a vodka/cranberry, you know keep with the holiday but lets do it this way...

FREE FOR ALL!!

Laurie,
hadn't heard that song in awhile!!
White Vino?
DONE!

2k,
A bikini-tini!!! Do you have to wax to drink one of those???;)
DONE!

Gini,
LOL, it's a tempoaray mascot.....
Wait until 'Girls Gone Wild DAY':rolleyes:
WT, straight or rocks??
DONE!

Mugs,
Diet for you!
DONE!

RH,
Bikini-tini for you!
DONE!

back to work for while...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2003, 12:35 PM
Gosh, I'm glad to see everyone! I thought everyone would be off visiting family and I would be in the bar by myself!
Richard, I'd like a big glass of gingerale with a shot of cranberry juice mixed in. Hold the vodka or let someone else drink it, please. Of course the cats are begging for their usual: catnip tea. Make it warm this time. Don't want any burnt noses over the holiday and it's too cold for iced.:D

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Gosh, I'm glad to see everyone! I thought everyone would be off visiting family and I would be in the bar by myself!
:D

LOL,

Evil never sleeps!!

A tall GA/cran for you and tepid tea for the Boys!!

Done!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
LOL,

Evil never sleeps!!

A tall GA/cran for you and tepid tea for the Boys!!

Done! Um, that's the Boys and Grandma! I adopted the stray cat called Grandma and she lives with us now. She would like a cat nip tea too. I think she has a tiny crush on you. I caught her eyeing a picture someone took when you were all here a few weeks ago. She's very shy and hid when you all were here.:D

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Um, that's the Boys and Grandma! I adopted the stray cat called Grandma and she lives with us now. She would like a cat nip tea too. I think she has a tiny crush on you. I caught her eyeing a picture someone took when you were all here a few weeks ago. She's very shy and hid when you all were here.:D

WELCOME TO THE GROUP, GRANNIE!!

One dainty cn tea for her!

DONE!

emily_the_spoiled
11-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Hey Richard, I would like to place an order for a cranberry martini in celebration of the fact I am NOT cooking the turkey this year!!!!!

Have a great holiday everyone and remember to leave a little room for dessert tomorrow ;)

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
Hey Richard, I would like to place an order for a cranberry martini in celebration of the fact I am NOT cooking the turkey this year!!!!!

Have a great holiday everyone and remember to leave a little room for dessert tomorrow ;)

ETS,
You will help with the dishes, no???

One CB martini,

DONE!!:D

Randi
11-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Considering the discussions of this last week, I'll let the bartender in charge decide what kind of drink I need - BUT, I'd like it with a "special brownie" on the side, please. :D

Now, go for the turkey with a good stuffing, folks! I'll be waiting for duck! :p

A suggestion for this months subject - MARCIPAN!!

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Considering the discussions of this last week, I'll let the bartender in charge decide what kind of drink I need - BUT, I'd like it with a "special brownie" on the side, please. :D

Now, go for the turkey with a good stuffing, folks! I'll be waiting for duck! :p

A suggestion for this months subject - MARCIPAN!!

I'm partial to the cranberry/vodka drink!
So if you don't mind.....

DONE!

You had me baffled for a second......One of the most wonderful and funny things about language is
how one letter can make you stop and say, huh?

Marcipan???? AHA! Marzipan, over here!!!

Both are correct but you need to remember that THIS American can be stopped with a simple letter!!!

Thanks!

Miss Meow
11-26-2003, 02:44 PM
It's Thursday morning here, so hit me with a Bikini Tini! :D

KYS
11-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I even got off of work early today, and
what did I find?
I'm late again for our Thursday!
Umm! Decisions, Decisions!
Richard, can I please have something that tast like a milkshake.
Surprise me. :)

lizbud
11-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Hi all,

Could I have a Coors Light & some nachos please :D

Maybe a "special brownie" later after the furkids are fed &
tucked in for the night.;) Thanks.

lbaker
11-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Well certainly Lizbud, AFTER THE KIDS ARE TUCKED IN. Lordy, Lordy.. I'm going to have to kick in with the whole "Earth Mother Jones" thing if I have to "do" special brownies every week :eek: Maybe we should invite the troup from Alice's Restaurant for this Thanksgiving festival. After all, Richard said "free for all" and Arlo said "You can get any thing you want, at Alice's Restaurant"... (except Alice) Let's just not get arrested for littering and have to sit over on the group W bench :rolleyes:

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
It's Thursday morning here, so hit me with a Bikini Tini! :D

Consider yourself bruised!:eek:

DONE!

KYS,
howzabout a White Russian???

DONE?

Liz,

Coors light and Nachos, brownie to go???

DONE!

Laurie,

lol, you always post just before I THINK i caught everyone...

captain
11-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Richard,

I will have MOFF left over vodka thanks :D

AND ..................... a Long Island Ice Tea on the side ..

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by captain
Richard,

I will have MOFF left over vodka thanks :D

AND ..................... a Long Island Ice Tea on the side ..

That's what I like about the International Date Line...you get ahead of the rest of the world..

Vodka and a LIIT on the side!!!

DONE!!

gini
11-26-2003, 05:06 PM
What is the turkey drinking?

(no, I don't mean you Richard:D)

captain
11-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Oh Gini - ROTFL!!!:D .......... are you sure you don't mean RICHARD? :D

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Oh Gini - ROTFL!!!:D .......... are you sure you don't mean RICHARD? :D

LOLOLOL, well that is one of the nicest names I have been reffered to as.....usually it's something a little more blunt....

The turkey is drinking water and pecking at some feed.....I think I am going to have to leave him
outside tonight....I probably won't be in the mood
to mop tomorrow morning......

And a reminder.....have patience should you all stop in tomorrow..I'll be in and out all day!!!

gobble gobble!

lizbud
11-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Well certainly Lizbud, AFTER THE KIDS ARE TUCKED IN. Lordy, Lordy.. I'm going to have to kick in with the whole "Earth Mother Jones" thing if I have to "do" special brownies every week :eek: Maybe we should invite the troup from Alice's Restaurant for this Thanksgiving festival. After all, Richard said "free for all" and Arlo said "You can get any thing you want, at Alice's Restaurant"... (except Alice) Let's just not get arrested for littering and have to sit over on the group W bench :rolleyes:

Well shucks , I don't even know Ms Jones. :D I was thinking
more along the lines of "Eagles" & "Hotel California".:D

http://www.hotelcal.com/

O.K. Then Randi & I will take our brownies "to go". You do know
that by "special", I mean the ones with pecans, Right? :)

babolaypo65
11-26-2003, 05:52 PM
bikini tini sounds great!

Have you guys ever seen that Kids in the Hall skit about the "girl drink drunk" it's one of my two favorite KitH skits (the other is the terrier song, of course).:D

RICHARD
11-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Well shucks , I don't even know Ms Jones. :D I was thinking
more along the lines of "Eagles" & "Hotel California".:D

http://www.hotelcal.com/

O.K. Then Randi & I will take our brownies "to go". You do know
that by "special", I mean the ones with pecans, Right? :)

http://www.motherjones.com/

and only if you and Randi promise not to 'eat and drive'......crumbs on the seat aren't pretty.:rolleyes:

DONE!

Babo,

"The Terrier song?" He doggedly inquired......

A bikini tini for you!!!

DONE!

babolaypo65
11-26-2003, 06:00 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/

Babo,

"The Terrier song?" He doggedly inquired......

A bikini tini for you!!!

DONE!

http://kithsongs.8m.com/terriersong.html

http://www.kithaa.com/bruce_mcculloch.html
(its a kids in the hall official archive, but it's only half of it.)

lizbud
11-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Richard,

OH... That Mother Jones. Thanks for the link, but how in the
world did they get MY picture on that site? :D :D

catland
11-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I'M BACK EVERYONE - GOSH HAVE I EVER MISSED YOU. We had a worm infect our system here at work and I've had to go the entire day without PT. Even worse is missing a day at Thursdays. Bartender - something strong please.

and congrats to Corkscrew for being the COTD:D

lbaker
11-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Repeating myself or maybe Slick or Soledad * snort * love you * crying with tears of love here. Amen. Next round on me please. If one of you wants to buy a stupid little bottle of AVIAN bottle of water for $3 or $4 have you ever thought of what AVIAN spells BACKWARDS !! Again, DUH Sorry, I'm in a strange mood.

KYS
11-26-2003, 08:30 PM
posted by RICHARD:
KYS,
howzabout a White Russian???>>>>>>>

I do not think I have ever tasted a white russian,
but if it taste like a milkshake I am game.

Thank you. :)

slick
11-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Repeating myself or maybe Slick or Soledad * snort * love you * crying with tears of love here. Amen. Next round on me please. If one of you wants to buy a stupid little bottle of AVIAN bottle of water for $3 or $4 have you ever thought of what AVIAN spells BACKWARDS !! Again, DUH Sorry, I'm in a strange mood.

Huh?????? Laurie, you're cut off or maybe I just don't get it. Today's been a really tough day. No drinks for me yet as I'm driving home. Hmmm, maybe I'll make a pit stop at my local "beverage store" on the way......

Catland: did you know that if you cut a worm in half it will still live??

OMG I just saw the pic of Mother Jones. Is that what I'm going to look like in 10 yrs time????:eek: :eek:

I'm outta here. Talk to you guys tomorrow. Big celebrations ahead.

Shelteez2
11-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by slick
Huh?????? Laurie, you're cut off or maybe I just don't get it. Today's been a really tough day. No drinks for me yet as I'm driving home. Hmmm, maybe I'll make a pit stop at my local "beverage store" on the way......

Catland: did you know that if you cut a worm in half it will still live??

OMG I just saw the pic of Mother Jones. Is that what I'm going to look like in 10 yrs time????:eek: :eek:

I'm outta here. Talk to you guys tomorrow. Big celebrations ahead.

*pokes head in*

Me thinks she means Evian the backwards spelling of which would be naive.......*S*

lbaker
11-27-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the correction Shelteez2. Evian. Yep. drat, that would have been a good one had I not had that extra "tini". *blush* Have a wonderful day all. And for you on the other side of the pond, hoist a toast to us on our day of Thanksgiving iffin you have a mind to :D

Vio&Juni
11-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, people :)

I would try a bikini tini too.

catland
11-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Good morning people. I'm at home now, so no more de-worming for me.:p

I'll be putting up Christmas decorations today and then going to Thanksgiving dinner at my husband's aunt's house later this afternoon. I had Thanksgiving at my house the last two years so this year I'm really thankful that I didn't have to spend the past two weeks cleaning my house and preparing for company.:D

We might have to use the honor system today - you can come behind the bar and fix your own drink if there's no one around to serve you.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone:D

gini
11-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Richard, quick, where's the turkey? Didn't you say you were going to put him outside for the night?

Gee, it sure smells good in here - what's cooking?

Richard?

RICHARD?

RICHARD?

Uh Oh!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2003, 11:49 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Would someone save me a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream? I'm fixing my own dinner today and didn't make any dessert.

The funniest thing just happened. I heard a knock on the door. There was a man and lady with 5 turkey dinners. Someone goofed and gave them my address. The dinners sure smelled good. We couldn't find who they belonged too so they had to go back. I guess they'll find them eventually!

Miss Meow
11-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by catland
...We might have to use the honor system today - you can come behind the bar and fix your own drink if there's no one around to serve you.

I've always had a little fantasty about being a Coyote Ugly girl, standing on the bar and yelling, "WHO WANTS AN EEENY WEENY BIKINI TINI?'

Corinna
11-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Happy Thanksgiving sorry I'm late had the family here and they hogged the computer all day. I think I'll just have a peppermint tea,too much turkey to day.

mahayana
11-28-2003, 06:30 AM
I had eggnog with rum in it yesterday. Can it be the Holidays already?

Think I'm getting insight into why the world spins...

What's the deal with the bird down and feathers under the pool table?

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by mahayana
I had eggnog with rum in it yesterday. Can it be the Holidays already?

Think I'm getting insight into why the world spins...

What's the deal with the bird down and feathers under the pool table?

lol,

it was the girls chasing Thomas Turkey around to get the feathers off the poor guy..I think they want to make a sweater....

I didn't turn on the computer yesterday...it was TOO nice a day...let me try and get some orders out!!

Maha,

Refill for you?

DONE.

Corrina,
Pep Tea, lol sounds like a rapper's name??

DONE.

MM,
LOL,
You can keep your heels on should you want to indulge your fantasy...the marks on the bar give it character.

MOFF,
Pie!!! whipped cream!!!

DONE!

Catland,

Honor system???

You got it!!

V&J,

A Bikini tini for you!

and thank you!!!

DONE!

Shelteez,

Welcome, have a seat and enjoy the atmosphere!!

KYS,
a white russian has milk, vodka and kahlua in it..
mmmmm a nice drink...

DONE!

BABO,

thanks!! lololol

Liz,
Mother Jones is a nice gal....not like that evil Martha Stewart..

And Laurie....

I was on the way home on Wednesday and the disc jock on the radio invited the audience to have dinner at Alice's Restaurant, needless to say i was laughing for a few blocks...

DONE!

Gini,
I was in the back with Thomas.......we were bonding.:cool:

sorry if i missed anyone..

mahayana
11-28-2003, 11:29 AM
I found this sweater on the floor over by the ice machine...it's a bit damp. Whoa! What's that smell.....Fido???

gini
11-28-2003, 11:35 AM
A sweater? Well, it isn't mine - and I don't think it is Laurie's either.

Richard, phew!! I thought for sure you had cooked Thomas' goose!

To drink...........mmmmmmm, after yesterday I think I will stick to water.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2003, 11:52 AM
My, my what good pie!
Richard, did you bake it?
I too, and glad you didn't cook Thomas' goose! That would be no way to treat a turkey that dances the best turkey trot I've ever seen. He can't sing so good but he can sure dance.!!!:D

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 12:56 PM
My, my what good pie!
Richard, did you bake it?
I too, and glad you didn't cook Thomas' goose! That would be no way to treat a turkey that dances the best turkey trot I've ever seen. He can't sing so good but he can sure dance.!!!:D

Actually,
I can't make a pie crust to save my life....Does micro-waving count?

Turkey Trot for you!
DONE!

Water for Gini!!

DONE!
I love the easy orders....;)

MAHA,

lol, hang it on the coat rack away from the bar....soemone will claim it.....can you tell if it's spayed or neutered??:eek:

2kitties
11-28-2003, 01:56 PM
I need a double. No, a triple.
Today, I got up at dawn and braved the mall. The Day After Thanksgiving Sales. And, I'm in a pissy mood about it by now and I've nothing nice to say. I entered through this lower end department store. Let me tell you, there is nothing in the world like it. A bunch of cheap crap looks like cheap crap ona good day. But go in at 7 am to watch hundreds of huge wild women with uncombed hair wearing sweat pants and leggings fight over the last cheap item on sale ----- it's just enough to make me want a drink.

Then, I WAS FARTED ON. Yes, farted on. Standing at the Marshall Field's Shoe dept beside an elderly lady. She smelled really good and I was just about to comment on her perfume. Then she turned to walk away and accidentally let a huge one go. Did she keep going. No. She said "woa now better back it up." then she proceeded to fart 6 more times. She was neither quiet nor shy about it.

So, since I was farted on at the altar of shoe, I felt that I deserved a ttrip to the MAC counter for a mini makeover and I also had earned a new hat.

ahhhh.

gini
11-28-2003, 02:00 PM
I am so sorry that you have had a bad day so far.

But your post is just hysterical!

You deserve a triple whatever you want!!

(the radio said that a huge outlet mall HERE was completely filled with no parking available at SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!)

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 02:20 PM
lol triple?

YOU GOT IT!!!!

DONE...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by gini

(the radio said that a huge outlet mall HERE was completely filled with no parking available at SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!) This is something that is beyond my scope of understanding. I can not understand the thrill of being crushed to death in the mall. Any money saved is lost on medical bills from being squished!!! From now until after the first of the year, I just go for the essentials (cat food and kitty litter and such), and only early in the morning, during the week when everyone else is at work. Drinks for everyone who braved the mob and survived. :eek: :D

Randi
11-28-2003, 02:44 PM
From now until after the first of the year, I just go for the essentials (cat food and kitty litter and such), and only early in the morning, during the week when everyone else is at work:eek: :D
Moff! That's the way to do it! :D

Bartender, I'd just like a pot of Earl Grey this evening, please! :)

Hope you all got stuffed for Thanksgiving! :D (I went training on the nasty machines. :eek: )

2kitties
11-28-2003, 03:08 PM
The worst part is that I didn't save a dime. They advertise these huge sales but they are for silly things you'd never buy in the first place. All the things you want are either regular price or only $5-$10 off. Next year, I'm just going on my regular shopping outings. No more of this madness.

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 03:15 PM
a round for the house.

and a Pot of Earl Grey...

Done!

oh, and air freshner for the old women at the mall....

LOL,

I have a story..

I would drag around the old office with just my socks on....there was a woman who hated me and went to my boss to tell her I didn't have shoes on.....of course my boss had to counsel me on my
'bare feet'...

A few days later the 'hateful one' walked my my desk to show me that SHE could walk around the office with no shoes on....to make sure I saw her without the proper footwear she walked over to the shelves, bent over and to her horror, let loose...

I literally started to choke that's how hard i was laughing.....ii got up and ran out of the area...

after that, until the day she retired, I could not look at her with out giggling...

Corinna
11-28-2003, 03:40 PM
I Had to go to Wally world today my coffee pot burned out . Yikes grouchy hubby no coffee. It wasn't to bad at 9am. No farting old ladies!!!!! Then decided I needed a new desk chair so off to office max. Great deal on a leather roller chair after all rebates only $19.00 for a $99 one. So I'm cozaly listening to John Denver and the Muppets christmas. Sipping tea and Listening to you all.
Waiting for daughter to come get her brother for the night and SHOPPING. Hubby and I alone YAHOOOOO I'm calling and having dinner delivered Pj's and aI got Bruce almighty for a movie. HaAAA

2kitties
11-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Corrinna, your night sounds perfect. In fact, it sounds exactly like the one I have planned.

zippy-kat
11-28-2003, 04:09 PM
*YaWn*

Coffee...decaf, please. I've yet to go to bed! :eek:

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
*YaWn*

Coffee...decaf, please. I've yet to go to bed! :eek:

decaf coming right up!

Stand up and stretch.....

DONE!

speaking about perfect evenings...
I am going to finish the Matrix, load up Matrix II
and have a few drinks.......:D A little pizza and boom! I'll fall asleep in the chair and wake up with a cat in my lap about 3 a.m.

zippy-kat
11-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Oh yeah... my evenin' plans....

Change into PJs asap (or asap after the orkin guy leaves)
Feed the kissie monster
Doctor the sickie bunnie :(
Finish the Christmas Cards (5 left)
Then crash....

2Kitties... I'm so sorry your mornin' stunk (literally) but it really was humorous!

Can I gloat? Mom and I braved the Wal-Mart crowd early this mornin'.... in and out in 13 minutes! I think that was a record. (And yes, we bought something. lol)

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 04:30 PM

Can I gloat? Mom and I braved the Wal-Mart crowd early this mornin'.... in and out in 13 minutes! I think that was a record. (And yes, we bought something. lol)

Walking into the store and buying a package of gum don't count;)

You have to walk past at least 4 aisles.....:eek:

zippy-kat
11-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Walking into the store and buying a package of gum don't count;)

You have to walk past at least 4 aisles.....:eek:

Heyyy... I can do better than 4 aisles... we went all the way to the back (electronics)!

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Heyyy... I can do better than 4 aisles... we went all the way to the back (electronics)! new world's record!!!

catland
11-29-2003, 12:28 AM
We braved the stores at 5:00am. Hey - it's half priced socks day at Freddy's. (those of you in the northwest know what I'm talking about;) )

So I ended up taking an afternoon nap and now I'm wide awake. Yikes.

I heard on the radio that places like Walmart were so busy and crowded that people were losing the very shoes that they were wearing..

lbaker
11-29-2003, 06:56 AM
I simply can't DO shopping malls, they make me claustrophobic. Except for the Washington DC Grand Mall with the Smithsonian museums surrounding it. Fortunately I work downtown and can do what little shopping for gifts I do at the museum gift shops. Or maybe a neighborhood book store or the little shops on antique row in Kensington. Tom was generous with his tail feather for the cats but I would NEVER try to make a nasty sweater with his feathers :eek: Maybe that nasty farting person left her sweater while walking by? ewwwwww. Perhaps a nice fire (it's VERY cold here) would freshen up the joint. And I mean joint in the kindest way :rolleyes:

mahayana
11-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Hadn't noticed that pot-bellied stove over in the corner before. I'll get some kindling and go outside and chop a little wood!

Could someone brew up a pot of Jasmine Green Tea? This pub is pretty cool; don't want anyone to catch a cold!

RICHARD
11-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Hadn't noticed that pot-bellied stove over in the corner before. I'll get some kindling and go outside and chop a little wood!

Could someone brew up a pot of Jasmine Green Tea? This pub is pretty cool; don't want anyone to catch a cold!

Maha,
jasmine green tea..

DONE!

Thanks for the chopping!
That gives me an idea......Wood for drinks...

or

Will Chop for Alcohol!!

Laurie,

did you hear about the gal that was trampled???

imagine going to shop and getting killed:eek:

the news ran a clip of women fighting in front of the store out here........

Don't drink and Shop...

lizbud
11-29-2003, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the chopping!
That gives me an idea......Wood for drinks...

or

Will Chop for Alcohol!!

If that's the case, I would love a big cup of Cocoa with lots
of mini marshmellows please. :D

Miss Meow
11-30-2003, 12:12 AM
I was out for lunch to day and the menu had a cocktail called a Flirtini! May I have one of those? I think it had vodka, champagne and pineapple juice :D

slick
11-30-2003, 12:52 AM
OK, I've just finished licking all the envelopes for the Christmas Card Exchange. My mouth tastes like a sewer. Miss Meow, that Flirtini sounds good.

Richard, any chance of rustling up one of those??

PS: I only do shopping malls when and if necessary, usually around Christmastime. I call it my S & M time. :D :D :D

lbaker
11-30-2003, 09:53 AM
When the Sadist was asked "Why do you hang out with that Masochist?" Reply? " dunno, BEATS ME"
sorry, had to be said Slick... dang, in trouble again :rolleyes:

slick
11-30-2003, 10:00 AM
When the Sadist was asked "Why do you hang out with that Masochist?" Reply? " dunno, BEATS ME"
sorry, had to be said Slick... dang, in trouble again :rolleyes:
:D :D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Too funny for first thing in the morning.....my body can't take it.

gini
11-30-2003, 11:08 AM
So much for a nice Sunday morning sleep-in. You guys are making too darn much noise.

And it still smells in here.........

I got roped into helping put up Christmas bows in our local shopping area this morning. It is chilly outside.

When I get back something nice and warm would be good to drink this morning.

I started to post about our Dog of the Day and I couldn't because it made me cry.

RICHARD
11-30-2003, 11:10 AM
:D :D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Too funny for first thing in the morning.....my body can't take it.

Liz,

hot cocoa W/mmm....

tooo lazy to spell it out.

DONE!

MM,

What is the attraction to "TINI" drinks:D ???

Flirtinis for MM and Slick...
DONE!

Laurie,

What are we gonna do with you???

Beats ME.....

:rolleyes:

captain
11-30-2003, 10:54 PM
I got roped into helping put up Christmas bows in our local shopping area this morning. It is chilly outside.

Oh Gini, :D :D

I read your post this way ........

"I got groped into helping ..........." ROTFL!!!
And then read "It is chilly outside" and had all these images in my head ............:eek:

So, I went back and read it again ...... WHEW!:o

It took me all day to finally be able to post in the DOTD thread today!

gini
12-01-2003, 12:05 AM
The bow making event ended up taking all day. Someone was in charge of counting trees. She came up with 43 when in fact there are over 100. We ran out of ribbon - rush shopping trip - and rush to make enough 18" bows for all of the trees.

But it is done, many people stopped to say thank you to us and they look very festive.

And Captain.....I didn't get groped - darn - not even once.

:D :D

Gosh, pretty soon it will be Thursday #31.

Miss Meow
12-01-2003, 01:53 AM
Oh Gini, :D :D

I read your post this way ........

"I got groped into helping ..........." ROTFL!!!
And then read "It is chilly outside" and had all these images in my head ............:eek:

So, I went back and read it again ...... WHEW!:o

It took me all day to finally be able to post in the DOTD thread today!

Michelle, do you watch Kath and Kim? The "gropable" phrase they use is now on a t-shirt! I love Kath and Kim and I believe it's been sold to the USA and Europe so our overseas friends can be horrified ;)

captain
12-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Greeaatttttttt - everyone will think WE are like Kath and Kim.

Just what I always wanted .......... :p

Miss Meow
12-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Greeaatttttttt - everyone will think WE are like Kath and Kim.

Just what I always wanted .......... :p

I believe strongly that there's a little bit of Kath and Kim in all of us :p ;)

gini
12-01-2003, 05:31 PM
I am groping for the right response.

lizbud
12-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I believe strongly that there's a little bit of Kath and Kim in all of us :p ;)

Who is Kath and Kim ? :confused: And who the heck is Paris
Hilton & why do I keep getting offers for his/her videos in my
email? Ah, life is full of questions but few answers.:D

Could I please have another Cocoa with mmmmmS ? Thanks.:)

zippy-kat
12-01-2003, 08:42 PM
And who the heck is Paris Hilton & why do I keep getting offers for his/her videos in my email?

She's the heiress to the Hilton hotel chain. Not sure on the whole story but the general gist is that she filmed herself having sex. The tapes were stolen(?) and are now being sold.

lizbud
12-01-2003, 08:46 PM
She's the heiress to the Hilton hotel chain. Not sure on the whole story but the general gist is that she filmed herself having sex. The tapes were stolen(?) and are now being sold.

Oh....:o Geeze. :o

Miss Meow
12-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Who is Kath and Kim ? :confused: And who the heck is Paris
Hilton & why do I keep getting offers for his/her videos in my
email? Ah, life is full of questions but few answers.:D

Could I please have another Cocoa with mmmmmS ? Thanks.:)

The bar isn't attended so I can make the cocoa, but the mmmmmS, I'll need a translation!

You probably don't want the Paris Hilton video in your Christmas stocking ;)

Kath and Kim is a TV series that sends up suburban Australia. It's embarrassing but very, very funny. I know the series has been sold to America, but I can't find which network.

http://www.abc.net.au/kathandkim/about.htm

captain
12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Yoooo Hooooo Lizbud - can I just say, NOT ALL AUSTRALIANS ARE LIKE KATH AND KIM .............:o

That is like thinking all Aussie males are like Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter :p

zippy-kat
12-01-2003, 09:27 PM
That is like thinking all Aussie males are like Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter :p

You mean they're not? :confused:

;) :p

Miss Meow
12-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Yoooo Hooooo Lizbud - can I just say, NOT ALL AUSTRALIANS ARE LIKE KATH AND KIM .............:o

Stop culturally cringing!!! :D

Barbara
12-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Around here we think all Australians are like Paul Hogan. This is why so many German girls travel to down under:D

Is there anything wrong with that info?

slick
12-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Around here we think all Australians are like Paul Hogan. This is why so many German girls travel to down under:D

Is there anything wrong with that info?

Yummy!!!....Paul Hogan.......he can come and visit me anytime......

2kitties
12-02-2003, 09:08 AM
I don't know about Paul Hogan, but if all Aussies are like Heath Ledger or Mel Gibson or Russel Crow--- ooh la la
rushes off to find passport!

Barbara
12-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
I don't know about Paul Hogan....

Passport ok?

slick
12-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Oh great!! Thanks Barbara, now I'll never get any work done today........:eek:

**stares at picture**

I must admit I prefer men with hair on their face, but Paul is about the only clean-shaven man I'd hang out with.

Miss Meow
12-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Yummy!!!....Paul Hogan.......he can come and visit me anytime......

I'm not a fan since he had the facelift! He now looks like a perpetually frightened hamster :)

RICHARD
12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
nice....

I go on vacation and come back to find all you women ogling
Steve, Paul and Mel.....

:rolleyes:

ME? JEALOUS?????????

:p

2kitties
12-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Passport ok?

dang. down under is a nice place to be.

RICHARD
12-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
dang. down under is a nice place to be.

THAT'S IT.....

I will not tolerate that kind of language in this place...

No, I do not normally have green eyes or skin.....

:eek:

slick
12-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Hey Richard, you're interrupting my fantasy.....

Come back you "perpetually frightened hamster". Momma will take care of you. :D :D

RICHARD
12-02-2003, 05:33 PM

Come back you "perpetually frightened hamster". Momma will take care of you. :D :D .
you have me confused with Richard Gere and it was a gerbil, NOT a hamster..

gini
12-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh dear, here comes a story.

When I was married, my husband and I were at a restaurant in Pasadena.

Who else was there? RICHARD GERE! We were just leaving the restaurant and I walked up to Richard Gere and said something to him.

When we got outside my husband asked me what I had said to him.

I told him that I had asked "IS IT TRUE?" I thought my husband was going to lose his dinner in the parking lot.

What I had really said was that I thought he was great, and no, I did not need his autograph.

Richard, if I get into trouble over this post it is entirely your fault.

slick
12-02-2003, 05:39 PM
.you have me confused with Richard Gere and it was a gerbil, NOT a hamster..
**ahem** I like you too, but really I was talking to Paul :o :o

Gini: why does poor Richard always get the blame????

RICHARD
12-02-2003, 05:49 PM

Richard, if I get into trouble over this post it is entirely your fault.

This would not be the first time a woman has followed my lead and ended up at fault.....

It was fun getting there, though...:eek:

Miss Meow
12-02-2003, 05:56 PM

Come back you "perpetually frightened hamster". Momma will take care of you. :D :D

Oh, the mental images!!! LOL! :D

Gini, you are naughty! Pssst, is Richard a babe??? ;)

mahayana
12-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I was trying to figure out what Richard Gere had to do with down under...then I remembered that Dr.T movie!:eek:

2kitties
12-02-2003, 06:00 PM
I was trying to figure out what Richard Gere had to do with down under...then i remembered that Dr.T movie!:eek: !
Bahaaaaa! ROFL. I remember that movie. It was such a cute movie until the end and I was like OH NO:eek: I did not ask for that!

lizbud
12-02-2003, 06:47 PM
The bar isn't attended so I can make the cocoa, but the mmmmmS, I'll need a translation!

You probably don't want the Paris Hilton video in your Christmas stocking ;)

Kath and Kim is a TV series that sends up suburban Australia. It's embarrassing but very, very funny. I know the series has been sold to America, but I can't find which network.

http://www.abc.net.au/kathandkim/about.htm

The mmmmmS were Marshmellows. Richard thought it was to
long to spell out.:D I checked out the Kath & Kim link and I
think the humor is mostly lost on me because of the language
differences. I did like the Horror Scopes" Your stars by Cosmic Kath & Psycho Kim".Very funny I thought. :D Haven't seen the
series on USA TV yet.

Barbara
12-03-2003, 02:50 AM
Gini, I'm glad I found someone who will be able to tell the truth. Does Richard have short legs? (Richard Gere ahm Gerbil of course). I have seen photographs which make me doubt.

If his legs aren't as long as they show them in the movies I will cancel him from my shortlist;)

gini
12-03-2003, 08:47 AM
My first post of the day can't be on Thursdays can it? Well, here I am.

Slick, I didn't mean "our Richard" - our Richard is perfect and he would never start any trouble.;)

Barbara, I am about 5' 4" - and Richard Gerbil, errrr, Gere,
was not much taller than I am. Some woman was all over him when I saw him and he was signing an autograph for her. He was being so nice to her I had to feel sorry for him.

Nice legs? Didn't any of you see the pictures of our Richard from the July BBQ? Go back and find the pictures if you want to see Legs!!

Paul had a face lift? Oh My!

slick
12-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Welcome to my fantasy....again.....

Yes, Richard Gere can visit me any time as well, but just not when Paul is around......

Richard, perfect??? I've never known any man to be perfect....but that's another story.:D

It's only Wednesday (7:40am my time) and I'm lining up outside the door waiting for the bar to open. What's wrong with me???

gini
12-03-2003, 09:46 AM

Richard, perfect??? I've never known any man to be perfect....but that's another story.:D

But this is THURSDAYS and everyone is perfect.:D