PDA

View Full Version : boomer and precious..their happiness only lasted 1 week

delidog
08-18-2001, 08:42 AM
i have just finished the a.m. paper and am so distraught...those 2 gsd dogs that found a home last week are back in doggie jail...front page pt.st.lucie news....hero dog loses new home after biting 2...apparently boomer has bitten 2 people in the first week he spent in his new home...they have been taken to acacia animal clinic...my vet!!! where they will be quarantined for ten days!!! at least they have a/c kennels...the only reason precios was taken also is because he gets too anxios when away from his brother....mr.mike morris...aforementioned director of the p-o-u-n-d...said he will try to contact gsd rescue groups...does anyone know any...i tried last week to call some in fl. but got no response...i do not know what happened...but with them both being 17.. and inseperable...i am at a loss!!!!!!i know that victoria principal called the pound last week...maybe she can still help....spencer the lion..can you find this story and post again...i am not sure how to help these guys!!!!cinder and smoke...any thoughts??????if anyone has any ideas..please advise.....the clinics num is 561-465-2447 they are on u.s.1 in ft.pierce...thanks ....the deli dog :( :confused: :( :confused: :eek:

delidog
08-18-2001, 10:52 AM
cinder and smoke ....spenser the lion....are you out there???? we need you,.....deli :eek: :( :eek: :(

Sudilar
08-18-2001, 10:53 AM
What about Best Friends?? www.bestfriends.org (http://www.bestfriends.org)

delidog
08-18-2001, 11:08 AM
thanks sudilar..i emailed them the story...deli dog

jackiesdaisy1935
08-18-2001, 12:10 PM
I think "Best Friends" may be their best chance right now. What about if we all send an e.mail to Best Friends and also if you send the article about them Spencer? The shelter will be wary to place them if they bit twice.
Poor babies.
Jackie
Sorry delidog I didn't see that you already sent them the story.

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

delidog
08-18-2001, 04:13 PM
thanks guys...i will try spencer...you are more computer savvy than i....which is why i asked for your help...you have great knowledge in animal control...and sudilar that is a great idea...if anyone can e-mail bestfriends.com...it would be appreciated...at least they have ten days....i called gsd rescue groups last week...the first time this happened and nobody called back...maybe they were all on vacation?!?!?!?!?!thanks again...i will keep you updated ;) ;) ;) ;) i feel better just knowing you guys are out there!!! :D :D :D

Daisy's Mom
08-18-2001, 11:46 PM
Not again! That's horrible! I hope they are adopted again ASAP... to their forever home, this time!

delidog
08-19-2001, 06:33 AM
hi guys!!! best friends answered me last night...they said that they are aware of the situation....but they said that the facility holding them should contact them...i am not sure who that is....the vet clinic i do not see contacting anyone....i guess i need to find out how to contact mr. mike morris...aforementioned director of the st.lucie pound....any ideas how i would do that other than by phone...maybe best friends would know how!!!i will keep trying....deli dog....p.s. best friends sounds really nice...very professional :)

tatsxxx11
08-19-2001, 09:17 AM
Dear Deli...Best Friends is a truly special organization. If Boomer and Precious could get a paw in the door there, they would almost certainly be guaranteed a life of peace, loving care, and each other. You and Spencer, and all who responded are so wonderful to try and help these kids. Thank you so much. Sorry I was late getting into the thread. As usual, we can always count on Spencer and Phred to come through. All paws crossed here that your efforts will be successful. Boomer and Precious are in my heart and prayers. Sandra

delidog
08-19-2001, 09:48 AM
thanks sandra and everyone else...i have spent this morning sending their story to the today show,newspapers,local t.v. stations and several gsd rescue groups....i guess that all i can do is wait...they have 8 days left.....the deli dog ;)

delidog
08-19-2001, 07:20 PM
spencer are you out there????? deli dog

delidog
08-19-2001, 08:10 PM
spencer and phred need you guys now!!!!!!!delli

delidog
08-20-2001, 06:45 AM
sorry spencer...do you mean that you too must earn a living ..like myself?????i am not familiar with the dog hater...other than some silly child who wrote a nasty note to potd...i wrote to best friends.com,msnbc.com..then went to the today show....i went to the site jackie suggested on gsd rescue...clicked to fl. and answered to those that were highlighted...3 in all,i went to wptv.com...local news tv,and newspaper...and went to their "contact us" banner,i also went to petfinder.org....the pound director is mr.mike morris...it is the st.lucie co. pound.....as opposed to the martin co....and since i am in contact with dogsandcatsforever.com...i also wrote to them....as you say there is strength in numbers...so if anyone has the time to send a quick note of support...it would be greatly appreciated....i do not know who the pound answers to...i would imagine the city or county...st.lucie,co.fl....they are located in ft.pierce,fl....the local news ran their story again this a.m....at least the awareness is out there.....thanks again for all your help and support....deli dog

Sudilar
08-20-2001, 09:52 AM
I tried Best Friends, but no reply.I know you said that they need to hear from the shelter themselves. I will attempt some of the above listed addresses.

Gio
08-20-2001, 10:43 AM
I really wish I could do something to help. The only thing I can do is to pray that they will find another home soon!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-20-2001, 10:48 AM
I would love to send some people some e-mail about Boomer and Precious. However, I really do not know what to tell them. What are we asking for? I would love to help. I could even get in touch with more media.

Sudilar
08-20-2001, 12:21 PM
Got an answer from Best Friends:

Thank you for trying to help out these dogs. What a hectic past few months
they've had! We have contacted the animal control office responsible for the
dogs' care (and possible placement). Due to the incidents of aggression, the
dogs will not be released into a private home- only to a rescue group. They
are looking into various options. We have offered to help with the dogs and
they know how to reach us. Nothing can/will happen immediately, since the
dogs have to remain in quarantine for another week or so. But we have made
ourselves available. Hopefully something will work out for these guys.

Thank you,
Karen Green
Animal Help
Best Friends
[email protected]

Sudilar
08-20-2001, 12:34 PM
Next I will try to contact Mr. Morris and push him to call Best Friends who have already contacted him. The ball will be in his court.
(Having trouble finding him.)

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

jackiesdaisy1935
08-20-2001, 01:52 PM
Have you checked a site called http://www.dogsandcatsforever.com
It is supposed to be located in Port St. Lucie and a no kill center which they say no dog will be euthanized that they would have a home forever.
Maybe someone already mentioned this site, I don't know.
Jackie

Spencer, I was checking for an address to mail a letter and you are right, fancy website, but nothing about animal shelter or humane society.

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Daisy's Mom
08-20-2001, 05:34 PM
I want to thank everyone for all their work in helping Boomer and Precious! I am going to start sending out some letters as well.

delidog
08-21-2001, 04:25 AM
thanks again to all!!!!!! i was sick as a dog yesterday...excuse the pun!!! i think it was my nerves over this whole issue.....excluding you guys on p.o.t.d. talk...it seems like everyone has given up around here..(meaning my surrounding area)for those trying to contact mr. mike morris good luck....i have been in contact with dogs and cats forever since this whole fiasco started...i believe that thay would take the dogs if all else fails... i know they had a call from a guy in texas that offered to fly the dogs to his ranch,also,someone in n.y.state,and someone in minnesota... i guess that my biggest fear is that if the media is not all over this will they know to call back...i think all but one was a retirement/rescue organizations...again thank you for all your efforts...i know that we all have other lives to lead,but by you guys just typing a few short notes...that might be their saving grace...also...other than best friends i have heard nothing....as you say...nothing listed for the pound...the only thing i have is that it is located at 100 savannah rd.ft.pierce fl.561-461-0687...i am going to go to www.cityofpsl.com (http://www.cityofpsl.com) and see what i can find..........again big thank you to all....the deli dog

delidog
08-21-2001, 08:04 AM
spencer... how right you are!!!!!!i have still not heard from anybody except best friends....will keep you posted..deli dog :)

Sudilar
08-21-2001, 09:18 AM
Could not find Mr. Morris. If you find a way, let me know. Best Friends said that all they have to do is contact them and they know the number.

delidog
08-21-2001, 10:19 AM
i am going out to dogs and cats forever right now...see what info i can gather....i will let you know this evening.....they are the ones who have been in direct contact with mr.mike morris....talk at you guys later...the deli dog ;)

delidog
08-21-2001, 03:02 PM
how true spencer!!!! i just got back from dogs and cats forever...unfortunatly only the caretaker roger was there...i am going again tomorrow a.m.....he said he thought that they had again offered to take them...since the bite case...as you say other than rescue groups i don't know where else they can go....still have heard not a peep from fl. gsd rescue organizations...i thought that they would at least respond with a yeah or a nay!!!...well if nothing else...i am now an official volunteer at d&cforever...i bring my paperwork back tomorrow....you know letting them know that their is not an axe murderer in my immediate family!! :D i have been wanting to do this for a long time...i am scared to volunteer at the shelter...i don't know if i could handle working with a dog or cat one week and them being gone the next...(i don't mean to loving homes either)..so i admit i am a coward...but d&c forever has dogs and cats that have been there since birth...spencer you would love the cat wing....4 fenced play areas...(a long porch seperated and then meshed and roofed) so all cats can go in and out as they please..and the dogs are all healthy and as happy as can be...they have fenced sleep areas...but they all get playtime out of their cages....so maybe some good has come of this terrible situation...i know that i cannot save them all....but a girl can try can't she?!?!?!please let me know if anyone hears anything back.....thanks again...the deli dog :)

Daisy's Mom
08-22-2001, 12:25 PM
Wow, nicely done, Spencer! I will start my emailing :)

delidog
08-22-2001, 04:34 PM
thanks spencer and daisy....those are the groups i pulled and i emailed all those with an address...still no response from any...i did this last sat.or sun...maybe if they get more e-mails??? i will try to leave more phone messages....same with tcpalm.com...and just so you can appreciate...i spent this a.m. assisting in giving cats their shots and worming medicine...now i know where spencer "THE LION" comes from....a trip to the vet!!!!!!d&c forever are still seeing if a gsd rescue will take boomer and precious...they really are overrun....and short of funds...but if worst comes to worst...i think that they still will take...please let me know if anyone answers you....thanks again, deli dog :)

Sudilar
08-22-2001, 07:28 PM
Best Friends said that they would take them, but they have to be contacted. How do we get those who have the dogs to contact Best Friends?

delidog
08-22-2001, 08:03 PM
contact acacia animal clinic.....dr.finch....that is where they are the phone is 561-465-2447 that is where they are...please help them!!!!!!! ;)

delidog
09-03-2001, 05:16 AM
spencer and everyone else, i have unfortunatly no info on boomer and precious.....they are not at dogs and cats forever...i was out there yesterday...though they offered to take them....it was as a last resort...as they are over run with animals....and had another dog tied to their fence yesterday....we called acacia animal clinic last week....and they said the dogs would not be put to sleep...but wouldn't say where they were going....i am afraid after the bite incident...people seemed to loose interest in them...i will try calling again on tues....after the holiday....deli dog

delidog
09-03-2001, 06:11 AM
;) :)

Sudilar
09-03-2001, 03:10 PM
Thanks for checking! Please keep us posted!

delidog
09-03-2001, 05:49 PM
unfortunatly,i couldn't reach anybody today...labor day...all answering machines were on...will try tomorrow...the deli dog

jackiesdaisy1935
09-03-2001, 05:56 PM
Just hoping and praying they will be in a safe place.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
09-04-2001, 03:40 PM
Daisy and I also pray that they are in a loving home now. Please keep us posted, and thanks for allyour work, delidoh!

delidog
09-04-2001, 07:44 PM
omly got answering machines today!!!!!!could not get an answer!!!!!!! the deli dog!!!!!!

Logan
09-06-2001, 10:20 PM
Anyone heard any updates this week on these two? :( I keep looking and wondering.

delidog
09-07-2001, 06:17 PM
they are o.k....read my post!!! deli ;)