PDA

View Full Version : Nellie News...

bisi.cat
11-26-2003, 04:14 AM
...I know we haven't been around here too much in the recent time...
Nellie has been quite ill and I was worried about her recovery, so I spent more time with her than with the internet.
Somehow she has shredded all the claws on her hind paws and unfortunately (as for having the flu myself) it took me some days to find out what was wrong with her...
We rushed to the vet and she was treated...I got a lampshade that she had to wear for two days...that was hell for her and didn't help much as we found out that she could still lick her paws...we watched her very carefully and we put camomille tea on her feet, which helped her a lot...While she was confined to the indoors, we spent a lot of time cuddling together and sewing blankies for the shelter cats...here Nellie is testing the quality of the blankets:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p8bf31e0f4ad99e8ca048d581ec223351/fa765d7e.jpg
After being confined to the indoors for over a week (that was hell, too!) she is now allowed to take her daily strolls in the
garden again...it will take still some time until the claws will be grown back again, but she's now happy...

Doesn't her paws look yummy again?!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/pa28694d8be0d3d8b97349bc689e0db77/fa765d7d.jpg

Barbara
11-26-2003, 04:17 AM
Oh Nellie, we missed you already.

Bisi, I didn't understand fully? How did she do that? By herself ? Kind of too much mail biting? Or was it an accident outside?

However Nellie we are happy to hear that the camomile tea helped and that your paws look raspberry like again:)

bisi.cat
11-26-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

Bisi, I didn't understand fully? How did she do that? By herself ? Kind of too much mail biting? Or was it an accident outside?

Oh if only she could talk...we have no clue about how it happened...according to the vet she must have slipped down a tree or something like that...this will remain one of Nellie's secrets...
But I do hope she has learned from this and will never ever do so again!!!

jenluckenbach
11-26-2003, 05:04 AM
OH, poor, sweet Nellie, I am sorry your little feet hurt you. But it is good to know that you are healed now. Please be more careful in the future. :) Glad you are back at pet talk.

Kirsten
11-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Oh, poor poor Nellie!!!! :( I'm glad she's doing better now! What a hard time for you and her! Poor baby!

Yes, if she only could talk... I've heard of injuries like that when a cat is chased by someone and tries to run up or down a wall or tree... poor girl!

Anyway, good to hear she's alright! And yes, she has the cutest paws! :)

Kirsten

Vio&Juni
11-26-2003, 09:37 AM
Poor Nellie :( I am glad that she's ok again :)

catmandu
11-26-2003, 09:42 AM
The Found cats are praying for Nellie , and for her feet to heal , and that she will no longer be in pain , Found Cats salute : MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW!

Lallypop11
11-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Awwwww, poor baby, I'm glad she had you to nurse her back to health and be with her. :)

Are the beds you are making for the shelter kitties for Christmas? That is such a sweet and caring thing to do, what a great idea. I am trying to figure out what to do for our humane society this year as well.

Thanks for the news, I like hearing stories with happy endings. :D

catlover4ever
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Oh Nellie, you poor baby. The Chartier Furbabies and I are sending heartfelt lovings your way. We are so glad to see that you are feeling better.

P.S. you sure do make a wonderful blanket tester.;)

jazzcat
11-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Oh poor Nellie, bless her heart!!

I wondered where you were and now I know- hope you are feeling better too. I know you are taking good care of sweet Nellie and I hope we see you back here more often now.

I think the blankets are a wonderful thing to do too. How nice of you and Nellie to help the shelter kitties.

RedHedd
11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Oh Nellie! Poor baby! That sounds like it HURT a lot! So glad your pawsies are healing. Now for that blanket testing job (see other thread), each blanket should have one of those "inspected & approved by ...." stickers with your little pawprint on it! :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-26-2003, 12:35 PM
Dear Quality Inspector #1,

So glad to see you back Nellie! Is there anything worse than aching feet?!?!? Perhaps some galoshes would be a good idea?

Miss Meow
11-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Oh, no! I saw your thread and realised that I hadn't seen you for a while. I'm sorry it's because Nellie was so ill.

I'm glad she's feeling better now :D

ChrisH
11-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Poor Nellie. I am glad to read she is feeling better now.:)

I hope you are fully recovered too?

CatDad
11-26-2003, 08:53 PM
All people should have a kitty to test the softness of there blankets.:D Especially one that cute.;)

I am so sorry to hear about her little paws, but I am glad that they are better now. Same for you, being sick is not fun.

Glad to see you are back.:)

bisi.cat
11-27-2003, 02:18 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome back here at PT!!!
Nellie smiles from one ear to the other because of all the kind wishes and she promised you all never to do that "shred claw stuff" again...;)

As for the blankets, I am permantley sewing them and as soon as I've collected enough I'll send them to the shelter (there are currently 170 cats there, so a lot of blankets are needed)...this time they are made of old towels filled with quilting material...I always try to find less expensive materials and I am collecting this stuff in the neighborhood, family and friends and on sale outs...

It's fun to sew and it's even more fun to sew for all those wonderful cats!!!:)
This is the cat shelter we're sewing for: (some pics)
http://www.katzenschutzverein.de/02_verein/02_unser_katzenheim/index.html

Kirsten
11-27-2003, 04:07 AM
Oh, that's wonderful what you're doing! :) And it looks like a nice place. "Geburtsstation, Mutter-Kind-Station" and "Teenager-Trakt".... that sounds sooo sweet! :) *melt* They seem to do a lot for the cats.

Unfortunately, our local animal shelter is run by a woman nobody can work with, so all volunteers quit sooner or later. :(

Kirsten