PDA

View Full Version : Laws today...

wolfsoul
11-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like whenever someone does something really bad, the courts are very lenient, and whenever someone does nothing wrong at all, the courts take away all their money?

My socials teacher was reading out a few of the Darwin Awards today. One of them said this....

A man got $140,000 when he sued his next door neighbor. He claimed his neighbor's dog beagle had bit his behind. So, the court awarded him the 140,000, but didn't give him the rest of the money he would have gotten because they thought the dog was a "little provoked." Um, the guy jumps the fence, shoots the dog dozens of times with a pellet gun, gets a little bite on his bum, and is awarded 140,000 dollars?!?! If I were the owner, I'd sue this guy for shooting my dog!

Corinna
11-26-2003, 12:22 AM
My toughts exactly Maybe the owner should have bit him.

wolf_Q
11-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Since the Darwin Awards is something that goes around on the internet, I'm not sure how true it really is...

moosmom
11-26-2003, 09:44 AM
I've worked for lawyers for over 12 years and I learned that the laws are made for the criminals.

There is a case in Connecticut where a woman tortured and killed her roommate's cat for revenge. Her case has been pending for OVER a year and it still hasn't gone to trial. Rumor has it that her uncle, a State Rep. has his hand in delaying the trial in an effort to get rid of all the media attention. You see, there were hundreds of animal rights groups, the rescue group where this precious cat came from (he was a formerly feral cat who found a loving home), and of course, PETA at every single hearing. Thousands of letters demanding she do 5 years in jail and pay a $5,000 fine have been sent to the DA's office.

So now you can see how the system protects the criminals.