PDA

View Full Version : Horrible situation in Arkansas....write letters maybe?

mugsy
11-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Here is the link to that horrible situation that I posted about a few months ago about the hundreds of dogs in Arkansas. I just talked to Kim and the guy is STILL in business. The authorities can't nail him (why I don't know). This is the guy that has the hundreds of dogs that have either been bred or stolen and they are then sold to research facilities.

http://www.lcanimal.org/invest/baird.htm

Tonya
11-26-2003, 06:25 PM
I cannot believe that people do such a thing. That is horrible.

Twisterdog
11-26-2003, 10:07 PM
I didn't look at the pictures or watch the video - I don't want to have nightmares tonight. So, I don't know the specifics of this case.

Sadly, there is nothing illegal about breeding or buying dogs for research facilities. There are dozens upon dozens of kennels in the US breeding beagles, solely for use in research facilities, universities, etc. A Class B dealer is performing a perfectly legal, albeit horrid IMO, business function. That is why you should never, never offer a dog "free to a good home." Free dogs end up at research facilities.

If he is severely abusing or neglecting the animals, then he could be charged for that. But his "job" is perfectly legal. And, because of where these poor dogs are going to end up and what they are going to be put though, authorities are more lenient in the definition of abuse than they would be normally.

A horrible situation, to be sure.

mugsy
11-27-2003, 03:38 AM
He is neglecting them horribly. When I transported James, he was pathetically thin and scared to death. Also, this guy doesn't just breed them or take free dogs, he helps himself to dogs from people's backyards. There is a special place in hell for this guy (I hope).

dukedogsmom
11-27-2003, 06:50 AM
There's a special place in hell for all those involved in this and I'd LOVE to be the one to put them there! Those pics made me sick to my stomach and I didn't dare look at the video. I'll be sending my letter to them. I'm going to do snail mail as I think that would be more effective.

mugsy
11-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks!! They can use all the help they can get. Kim is working SO hard to get them to nail this piece of dirt (an insult to dirt everywhere).

wolfsoul
11-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Sadly, there is nothing illegal about breeding or buying dogs for research facilities.
I thought that it was only legal to test on rats, mice, and birds? Or is that only in Canada? :confused:

I really hope they can nail this guy. These poor animals are in terrible conditions. :(

Twisterdog
11-29-2003, 12:05 AM
I thought that it was only legal to test on rats, mice, and birds? Or is that only in Canada?

I don't know about Canada. In the USA, I don't know that there are ANY regulations like that. Dogs, cats, monkeys, anything ... is fair game.

:(