PDA

View Full Version : For future referance...If only I would have known...

iceyshiver21
11-25-2003, 04:26 PM
As I was reading my Dog Fancy today, I read an Artical on Parvo. As a few of you know I lost a puppy to parvo last year. We tried everthing to save him. But Parvo is a very deadly dieses in pups. :cry: I looked for information every where from the moment we found out. I found NOTHING! The vet said just to make sure we kept fluids in him and hope for the best, and he gave him a shot and us some vitamin stuff. No I find out that there somthing else I could have done to save him. By feeding him pediasure which is filled with electrolytes. It could have saved him. If only I had known...so I guess I posted this so everyone else knew for future referance.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pa247381f0f02a3d81156036fd61853a4/fc79185f.jpg

cali
11-25-2003, 07:02 PM
colidial silver is good to, it has saved a few dogs lives from parvo, as well as prevents it, AND its completly natural :D

sorry about your pup though:(

sabies
11-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks for sharing the information. Sorry you found it late :(

Tonya
11-25-2003, 11:46 PM
I am sorry about your loss, but don't feel to bad. We saved a dog from parvo through IV's. He never was the same again. He was always sickly and sore.

robinh
11-26-2003, 08:34 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I do know some of how you're feeling. We had a puppy get Parvo before we got Peach. Our vet did everything he could-every known treatment-but he couldn't save her. He said it was one of the horrible diseases he knew of.

Before they would let us get Peach, she had to be vaccinated 4 times and we had to wash everything the puppy came in contact with bleach - even the yard. It worked, Peach came home healthy and lived about 12 years, but losing Star was about the worst thing.

Samantha Puppy
11-26-2003, 08:36 AM
What is Parvo??? It sounds horrible!