PDA

View Full Version : Singin' the Blues

Prairie Purrs
11-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Now, I don't have the best singing voice around, but I'm not completely tone deaf. So why is it that Kacey hates to hear me sing?

I was fixing some lunch and singing "Sunrise, Sunset" (blame the "Fiddler on the Roof" thread in General for that :D ), when Kacey dashed into the kitchen and started circling anxiously and yowling. He always does this when I sing. I don't think he's trying to harmonize--instead, he seems to be concerned for my welfare.

Anyone else have a cat who thinks singing is evil? :eek:

Twink
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Not singing, exactly, but when my husband starts playing around with his harmonica, Rizzo puts on quite a concert of his own! In this particular case, I think Rizz is just displaying that he has a good ear. ;)

CatDad
11-25-2003, 08:25 PM
I sing to Bob and Joey every now and again when we are loving. However, I don't really get a reaction.

I am not sure if that is good or bad.:confused:

iloverat
11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Weird that this shoud come up tonight. Just this afternoon I was singing "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music. Pretty goofy, I know :rolleyes: Well, anyway, when I got to the line "when the dog bites", Briggs gave me major airplane ears :D Her reaction was so on cue I was just astonished :eek: and stopped singing altogether. I do believe that was her intention all along. MUST... SHUT...HER...UP!!!!!! :)

rg_girlca
11-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Yup, my Katie girl will grab my arm and start meowing at me when i'm singing. I think she is trying to tell me not to give up my day job.

catmandu
11-26-2003, 09:49 AM
It is the warmth in your voice that your Cats respond to , not whether or not you hit a few clinkers! Cats love to hear you sing , because they think that you are singing to them!