PDA

View Full Version : The Russian Queen

Russian Blue
11-25-2003, 03:07 PM
I laugh everytime I see these pictures. Can't you just imagine a crown on her head waiting for her loyal subjects to serve her every whim? Oh wait, I already do that! :rolleyes:

She has such a regal presence here. As you can tell from her appearance, she has a tough life! ;)

Queen Nakita (being held by one of her loyal subjects)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p14884aedc04205adb5055e21cd48c05a/fa778447.jpg

We are building a new scratching post for her in the background. That's why there is a construction tube behind her!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p1143b8331b1cebcc40ea3b0aab6941b9/fa778442.jpg

Twink
11-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Goodness, she's beautiful! I have this sudden urge to bow!

Is it me, or does she look smug in that first picture? She's not just saying, "I'm Queen here," she's saying, "I'm Queen here, heh heh heh..."

Well, I don't care if she is Queen. I still want to snuggle her and rub her earsies!

Edwina's Secretary
11-25-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm pleased to see her subject wears clothing to match her highness' silken fur!

Lallypop11
11-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Wow, she is gorgeous, I'm glad she has you to "serve" her properly! Haha. All cats are princesses and princes in their own way, I love it! We definitely "serve" Priss in our house, she has us wrapped around her paw! Thanks for sharing! :D

Prairie Purrs
11-25-2003, 03:33 PM
It's good to be the queen. ;)

ramanth
11-25-2003, 03:35 PM
I cannot get over how green her eyes are! :eek: :D Gorgeous!

Miss Meow
11-25-2003, 03:49 PM
She's the most beautiful cat in the kingdom! I think a crown would only detract from her eyes :D

ChrisH
11-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Oh, she is so beautiful! :) And that smile, talk about the Mona Lisa! If Leonardo was still around I am sure he would want to capture the Nakita smile on canvas too. :D

sirrahbed
11-25-2003, 05:00 PM
Now THAT is a queenly pose if I have ever seen one! FABULOUS!! She really is a gorgeous and regal cat. Are her eyes really that greenish turquoise as they appear in pictures?? I am glad you also include "Nakita the Goofy" to bring her back to earth:D :D

Steffi N
11-25-2003, 05:11 PM
O, beautiful queen Nakita, may I offer you head skritchies and nosekissies. :)
Enjoy your new scratching post.

bluekat
11-25-2003, 05:13 PM
*bows down*;)

Nakita, you are GORGEOUS!!! I love your eyes too, and your fur looks so silky and soft!:D

Russian Blue
11-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Are her eyes really that greenish turquoise as they appear in pictures?? :D

Here's a pic of her eyes earlier this summer. Her eyes have now lost the yellow and are a pure emerald green.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/pfa8420b8b034f11999f6b88a4f9509b6/fa770fb8.jpg

catnapper
11-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Those eyes! She's mesmorizing all of us!

What a beauy!

iloverat
11-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Oh, my goodness...... She is absolutley gorgeous!!!!

CatDad
11-25-2003, 09:20 PM
It was really nice of her subject to wear a matching shirt.:D

She is such a regal lady. I love the first picture with her paws crossed. She really looks the queen.

I hope she enjoys the new kitty tree.:)

Since I cannot pay homage to her in person, would you mind giving her some love for me.:) Thanks!

rg_girlca
11-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Awww Nakita, gorgeous as ever. That first picture is just priceless.

A new scratching post, fit for a Queen. How delightful.

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Nakita, you are more gorgeous each time I see you.:) She knows that's she's Queen of the Castle. :)

shais_mom
11-26-2003, 12:24 AM
she is gorgeous!!
all hail the queen!!! :)

jazzcat
11-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Nakita you are so beautiful. I'm always in awe when I see your pictures.

bisi.cat
11-26-2003, 04:17 AM
Beautiful Nakita!!!
You really deserve the royal treatment!!!
:) :) :)
I love the way how she has her front paws crossed in the picture...that looks really so regal!!!

Barbara
11-26-2003, 04:27 AM
AAAwwww Czarina Nakita,
your green eyes make me swoon:)

I feel hypnotized and convert to monarchy:)

Vio&Juni
11-26-2003, 06:38 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/pfa8420b8b034f11999f6b88a4f9509b6/fa770fb8.jpg

Oh My God!!! I never cease to be surprised of HOW BEAUTIFUL she is!

There must be a law to make you post pictures of her everyday for us :)

catlover4ever
11-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Queen Nakita you are simply stunning. I think you have very loyal subjects.

Tonya
11-26-2003, 07:48 AM
Wow! I am speechless. I have never seen eyes like that. She is so beautiful. You should post more pictures!

catmandu
11-26-2003, 09:35 AM
She is so pretty , that even JJJ3 is tempted, but he loves his Edwina. But Nugget and Michael have fallen in LOVE!

Lallypop11
11-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Long live the queen! :D

I don't know much about Russian Blues, what are the characteristics of their personality? Obviously royal from your pictures, but what else? I am interested to know Nakita's personality :D

Russian Blue
11-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Lallypop11
I don't know much about Russian Blues, what are the characteristics of their personality?

Here are some links for a more comprehensive look at the breed:

Cat Fancier - RB (http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/russian.html)

The following paragraph is taken from this website. It's a perfect description of Nakita's appearance & personality:
RB Description (http://www.tica.org/breeds/rbprofile.htm)

"The Russian Blue actually feels like a silk scarf. If you were to close your eyes and run your hands over a silk scarf that is what a Russian Blue should feel like. They have a thick double coat that is so plush you want to just sink your hands into it. Once you put your hands in that fur you can better understand how the story arose of hunting these cats for their pelts. This thick coat will make the Russian Blue look stockier or heavier then they actually are. Under all that fur is a fine boned elegant cat.

As an adult the Russian Blue will have beautiful emerald green eyes. Their eyes start out as blue at birth then change to yellow, by four months they should have a definite green ring and by eight months the eyes should be completely green. Although, the depth of color may continue to darken over the next year or so. If you think of the "Cheshire Cat" that’s the smile you will find on the face of a Russian Blue. They always appear quite pleased with themselves. As for the soft sweet voices, that does not apply at dinner time. The Russian Blue has a reputation as the "silent breed", I don’t find that to be true. They do have a distinct gentle voice, however, I’ve found that if you are willing to hold an intelligent conversation with your Russian Blue he/she will hold up their end of the conversation."

There is a difference in the Russian Blue breed between Europe, Australia, and North America. It seems that the European and Austrailian Russian Blue's are a heavier and more muscular cat.

Nakita is curious, but not destructive. She is friendly, playful, intelligent and almost willing to please. She will have you wrapped around your heart in an instant! She also chirps and moans more than meows. So this is the first cat that actually does that. Plus she loves to ride on your shoulder.

Nakita can be demanding if she wants something, but not to the degree of the Siamese. She's not necessarily a lap cat, but wants to be in your presence and she loves to be held. You know when you go to burp a baby? That is how Nakita likes to be held, almost 'thrown' over your shoulder with half her body on either side of your shoulder.

There is absolutely nothing I would change about her. To me she is the perfect cat, and even though she is tiny (5 pounds) her personality makes up for her small stature!

Nakita is purebred, but pet quality. But between you and me, I think she's much better looking than some of the full show cat Russian Blue's I have seen! But then again, I think I am a little biased! ;)

I could go on forever taking about Nakita, but I'll stop there.

:rolleyes: ;)

Thanks everyone for all your nice comments!! :)

Lallypop11
11-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all the info! Nakita's personality is definitley conveyed in the picture you sent, sounds like a wonderful breed, and I can see why you are so proud of her. :D I would definitely consider a Russian Blue in the future.

My baby girl Priss is a petite little girl of about 5-6 lbs as well, she is a princess too. She isn't really a lap cat unless her Daddy is around and she's in the mood. Last night she was continually sitting on him and looking at me like "he's mine." Although a little clumsy and spacey after a concusion before we adopted her, she is quite the queen of the castle and has that presence that demands you pay attention to her, she usually just likes to be around us though.

Here is a picture of her looking bossy:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p64615f54981a281e35e75ce608b5c888/fa75bc95.jpg

We call that black band around her neck her "necklace"