PDA

View Full Version : first kiss

Glacier
11-25-2003, 01:24 PM
I know that for most dogs this would not mean a thing, but for Pacer it's huge.

Pacer is our newest foster dog. He's been with us for close to a month now, after spending a year in the shelter. He's extremely timid, but rapidly coming out of his shell. He spends his nights in our porch for a number of reasons--he has no coat yet and it's bloody cold here, I don't fully trust him with the cats yet and it doesn't matter if he pees in there (although, he hasn't had an accident yet!)

Anyhoo, this morning, I went into the porch to take him outside and he leapt up and starting doing a full body wag--unusual in and of itself as this is not a happy dog. Then as I was giving him his morning lovings, he LICKED me! My first Pacer kiss...actually I think the first kiss Pacer has ever given anyone!
:D :D :D

lovemyshiba
11-25-2003, 01:25 PM
A Pacer kiss!!!
Sounds like he is loving his new home!!!

Great news!!!!

Samantha Puppy
11-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Awwww... :) Way to go, Pacer!! He's so happy he finally found a good home and is being taken care of... :) Next step, being trusted enough to sleep inside off the porch!!!

anna_66
11-25-2003, 01:43 PM
I bet you were so happy when he did that, I know I would have been:D
This is just so exciting to hear!!!

mugsy
11-25-2003, 01:55 PM
How exciting!! Yeah for Pacer. He sure is pretty and it sounds like he likes his new home.

K9soul
11-25-2003, 01:55 PM
That is so precious. I'm very happy for you and Pacer! It is so fulfilling to win the trust and love of an animal :)

tatsxxx11
11-25-2003, 03:07 PM
He's one smart pup, that Pacer! He knows a loving, caring, devoted human when he meets one!:) How very special that "first kiss" must have been!!!:)