PDA

View Full Version : Lost Whippet: Please help

Angels3
01-13-2002, 07:30 PM
This notice is from one of our US Tibetan Spaniel breeders who also breeds Whippets. One of her whippets is lost....please help any way you can...& please cross-post. Thank you.
Marie

LOST: 1/06/02 Update 1-12-02

REWARD for any information leading to recovery.

WHAT: Male Whippet (looks like a small greyhound), 3 years old, red brindle (tiger striped). A shelter may call this animal a "mixed-breed cross" due to the beige tiger-striped coloring and black mask (common coloring in rural mixed dogs). Not neutered. Wearing 1" orange hunting
collar with owner telephone number and tags. Microchipped. Answers to
"Dance", "Danceman", "Dancer".

WHERE: Central Kentucky - north of Georgetown/Lexington. Approximate
area is I-75 at Route 32 (exit 136), go WEST six miles. Surrounding towns Owenton,Corinth,Williamstown,Sadieville, Cynthiana. Lost in rural country, rough and hilly. Counties: Scott, Owen, Harrison, Grant, Pendleton. Area is halfway between Lexington KY and Cincinnati KY. Encompassed by I-75 north to and including Cincinnati, I-64 west and including to Louisville.

UPDATE: Thorough, multiple searches of the area (including search and rescue tracking) has not produced recovery or any sign dog is in immediate area. It is possible the animal may have been picked up and detained in surrounding counties, or transported from the immediate area along I-75 corridor.

CONTACT: If you have seen this dog, or have any information, please contact any of the following 24-hours a day:
Owner: 502-570-2328; North Elkhorn Veterinary Clinic, Georgetown KY
(24 hours) 502-570-0511
Whillo B Whippets and Tibetan Spaniels
[email protected] -- [email protected]
AKC-WRA-NOTRA-ASFA-AWC-TSCA-KUSA http://www.aiv.net/shannon/whillob -ICQ 6549518

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Angels3 ]

tatsxxx11
01-14-2002, 05:16 PM
How heartbreaking. :( I have a wondeful Whippet doggie pal named Amy; what sweet, sweet dogs. I will cross post. Praying that "Dancer" is reunited with his family very soon.

Angels3
01-15-2002, 07:49 PM
Thank you, Sandra. The owners are broken-hearted about Dancer going missing. I'll let you know if I hear any update.

Isn't 'Dancer' a lovely name for a Whippet? They're such graceful dogs...they look a bit like a ballet dancer.
Marie