PDA

View Full Version : I know now that some people...

Rio and Me
11-24-2003, 04:39 PM
are finding it hard to read/understand what im writing.
Ok ive just relised that some people are finding it hard to read what i write!
so is there are spelling checker that i can use and where is it?
Much apprceated (?sp)
Ky and Rio

Aspen and Misty
11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
write it in word then copy and paste over here. Also, writeing in full sentences. Capital letters, a subject, things like that. I don't know if you are one who does that but I know some people do which makes it really hard to read what they are saing.

Ash

Dogz
11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Yes, the big thing is that you have to write in complete sentences, and don't forget periods. Also it really helps people read what you are saying when you type a full paragraph, and then skip a line.

Hope this helps!

Rio and Me
11-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Ok the bad news is that i cant copy and paste (i dont know why, dumb computor).
so ill just have to be more carfull and use the dictionary!!!
Ky and Rio

Dogz
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
One more thing.
Don't forget to use capitalize your letters that need to be. And don't forget these! (') **I'll**

Rio and Me
11-24-2003, 05:04 PM
ok thanks!
dont feel like writing right now, but i'll keep that thought for less embarrasment.
Ky and Rio

Karen
11-24-2003, 05:25 PM
Thank you for trying to improve! :)

What kind of computer are you using, and what browser and operating system?

Rio and Me
11-24-2003, 05:33 PM
I didnt know lots were thought!
the computor is just an Emachines, useing windows xp.
Thats all I know about it really.
Ky and Rio

Samantha Puppy
11-25-2003, 09:03 AM
You can copy and paste in Windows XP. Highlight what you want to copy. Press cntrl+C. When you're ready to paste, press cntrl+V.

I would definitely suggest typing in a "draft" in Word. There are some words you use that definitely don't "fit" in your sentence. For example, "I didnt know lots were thought." Did you mean "I didn't know lots were, though"? Though and thought are two very different words.

Also, when you're taking a verb that ends in -e, like use, and conjugating it to present tense so that it requires an -ing ending, you drop the -e all together so it turns out "using" not "useing."

English was my favorite subject in school, so if you want anymore tips or pointers, feel free to ask me. :)

trayi52
11-25-2003, 10:57 AM
I, for one know how hard it is. It has been a very long time, since I was in school. I have to sit and think for awhile, trying to remember how to spell some words. I always got 100's in spelling!!!!!!
Thank you, nice people.:)
Tray

lbaker
11-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Do keep in mind that spell check will let some words by in error because some words are "real" words but can be used in the wrong context. You mentioned in one thread that you "herd" someone. That spelling means to gather as in "My dogs like to herd other animals". What you meant was "heard" as in "I heard what you said". Spell check will let "herd" pass even if it's incorrect. Some computers have Spell AND Grammer check. Try not to get frustrated, English can be a very difficult language. Some people can still get confused between too, to and two.

Samantha Puppy
11-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Not to mention your and you're, and their, there, and they're.

At least you're trying to take corrective measures... :) Kudos to that!

Rio and Me
11-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks.
It's not that I dont know how to copy and paste,its that my computor had a virus and i think its messed up some stuff, so now it won't copy and paste.
so i'll just be more carfull of what/how I write. hope its enough, :)
Ky and rio

Dogz
11-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rio and Me
Thanks.
It's not that I dont know how to copy and paste,its that my computor had a virus and i think its messed up some stuff, so now it won't copy and paste.
so i'll just be more carfull of what/how I write. hope its enough, :)
Ky and rio

I have noticed an improvment.:) Hmmm, maybe you should bring you computer in to get fixed, just in case it might get worse.