PDA

View Full Version : Peanut needs a home. A very special girl

Logan
01-07-2002, 09:14 PM
My name is Peanut and I am six months old. I am a Golden Retriever. I am as precious as can be and I don't know why my "owners" didn't take me when they moved up north. I am perfectly happy in my sweaters but they said I couldn't go with them. I hoped and hoped that I would get a new home for Christmas but it seems that no one wants a Golden that "looks" different.

I am not sick, I just have a congenital problem that makes my hair not grow. Sort of the same kind of thing that makes some men go bald. It isn't contagious and besides, lots of people think I'm cute this way. At the kennel, some very experienced handlers wanted to know what breed I was. They thought I looked adorable! Anyway, I am a good, sweet girl and I deserve a home that won't mind that I don't have lots of fluffy blonde hair. I have a Golden Heart and that is all that matters. If you would like to read about me, please go to this website:
http://www.dfwmgrc.org/rescue/available.htm

The people in rescue in Texas have been trying hard to find a home for me but so far they aren't having much luck. Can anyone help me find a forever home? I am very loving and gentle and will follow you around and I don't shed... Wuv, Peanut

I quoted this straight from the Golden Retriever website. I would post her pictures, but webshots is not cooperating with me tonight. If you want to see her, and she is beautiful in her own way, please go to the following link, click on message board, view all topics, and then look for the topic "Peanut needs a home".

http://communities.msn.com/GoldenRetriever

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Logan, I just saw Peanut's picture and she is so sweet looking. I can not believe her family just moved without even finding her a home at least! That makes me sick.

I hope Peanut finds a home soon. She deserves it. I wish I could take her in, but we all know about Drake. Please keep us updated on Peanut's search for a forever home!

Albea
01-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Logan,
I just went to the Golden board and it seems that there is some hope for sweet Peanut. Some possible adopters plus many people offering help with transportation. Lets hope she'll find her forever home soon.
I've given up asking "how can some people do anything like this, leaving a dog behind." Doing the work I do for YGRR, I hear too many similar stories :mad: As one of the members of YGRR said: "Half of the human race stinks, but there is the other half that is willing to help a dog in need."
I'll keep checking the Web site to find out how Peanut is doing and praying for her.

PJ's Mom
01-08-2002, 12:19 PM
What a sweet girl! I'm in the area, but I can't take her. :( I hope she finds a home soon. She deserves to have a family who loves her.

purrley
01-08-2002, 12:29 PM
Logan
I'm praying so hard that sweet Peanut will soon find a home - what a sweet, sweet girl and quite the conversation piece. Keep us posted on her.

mugsy
01-08-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm confused. Is there a real possibility of her being put down if someone doesn't take her? If we didn't already have 15 I would take her immediately. I will definitely keep her in my thoughts. Hopefully the possible adopters will come through.

Keep us up to date!

tatsxxx11
01-08-2002, 03:28 PM
Logan, I've been checking in on the updates. Seems there may be that forever home out there after all. We're all here keeping our paws crossed that one of the potential families interested makes it official. The folks on the golden board are truly special! And I think Peanut is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love to you precious Peanut girl!!!

slleipnir
01-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Aww, she is soo sweet looking! Poor little thing :[ I would adopt her, but 1) i don't live there, and 2)Can't have another dog right now >:[. I can see why my dad has a limit though, or i'd be bringing home ever got i saw that needed a home..I guess thats not really a good thing, but I love them all and I feel so bad for them in there little cages with no one really to love them :[ It's sad.

Theres a pet store here "Snookums" is there a snookums anywhere where you ppl live?? It's awful here! The pool dogs are living in their own filth. They seem to never change their cages! They don't have one dog there for less then 400 $'s. Even if its not pure. They make up their own breeds..like a pomeranian something..I wanted to work there so I could clean the cages, but they never got back to me. A friend told me they don't trust young ppl, and wouldn't let me clean the cages anyway

Logan
01-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Oh no, Mugsy, she will NOT be put down.

Its just that she has been in rescue for 3 months....its time for her to have her forever home. They would NEVER allow her to be put down.

I have already put myself up as a backup, just in case she doesn't find a home, but my friend, Peggy, said NO....she knows I don't need anymore, but would take her in a heartbeat.

Thanks, everyone. I will keep you posted.

Logan

Logan
01-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Peanut went HOME today....to her forever home!! :D Is that worth a cheer or what?? :D You can read all about it on the Golden Retriever site, using the link I gave you in my first post. Hurrah!!!! :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Way to go, Peanut!!! I am thrilled!!! She is SO adorable :D It broke my heart to see her picture, because I was worried no one would want her because of her unique look. I am delighted she found her forever home. She deserves it. And hurray to her owners who looked past her different appearance and saw the true beauty within Peanut.

I love happy endings :)

jackiesdaisy1935
01-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Peanut, has the most beautiful, kind face I have ever seen on a dog and thank goodness she found her forever home. I am so happy to hear the good news and we wish her well with her new family.
Jackie

Sudilar
01-12-2002, 11:09 PM
:D :D :D !

lbaker
01-13-2002, 02:28 AM
Mugsy, Logan, Jackie and all the rest...you are truly such beautiful people :) I'm very lucky to have found this site.. :D you have helped me by being there and caring...
laurie

Xena
01-13-2002, 05:37 AM
This was truly a special story and Peanut is absolutely adorable. Sorry I was late seeing this.I am so glad that she found a forever loving home. I love happy endings!
Xena :D :D

gini
01-13-2002, 11:05 AM
What a wonderful story to start a Sunday morning. I was afraid the ending of the story might not be one I would care to read. The people that have adopted Peanut must be as special as she is. She looks like a wonderful girl -one look at that face tells you. Logan, thanks for sharing.

tatsxxx11
01-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Logan, everytime I read Peanuts' letter, I start to cry. Now it's tears of joy, for this beautiful golden girl has a forever home. :) Bless you sweet Peanut. You deserve only the best in life!! May you enjoy many, many, happy, healthy years in your wonderful, loving home. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

slleipnir
01-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Yay for Peanut! She deserves a great home :] I LOVE that name peanut!! I wanted to name my next dog that for soooo long!! LOL..or pancake..thats so cute..

Albea
01-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Logan:
I've been checking the Peanut post every day and finally, today, the good news were there :D
Thanks to you, Peggy, and all the good people who came together, in one way or another, to help her that precious, very special girl has gone to a loving home. Her new mom and dad were right in looking into her soul instead of her appearance and now they will have a faithful companion to cherish forever. Bless them!!!

mugsy
01-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Logan, thanks for keeping us up to date on Peanut's progress. I am sooooo pleased she found her forever home. I hope you will continue to keep us updated from the Golden list. You are a really good person for helping her find her forever home.

Gio
01-15-2002, 05:58 AM
I'm so pleased that finally Peanut has found someone who can give her all the love she deserves!:)

Stenograsaurus
01-15-2002, 08:46 AM
HOORAY FOR PEANUT!!!! I have to tell you, I loved the look of that dog. I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her eyes. She has so much love to give and whoever adopted her gotten a very special girl!!!!!