PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary

Edwina's Secretary
11-24-2003, 10:14 AM
Dear Diary,

I continue to be very content here. HH and I have reached a level of understanding. She has the cutest little swat with a hiss!

I hear they are going to put a tree up for my amusement later this week. I don't understand it, but I look forward to it nonetheless! First though, I have to endure a visit from that dog, Gavin, and yet another dog...I may struggle to be thankful!

But...this is a comfortable place. I think I like it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pbb27ac4f86cdaac1720d907b3010655a/fa7a64a8.jpg

Contentedly,

Eddie

sirrahbed
11-24-2003, 10:16 AM
BELLY RUBS!!!
Can I join ya Eddie??

2kitties
11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Eddie, this is Rocky.
Boy have you got something good coming up with this tree thing. I don't understand it either, but my meowmie put one up last year and dang, it was fun!!! Be careful, though. If you go up too high, it might fall over. Oh, and don't hurt any of the dangling things or it might get you a faceful of water.
Rocky.

catlover4ever
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Eddie this is Midnight and Figaro (catlover4ever's mommies kitties) we just have to tell you about the tree. It is the most wonderful playground you can imagine.

Three years ago when our mommy left to go to work, we decided to have a real good play session with the tree. When our mommy came home we got into BIG TROUBLE. It seems that the tree was not put up for our pleasure and because we tore the artificial tree apart, brought several pieces (including the top of the tree), and broke numerous shiny dangling thing she got really upset with us. She had to have Auntie (catlover) come over and try to put the tree back together. Now every year mommy and auntie anchor the tree to the windows.

Our advise to you is "Don't Get Caught"!!!!

Regards--- Midnight and Figaro

trinity
11-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Now that is total relaxation at its finest...and I agree....TUMMY RUBS!!!!!

gini
11-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Oh Sara, I read this just like you would hope.

I read Eddie's diary first - and THEN scrolled down to his picture.

All I can say is "just look at that cute boy!" He sure is a beautiful cat.

Randi
11-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Eddie, will you believe it - my mom and dad are not getting a Christmas tree for me. However, today my mom arrived with a HUGE branch of spruce, she could hardly lift it. She was lucky to get a lower branch from the 3 story high Christmas tree they've just put up outside. Wow, is that BIG!! :eek:

I can assure you it's fun to play under it, I'm all exhausted now. Can't wait to see if they decorate it, that will be even funnier!

Eddie, you have a month of fun in store!! :D

Your pal,
Fister. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-24-2003, 11:17 AM
You sure do look content Eddie, and that is just soooo wonderful. I'm so happy for you. :D

However....you might want to take it easy on the tree because you wouldn't want to wear out your welcome.....;) :D :D

Barbara
11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Hi Eddie, Tigris here. Around here, they only hang dangling shiny things in the window. But whenever we tried to played with them there were loud words which I won't repeat because I am a well-mannered cat (see Cat manners thread).

Eddie, if you come here we could check who of us has the cutest tummy. Could be done by a simple frequency measurement of the "Aaawwws";)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Contentment, thy name is Eddie!!!
What a great picture!!! Eddie I'm so glad you feel at home now!!!:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Eddie, you gorgeous boy!!! Tummy rubs for you!!! You look so happy and relaxed in that pic - and I'm glad that you are finding HH's swat and hiss are CUTE (not the reaction she expected, I am sure!)

Tell us how it goes with the tree, and ask Meowmie to take lots of pics for us!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-24-2003, 01:56 PM
I can't wait to read Eddie's book, My Adventures with the Christmas Tree.

slick
11-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi Eddie:
Speckles speaking
Boy are you in for a treat. The Christmas tree is the bestest fun I've ever had. Of course, because of my advanced age, I don't climb like I used to but when I was younger at my other place I used to climb to the top and from the bottom I would knock off all the dangling things.

Ahem, a word of warning though, if you see a thin shiny thing hanging down that looks like shiny string, DON'T EAT IT. That happened to me and my other Mommy had to pull it out of my butt. Ouch. I didn't like that at all.

My "now" Mommy says we are putting up the tree in the next week. I can hardly wait because then I sleep under it all the time and I can hide from that other awful cat, Max. Have fun Eddie.

Slick here:
Eddie you sure do look relaxed and I'm glad that you and HH have come to some kind of agreement. Sending lots of tummy rubs to you. :) :)

ramanth
11-24-2003, 02:20 PM
RUB RUB RUB!!
:D

Oh Eddie, you look marvolously comfortable. :) You handsome devil you.

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Eddie,
I can just tell the Christmas season is JUST what you and HH need for closeness. It brings us all near to one another. The Christmas Tree is F-U-N! Just ask Ally and Dakky! Surely they remember the first and last tree we had, three years ago. Sadly, there won't EVER be another one in their future. Why? Cause they are B-A-D! And, since Santa doesn't bring pressies to nawteekats, we eliminate the tree, and go with the gifts instead.
Happy Holidays to the four of you!

Miss Meow
11-24-2003, 03:13 PM
I can't wait for you to meet the big, bad Christmas tree! The December diary is going to be a ripper :D I'm so glad you look happy and relaxed :)

catnapper
11-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Allen here, and I'd just like to say, "Oh Boy! You have no idea what is coming! I've been trying to explain it to Pouncer... but doing a lousy job: its something you just have to experience!"

My mommy puts up all sorts of shiny things, and like other mommies, she gets upset if any of them breaks. She thought she bested me last year by buying plastic ones, but they're more fun to swing across the floor!

And my mommy wraps the tree in shiny strings of beads - you can't imagine a better time! It tests your agility and mind when you try to figure out how to take those ropes off. She doesn't seem to like that either... I don't see why since they look pretty on the floor too.

Whatever you do: Stay away from the very top of the tree. she doesn't like her angel toppled.

captain
11-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by slick
Hi Eddie:
Speckles speaking

Ahem, a word of warning though, if you see a thin shiny thing hanging down that looks like shiny string, DON'T EAT IT. That happened to me and my other Mommy had to pull it out of my butt. Ouch. I didn't like that at all.

Here I was, reading, minding my own business, thinking happy kitty thoughts .................. and then ............ Ewwwwwwwwwwww:p

Eddie, Ruby here.
Even tho I am not a kitty, I can tell you about the green tree fiasco ....... NOTE : The lights on the tree ARE NOT for your amusement ...... the cable that links them all together is apparently VERY important, and should NOT BE CHEWED !
Lucky for me they were NOT plugged in at the time!

Luff
Rubes

sirrahbed
11-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by slick
Hi Eddie:
Speckles speaking

Omegosh!!! I never thought about that!!
PICKLES!!
Quick! Tell your mom about this!! OUCH!!!!

CatDad
11-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Eddie I hope you enjoy the Christmas tree and I am also looking forward to reading your diary from December.:)

I am also happy to see you so realxed and that belly just deserves a rub.

*RubRubRubRubRubRubRub*

jenluckenbach
11-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Big time belly rubs coming your way!!

iloverat
11-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Smooches to your sweet little tummy, Eddie. You do look as snug as a bug on that rug :)

rg_girlca
11-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Awww Eddie, you look soooooo adorable all stretched out, so relaxed.
Katie here;
It's been a long time since we had a Christmas tree in our house.:( , but I heard mommy talking about maybe putting one up again. Then last week Chipper, for some reason, started trying to climb this other tree we have in a corner of the living room and pulled it down a few times. He always did this when mommy wasn't home, so she didn't know which one of us it was. He also was scratching at the bark of the tree. Then one day when mommy was home she caught the culprit climbing it again.
Well you guessed if folks, there's goes the idea of putting up the tree again. Wait a go Chipper. These youngin's never learn.

So be good Eddie when that tree goes up okay.:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2003, 12:59 AM
You sure look comfy and relaxed Eddie. :) I hope you'll be a good boy and not bother the Christmas tree.

Eddie, we've never been allowed to experience a Christmas tree before.:( Our meowmie is afraid that we'd climb the tree and knock it over. She also doesn't trust us with the ornaments either. Please try to be a good kitty or this may be your first and last Christmas tree.

Your pals, Storm, Sunny, Cirrus, and Sky

IttyBittyKitty
11-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Sctrichie, scritchie, scritchie.......!

You look very cosy little man!

11-25-2003, 05:51 AM
Inka here: dear Eddie, that tree is supposed to be home decoration for the humans. I never understood why, as my meowmie never lets me get into the tree :( . Pssssst, don't tell here I almost reached the top last year :p :p . I heard meowmie say she wants a bigger tree this year :) YIPPIE!!!;) . One advise for you: never explore the tree when your humans are home :eek: . Plenty of time when they are gone to their work ;) :p :)

Pam
11-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Dear Eddie, Don't worry about that doggie coming to visit you. HH will show you how to deal with dawgs! Just follow her lead. We live with two of them and it's really not so bad. You just can't ever let them see you sweat.

As for the tree in the house thing, we just don't get it. Why do all of these humans do such a crazy thing? We haven't had a tree come into this house since Andy got himself into tons of trouble with the last one. He just couldn't leave all of the dangling things alone and boy did it get on the humans' nerves. As for me, I found it a nice place to crawl under and take a nap, but then I have always been the laid back well behaved one. :p

Purringly, Trevor

catmandu
11-25-2003, 09:32 AM
i agree with spreckles as that silver stringy stuff , will give you a TUMMY ache. and watch that you dont step on the Balls , they cut your oaws! Other than that , trees are fun! Is it a christmas tree? wish hard Eddie , and my love Edwina , Santa might bring you a Cat Tree! JJJ3.

Vio&Juni
11-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
She has the cutest little swat with a hiss!

:D :D :D

They say "when you love someone, you love everything about him", isn't it right?

lbaker
11-26-2003, 07:03 AM
I just have to wonder about the "visions of [fill in the blank] dance through his head". hmmm visions of trees? HH? The Blonde One? Whatever, he is a vision all on his own.

MeowKlauz
11-26-2003, 07:27 AM
Hey Eddie you don't know me yet im Osker [MeowKlauz's brother] and the christmas tree is great if they put it in a corner you can hide behind it but watch out for the broom. if they put a mat around it don't lay on it. it will make you fall asleep instantly [well it does for me]. when they put these big colorful boxes you can hide behind and crawl through them just don't get caught. when the boxes are open just hop right in one [get permishin first].