PDA

View Full Version : Do I dare use the word...success??

jenluckenbach
11-24-2003, 06:02 AM
For those who have been following the saga of Jim and Sterling peeing all over the house, their confinment stage, the medication, the suppossed success until I allowed the fosters in contact with them again......
Well, I gave it another shot yesterday. I allowed Chevy to be out in the house with my residents for the day. I knew in my heart that I would be cleaning up some pee spot or other by nightfall, but he just BEGGED to stay out and resisted every attempt to go back to Timmy and the others. So I gave in. (oh, as an explaination, twice a day when the biggest group of cats are locked up for dinner, Timmy and Chevy get a chance to run around the lower 2 floors...the shy fosters need to stay on their 3rd floor retreat) So they have been associating with Willow and Calvin and Fern and Rutherford for quite a while now, but the others couldn't see them as they were behind a closed door.
So back to the story......
NO PEE SPOTS were found. :D
Yippee!!!!
Chevy still spent the night upstairs but I think I will give them another go today if he want to stay out. Cross your fingers.
:)

stacwase
11-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Congratulations!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I know how frustrating cat pee can be!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-24-2003, 07:11 AM
That's great news Jen! Your patience is paying off.

catnapper
11-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Impressive! I'd be jumping for joy. I'm getting tired of washing my daughter's comforter - Allen has been using that for the past few weeks.

Randi
11-24-2003, 08:53 AM
That's a great progress Jen. :) Hopefully it will continiue! So far, you seem to have done the right things. :D

sirrahved
11-24-2003, 09:09 AM
I hope your luck continues! Pee is so frustrating!

catmandu
11-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Kindness , Patience and Love! Hooray , and all the Found Cats are happy with you! Found Cats and Feeder!

Miss Meow
11-24-2003, 02:59 PM
A small but important step! Congratulations! I hope their progress continues :)

NoahsMommy
11-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Great news! :)

CatDad
11-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.:cool:

Let us know how it turns out.:)

IttyBittyKitty
11-25-2003, 04:44 AM
Crossing fingers and paws that everything goes okay!

I wish pee were our problem, keep finding little piles of poop outside the litter tray and both kitties are so close in size that I can't tell which one of them it is! LOL

jenluckenbach
11-25-2003, 04:55 AM
poop is easier to clean up (as long as it is a solid) ;)

We did the same thing yesterday, Had Chevy have the run of the house during the entire day, and I can't seem to find any spots. So this is good news.

Chevy spends the nigt with the fosters to prevent anything from happening in the middle of the night, but I will probably allow him out again today if he wants to.

Kirsten
11-25-2003, 04:56 AM
I'm happy for you, congrats! :) :) :)

Kirsten

K & L
11-25-2003, 08:03 AM
What great news!!! I sure hope you continue with SUCCESS!

lynnestankard
11-25-2003, 08:30 AM
Oh well done Jen., - you must the patience of a saint! And yes - the SUCCESS word can be rightly used in this context!! :D

Lynne

ChrisH
11-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Good news indeed!:D :D

jenluckenbach
11-29-2003, 06:10 AM
I found two spit out pills this morning.:mad: and a pee spot on the bed. :mad: I have the mattress protected with a waterproof cover, but the comforter will need a washing.
So it seems that as long as the cats actually TAKE their pills, Mickey is OK to run in the house with them. But the minute they miss a dose......BAM......back to accidents. So much for ever thinking of taking them OFF the medicine. But the vet says that with some cats it is just better to have them on the medicine. And it sure beats getting rid of them.