PDA

View Full Version : China needs help

Stenograsaurus
01-02-2002, 11:53 AM
Available for adoption through
White Boxer Rescue
China

1/1/02 - China - White female, approx. 8-10 years old.

China was removed from her home for cruelty and abuse. She was bred every heat her whole life (that is soo sad). She has masses in her mammary glands which were never treated and now need to be removed and tested.

She had sustained an injury to her knee. An infection set in. Since it went untreated for so long, the leg became too painful and eventually too deformed and unusable due to the infection and resulting arthritis. She was bred in this condition.

Now, even after treatments with antibiotics, the leg cannot be saved and rehabilitated. China is scheduled for an amputation and mass removal this week. She will then be spayed once she has recovered, so she has a long road ahead of her... as do we.

She has been at rescue for about 5 weeks. She has become quite playful and a very nice companion. She is housebroken and very obedient. She will even sit if she thinks that is what you want. This is why rescue is so important. China deserves a happy ever after.

Please follow China's story. Updates will follow.

We need your help so that we can help China. Much-needed donations are being gratefully accepted. Funds will go towards China's medical care and recovery.

Donations can be sent to:

White Boxer Rescue
P.O. Box 56
Port Elizabeth, NJ 08348

THANK YOU.

If you are interested in adopting this dog, please fill out an online application and e-mail the contact below. Include your name and where you live in your e-mail.

(photos below shown full size)

White Boxer Rescue
For more information please contact:

Connie & Dan Domeracki - [email protected]

This link has her picture on it. Warning: The picture is a little graphic. http://www.boxerrescue.com/china0102.htm

Logan
01-02-2002, 12:25 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Stories like this make me so angry! I can not understand for the life of me how people can be so cruel. I hope the surgery will be successful. One thing for sure is she will definitely be better off, even on three legs. Many dogs and cats have wonderful lives on three legs.
Keep us updated as you hear more about her.
I will keep China in my prayers. :)

Logan

Sudilar
01-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Tears and prayers for China. I hope she finds a forever home soon.

tatsxxx11
01-02-2002, 05:11 PM
I can't say what I'm thinking right now. For what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????? ONE MORE litter of puppies and a few dollars. SICKENING! Sometimes I feel that ANYONE breeding a dog should be licensed and certified, with bi-yearly and as well as unannounced surprise inspections. :mad: :mad: :mad: When is this garbabe ever going to stop! Oh, I'm so angry!!!!! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to make a donation toward China's recovery and of course, she will be in my prayers. How is Jake doing??

Stenograsaurus
01-04-2002, 09:47 AM
Thank you for your prayers and concerns. I check this website daily. (Can you tell I have a thing for Boxers?) There is no update on Jake or China yet. I'll let you know when there is. Thanks.

Stenograsaurus
01-16-2002, 09:36 AM
Here's an update on China.

1/16/02 - China has had her amputation and mammary mass removal and is doing well. She is getting around perfectly fine. She had a couple of minor setbacks with her incision and is healing nicely now. We have gotten some cards and letters and we really appreciate your kind words. We read them all to China. She is a wonderful dog and appreciates all that is being done for her. Once she has fully recovered she will be scheduled for her spay and to make sure all the masses were removed. The original mass cancerous but was successfully removed. Keep watching for more updates as she recovers.