PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed!!!

Dogz
11-23-2003, 09:10 PM
I recieved this PM from kingrattus, and Max needs your prayers you guys.:(

Sorry I haven't replyed to ur last PM, but I know u'll understand once I tell u this.

Max might have intestinal cancer.

Hes bleeding (it may have stopped today not sure yet). Max had an accident in the house & mom was cleaning it up & found blood in it. She calle dthe vet & rushed Max & his doo doo right away. The vet said it could be a bacteral infection, but there normally isn't that much blood, so she ran a test & no bacteria was found. Max will have to get an X-ray to findout if its cancer or not.

The vet put Max on a special diet of cooked hamburger & rice twice a day. The vet said he needs the hamburger to put on fat, cause hes lost 5 pounds already, which is bad. & he nees the rice to help fill him & its easy to pass & will also help clean him out.

I talked to my Pharmacist friend & he said I should get Max on childrens chewables "Flintstones" (u know the cartoon right?), he said t a day should be good for him.

I just got off the phone with mom & she said shes noticing a huge change in Max. Hes sleeping alot (which is good) & she said hes loving his new food. Shes taking him to mini walks ( a block or 2) & she took him for a little car ride.

She said he having tiny doo doos, but I said thats cause hes digesting all the meat so theres not much left when its time to make doo doo. But he was accident free today & his doo doo today wasn't 100% normal, but she said she didn't see any blood in it & it was a watery, which a huge emprovement. My sis is seeing him during the day & letting him go potty outside.

I feel soooo horrible, I cried at work for an hr & then cried all the way to moms place (40 mins), I cried when I saw Max & I cry randomly throughout the day or when anyone mentions his name. I sooo wish I could be with him, since its a good chance this'll be his last week.

CamCamPup33
11-23-2003, 09:13 PM
:( Thats so sad! poor max! :(

Cookiebaker
11-23-2003, 09:18 PM
I thought Max went to live with somebody else because Kingrattus' mom wouldn't take him??? :confused::confused: :confused:

Dogz
11-23-2003, 09:33 PM
This is another PM that I got from Jesse, it was the one before the other one.

On monday Max's temp owner called & said he had made wet doo doo on the floor. SHe figured it was due to her now working 12-14 hr shifts. So on tue I went down to see him for a few mins & he was ok that day. But her got sick on wed & his temp owner said she wanted him gone that night, Rob told her we had no way out that night nor a home. So I called my mom & begged for her to take him in. She said yes (I also foundout she didn't know his options were new home or death).
So on thru morning rob drove me to Almont (where Max was staying), no one was home, but James (the son) had told us the door is never locked so we can visit Max when ever we can.
So I went & took everything I could find the belonged to Max. I forgot to get his water dish, opps.
I called my sister early fri morning to see how he was doing. She said she slept downstairs with Max cause he kept asking to go outside & had one accident in the house. My sister being smart took Max off his food & started to prepare him his rice only dinner. She was sure it was 2 cups of rice & she was right. So Max had a loveld dinner of rice for 2 days & on Sat, Max had not 1 accident, yay!!!
So today Max will be getting 2 cups of dog food & 1 cup of rice & if he gets sick again, then back to the rice diet. But we know he wont get sick again, he never does.
Also later on thur Maxs temp owner called crying because we took Max away & didn't let her say good-bye, & the rest of the short conversation was hard to understand cause she was mumbling (crying).
Rob called James on Thur night & James said his mom didn't really want to get rid of Max, she was just upset because of her working more was making Max sick.
But we also told her the second she didn't want him, we'd be over there & would take him back, so we did.

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 10:22 PM
:( :( :( Poor poor, Max. I hope he'll be ok.

Hopefully she doesn't get mad and "leave" and threaten use no updates like she did before because her PM's were shared.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Oh No....:(:(:( Poor Max. :(

Dogz
11-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Hopefully she doesn't get mad and "leave" and threaten use no updates like she did before because her PM's were shared.

Good thing that isn't going to happen, because she already said that would be ok if I kept you guys updated.:)

Rooroo
11-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Poor dog, I hope he feels better, such a sad story.

dukedogsmom
11-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Such a sad situation. Being in a different difficult situation, I won't say that I could never do something, like give dog to someone else. I hope Max gets better. I just loved those pics of him in the dog park, looking so happy when he was running. Give him some loving from me.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Wow, poor Max. Get better soon, boy. :(

primabella
11-24-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm so sorry Jess. Prayers are being sent over to Max. :( :( :( Thanks for keeping us posted Emma.

Orlando Bloom's Gal
11-24-2003, 08:41 PM
OMG! Poor Max:(. I'll keep Max in my prayers. I hope he gets better soon. It's not nice finding out that your dog is sick.

Dogz
11-25-2003, 05:40 PM
bump

ChrisH
11-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I am so sorry to hear Max is sick. :( I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

tatsxxx11
11-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Oh Jess, I'm so sorry to hear Max is so ill:( I'll never forget those happy, happy pictures of him playing. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please, get well soon sweet Max. Love, Sandra

captain
11-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Dogz,

Thanks for keeping up updated on Max ...

KYS
11-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Sending lots of prayers to Max!

CatDad
11-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Sending prayers for Max and the entire family.