PDA

View Full Version : Lizette Got Out & Is Gone . . .

AvaJoy
11-23-2003, 07:55 PM
I hope that some of you may be inclined to say a prayer for my sweet little Lizette.

She was a TNR (trap/neuter/release) that chose to stick around. She showed up every evening for her dinner. To make a long story short, quite some time ago she didn't come around for a few days and we found her across the road with an injured leg, but she would not let us get to her. I told my friend about this and she prayed to St. Francis for her safe return. Amazingly, Lizette CAME BACK THAT VERY NIGHT and I immediately brought her inside, then took her to the vet. Her leg was broken so it was splinted (second picture) for several weeks. It looked like she had a big, yellow banana on her leg! She was FeLV negative, so after the splint was removed I introduced her into the feline household, and she has been indoors ever since. She is not in my avatar because I had not gotten around to revising it, but here are some pictures of her.

Sadly, my dear friend succumbed to cancer shortly after Lizette's ordeal. In her honor I ordered a St. Francis pet tag medal that Lizzy is wearing on her new Tiger print collar right now . . . wherever she is. Without my friend's prayers, I just hope maybe the medal will bring her home safely once again. Please keep her in your thoughts.

I know I am distraught because I forgot to use my pink writing, and I don't know how to put it in after the text is written . . . so what; who cares! :rolleyes: I just want my Lizette back home safe and sound. Thanks for listening.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jemdoll/lizette1.JPG

slick
11-23-2003, 07:59 PM
OMG that's so sad. Sending prayers you way for Lizette's safe return. How did she get out??

Maybe she's be around long enough to sniff her way home. I pray that she's safe.

moosmom
11-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Avajoy,

PLEASE do not give up hope!! My LilEli fell out of my front window 20 ft to the sidwalk. He is semi-feral and I had absolutely NO idea where he was. Please, look around the immediate area. I borrowed a trap from the shelter I am a volunteer with and trapped for 5 days. Finally, on the 5th night, I ran errands and was late getting back. As I pulled into my parking space, my headlights showed on him sitting in the entranceway to the basement of my apartment building. It turns out he was hiding in the entranceway all along!!!

Look around the area, put up posters and see if you can borrow a trap from your local shelter. I will say a prayer for her and for you.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!!

((((hugs))))))

Donna

Ramona
11-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Many many thoughts and prayers coming for her safe return!!! If you go look for her, remember to call her name soft and quiet. Sometimes when we yell out of panic they think they are in trouble and are afraid to come back. Set out food, litter box and some smelly clothing or something that smells of you! In your mind, keep positive thoughts and keep images in your mind of her finding her way home.

AvaJoy
11-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by slick
OMG that's so sad. Sending prayers you way for Lizette's safe return. How did she get out??

Maybe she's be around long enough to sniff her way home. I pray that she's safe.

She got out thanks to my negligence . . . I didn't realize the door that leads from my den to the garage was not closed properly. The big garage door was opened because I was in and out doing leaf clean-up. I went in the house for a moment and when I noticed the interior door was opened I panicked and quickly took a feline head-count . . . the other cats were all accounted for, except for little Lizette. I spied her around the perimeter of the house, but she would not come to me (as in the past experience) and she then sprinted off to the fields surrounding my backyard. At least she did not cross the road.

I have tried to call her several times tonight . . . when she was outdoors if we called her name she would come running up to the porch. It is not happening so far . . . :(

My friend's middle name was Jean, so her nickname is Lizzy-Jean, in Cathy's honor.

Slick, Moosmom & Ramona: Thanks for your encouraging words, and keeping her in your prayers.

CatDad
11-23-2003, 08:42 PM
I wish I had something wonderful or comforting to say, but unfortunatly I don't.

You and Lizette will be in my prayer and thoughts. Here is hoping for a safe return. I will also tell Joey and Bob, and they will keep happy kitty thoughts for the both of you.;)

Keep good thoughts, the power of PT prayer can work wonders.

AvaJoy
11-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
. . . You and Lizette will be in my prayer and thoughts. Here is hoping for a safe return. I will also tell Joey and Bob, and they will keep happy kitty thoughts for the both of you.;)

Keep good thoughts, the power of PT prayer can work wonders.

Yes, I welcome the power of PT prayers, and know firsthand the influence Kitty-Prayers can impart! Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

aly
11-23-2003, 09:05 PM
:(

Saying another prayar to St. Francis for sweet Lizette.

http://store6.yimg.com/I/carol-diannes_1769_341855

Don't ever give up or lose hope. Sometimes it takes them awhile to return. I know Lizette knows what a good home she has so she can't be gone for long.

catcrazylady
11-23-2003, 09:09 PM
I know first hand how frightening and heart wrenching this can be. We are sending good thoughts and prayers that she will return home soon! The power of PT prayers has been amazing!! Hopefully she just missed her outside explorations and she will come home when she gets hungry. Has she been inside for very long??
I'm sure the outcome will be good but I know it is so hard to wait and wonder. We are praying and hoping to soon see the post of her return! She is a beautiful girl! {{hugs}}

Tonya
11-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Oh, Lizette! Please come home! We're all praying for you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Oh no!

Something else that has worked in the past is if you leave something of yours outside. Something with your scent on so she knows this is home. Something like a blanket, old shirt, etc. Just in case she gets confused - she will know that this is home.

Good luck.

Lizette! You get home this minute now, you hear! ....please.....

Steffi N
11-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Lizette, please come home. We are all worried about you.

Miss Meow
11-23-2003, 09:56 PM
I hope Lizette is safe and will come home soon. Will be sending positive thoughts and hoping she is on her way back to you.

rg_girlca
11-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
Please come home soon Lizette, safe and sound.
Don't worry sweetie, mommy will be soooooo happy to have you back home that you won't get in trouble. So hurry on home now okay.
Mommy misses you.

NoahsMommy
11-23-2003, 10:33 PM
AvaJoy, you are a dear. This whole story has touched me.

I'll be praying hard for Lizette's return.

Come back, sweet girl...

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Keeping Lizette in my prayers. Come home safe, little one.

Randi
11-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Oh poor Lizette. :( I hope she'll find her way home very soon! Please keep looking for her in every possible place.

Will keep our fingers and paws crossed for her.

catmandu
11-24-2003, 09:23 AM
We at the Found Cats are sending our prayers that Lizzette will be home soon. And never give up , as Moose The Magnificent was once gone for 7 weeks , and lo and behold , there he was , The Prodigal Cat! Prayers are on thier way!

ChrisH
11-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts that Lizette is back home safe and sound, very, very, soon.

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Prayers for Lizette's safe return. Keep the faith!

AmberLee
11-24-2003, 04:05 PM
More prayers for Lizette here. Any update?

PayItForward
11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Come home Lizette, your mum is worrying about you.

Sending Pet Talk Prayers to you both.

Awaiting good news.

carole
11-24-2003, 05:34 PM
I so hope Lizette returns real soon, my heart aches for you, and I wish she would come home, the power of PT is very powerful, we all will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and hopefully you will have some good news soon to tell us, TAKE CARE and HUGS.:)

catland
11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lizette being gone.

Little Lizzy - Please come home soon little girl - you are missed.

Prayers on the way.

iloverat
11-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Avajoy, everyone at this address is praying hard for Lizette's safe and hasty return. Hopefully, one day soon you will hear that familiar MEW and she'll be sitting at your backdoor, ready to tell you all about her exploits. Will anxiously await any update.

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your dear friend, Cathy. My sympathies are with you and her family and friends. Take care...

AvaJoy
11-24-2003, 07:48 PM
SHE'S BACK!! SHE'S BACK!! LIZETTE CAME HOME!!!!!!:D :) :D :)

I am SO happy and SO relieved and, well . . . just so full of ALL kinds of warm and grateful feelings that she made it home safe and sound!!!

After I reached out to PT last night by posting my sad news of her departure, I tried to take my mind off the anxiety her absence was causing by reading and responding to other threads, so it was rather late when I finally turned off my computer to try and get some sleep. Before I got ready for bed I just HAD to open the back door and call for her once more before the day's end, knowing I had to get up and go to work the next day and wouldn't be able to look for her until nightfall. When I called her name, she trotted right up on the steps and into the house! After the hugs, kisses and tears of gladness I bestowed on her, I felt rather silly yelling her name so loudly when there she was lurking in the shadows so close to the steps, and I didn't even realize it . . . :o . . . I just didn't expect her to return so soon, or possibly at ALL, for that matter . . . oh, me of little faith. I'm quite beside myself with joy that she is home!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also thankful that she is not much the worse for wear, other than caked mud on her belly, and possibly she strained her once broken leg, as she has a slight limp like she had after the splint was removed and she had to strengthen those leg muscles and learn to put pressure on it once again, which she had accomplished. If her limp does not improve within the next day or so I will make a vet appointment.

Today I received the latest issue of Cat Fancy and there is a little story about a man who was reunited with his lost cat . . . after TEN YEARS!! (The cat did have a microchip.) Imagine THAT . . . gee, I guess I had it easy, only fretting for about 12 hours. Never give up hope, if anyone else is going through this . . . miracles certainly do happen.

I am most beholden to each and every one of you for sending your prayers, thoughts, and well wishes her way . . . thank you all so very much for caring!!!:) {{HUGS}} and BLESSINGS.

This experience will give Thanksgiving an extra special meaning to me this year.

Prairie Purrs
11-24-2003, 07:54 PM
HOORAY!! I'm so glad Lizette is back home! :D

Ramona
11-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberLee
11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
What wonderful news!

{{{rub, rub, rub little Lizette}}}

So glad that your Thanksgiving is getting off to a wonderful start, Avajoy!

CatDad
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
WA HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

I am so happy to hear that she came back, and in one piece. Thank God.:D

It may have been only 12 hours, but I am sure that it seemed like a lifetime. The power of PT has worked again.:D

Please give her a couple of scratches and kisses for me.

rg_girlca
11-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Avajoy, I am so happy for you. Good girl Lizette for not straying too far.
More prayers on the way that her little leg is just tired from her adventure and that is isn't anything serious.

aly
11-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I'm crying tears of joy for sweet Lizette. I'm SO GLAD she's home safe and sound. What a blessing!!!!!

Steffi N
11-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Welcome home dear Lizette. I hope your leg is okay. Pets and cuddles for you.

PayItForward
11-24-2003, 11:29 PM
Great news, this has really made my day :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2003, 12:46 AM
I missed this thread earlier but I'm so glad that it has a happy ending. I'm so glad that Lizette is home now safe and sound. :D

Miss Meow
11-25-2003, 01:34 AM
:D :D :D

Nomilynn
11-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Here I was going to reply that I hope she comes home safely, and she HAS!!! What great news!! :D

Randi
11-25-2003, 04:40 AM
I'm so glad to hear she back home. :) Not the best time of year to wonder around exploring the neighborhood - silly girl. ;)

Kisses and scritchies to sweet Lizette.

Kirsten
11-25-2003, 04:49 AM
I felt so sad when I read the beginning of this thread, but learning you have made it home safe makes me so happy now...

Welcome home, little one! :) Please don't do that again! :)

Kirsten

ChrisH
11-25-2003, 05:43 AM
That is wonderful news!!:D :D

Please give her some kisses from me.:)

Barbara
11-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Sweet little Lizette,
I also wanted to answer the thread now and found out that you're back again!

Kissies to you

:) :D

K & L
11-25-2003, 08:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray for a safe return to you.

lynnestankard
11-25-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm late coming into this - and reading the first postings I was getting more and more upset - then - WOW!! She's HOME!!!

HURRAY!!!!!

Oh Yippeeee - clever Lizette - such a good girl coming home to Meowmie - but please, no more wandering off. It's a big dangerous place out there - stay home safe and sound with the others.

I'm just so happy for you Susan. {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

catmandu
11-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Lizzettre , the Found Cats are gald that you are home. and beleive us the Cat food is not always better on the other side. Found Cats , especially Moose the Runaway!

K & L
11-25-2003, 09:48 AM
She's home!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE..... I can't stay on here long so it's hard for me to read each reply. I'm sneaking on at work when I'm not suppose to! :eek:

catland
11-25-2003, 10:21 AM
:D GREAT NEWS :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-25-2003, 10:21 AM
What a wonderful start to Thankksgiving! I am so glad Lizette is home safe.

Grateful thanks to the PT prayers, once again answered!

2kitties
11-25-2003, 10:26 AM
That's wonderful news.

HayleyRosie
11-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Great News!!!

Cataholic
11-25-2003, 11:56 AM
I am so thankful for Lizette's return!

Logan
11-25-2003, 12:35 PM
AvaJoy, I am just reading this thread, and how happy I am that I read it all the way through!!! I was already praying for Lizette's safe return, and low and behold, she's home!!!!!! She knew a good thing, for sure!!!! God Bless you both on this Thanksgiving Holiday. You do have much to be thankful for!!! (Pink in your honor). Love, Logan

luckies4me
11-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Yay! I am so happy she came back and just strutted right in the door lol. :D