PDA

View Full Version : cindy got sick

cali
11-23-2003, 07:30 PM
yiks something is seriously wronge with the sand cindy and cinnamon were in. cinnamon has escaped and is quit litterally living wild right now(under the floor boards) and cindy nearly died, that sand in only 1/2 a day would stink like crazy, smelled like chemicals now that we think about it, we assumed it would be safe, considering the kind we bought is for little kids to play in. not to mention I have been housing gerbils on sand for a long time, with no problems(not this praticular brand mind you) anyway we we just cleaned it a LOT and kept it airy, but while I had slept over at a friends house, my mom checked on the gerbils thi smorning and found cindy half dead, her body was cold and stiff, anyway my mom revived her and as soon as I got home I was able to see her, my mom had moved her to a temp cage set up in the sun, to keep her warm, she is doing MUCH better now and I have moved her into the upstairs of stubby and sniffles cage, with her own water bottle and food dich and toys, she is warm her eyes have opened now, and she is moving around lots, this complication will skew the resualts of the science fair big time though :eek: now we need to figer out something new for the wild habitat, but for now I am just glad cindy is alive!:eek: please pray that she has a full recovery, and that we will be able to catch cinnamon, she is having the time of her life right now, and had no time for any sort of bond with me, I have tried thumping but she is so young it doesent work, and I have tried a flashlight like I did with scribbles but she has no bond with me, so she wont just come out and see me!:eek: anyway that was a VERY close call for cindy!:eek:

CathyBogart
11-23-2003, 07:32 PM
EEP! Good luck getting everyone back safe and sound. :(

Vermontcat
11-26-2003, 05:32 PM
I didn't see this until now. I hope Cindy and Cinnamon are ok.
Is Cinnamon still running loose?
Is Cindy feeling better?
How are you going to do your project now?
Good luck and I hope you got Cinnamon back and that Cindy is feeling better now.:)

cali
11-26-2003, 09:15 PM
cindy is all better, no signs of cinnamon though, I have not seen her food disapering anymore :( my project will just have a little twist one gerbil after being in a wild habitat has affected the fake habitat ones a lot! she tought them how to build a nest, and get exersize they are a lot more active etc.. I have reacorded everything in the log book, :)