PDA

View Full Version : What is this mess?

petlover
11-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Can any of you tell what this is on my face? It started showing up yesterday. It looks like ringworms, but I am not sure. Can horses have ringworms? If anyone has an idea at what this might be, PLEASE let me know.

Cookiebaker
11-23-2003, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't trust somebody on the internet to give you a correct diagnosis. I would probably go see a doctor for proper diagnosis and follow up care. (Just my .02 ;))

Randi
11-23-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea. Does it itch? Have you been close to animals you're not usually? Have you eaten something unusual?

If it doesn't go away soon, go and ask your doctor. Good luck! :)

petlover
11-23-2003, 12:52 PM
It does itch at times, and at some times it burns. I haven't been around horses that much until the last 2 weeks. I have been loving on them and hanging all over them twice everyday. I would go to the doctor, but he is closed today. We have been keeping medicine on it. It feels ok until the medicine wears off. I hope that it doesn't get any worse.

popcornbird
11-23-2003, 01:09 PM
I have no idea. Sometimes things like that are caused by food allergies, or something like that. If it doesn't get better, be sure to visit the doctor. Keep us updated!

petlover
11-25-2003, 10:38 AM
YIKES!:eek: It's ringworms.:(

2kitties
11-25-2003, 11:21 AM
get thee to the emergency room

Corinna
11-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Yes animals can get them and transfer to humans. as well as humans to animals. Get to the doc and get meds.

EssTer
11-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Sorry, but what is ringworms?

Dogz
11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
I don't really know how to explain what ring worms are, but that's what I thought they were. Make sure to go see you doctor and get some medication.

Samantha Puppy
11-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Ringworm is a fungus. Petlover, get some Lotrimin and apply it religiously (every day for two weeks). If that doesn't clear it up, then go see a doctor.

Until then, do not touch it and touch anything (ANYTHING) else without first washing your hands with antibacterial soap. Change your pillow case often. Disinfect anything that comes in contact with it - the collar of your shirt, towels, etc., because if you don't, you'll only get it again. It is very contagious, so do not let your dogs near it, nor any of your other animals.

petlover
11-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks SamanthaPuppy! It is so weird. I just went to the pharmacy and got some Lotrimin. The vet here said that it would help. But, I didn't know that I could spread it to my doggies. YIKES!
I will try not to touch them on accident. Gosh, this will be a rough 2 weeks.:(

aly
11-25-2003, 12:33 PM
I've had ringworm several times on my hands and arms. Diligent washing and disinfecting will help so you don't spread it to your pets. My animals have never caught it from me because I was EXTRA cautious to wash my hands constantly.

lv4dogs
11-25-2003, 02:38 PM
yes keep very clean.

ringworm is a fungus related to athletes foot, and yup athletes foot medicine works great, Ive had ringworm a couple times & so have friends family etc.. we found the spray medicine works way better then the creams & powders!

CathyBogart
11-25-2003, 03:27 PM
I've gotten ringworm twice: Once from a lamb and once from a chinchilla. Tinactin foot powder helps with it as well. (For the Chinchilla, we gave her tinactin in her dust baths!)