PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna paint anymore!!!

Tonya
11-23-2003, 10:06 AM
I was supposed to wake my husband up almost 2 hours ago to start painting again. I am so sick of painting! It bites! And he's such a perfectionist. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "If you are gonna do it, do it right." I keep saying "Fine, I won't do it then!" But he won't let me quit. lol. Just my rant for the day. I better get off my behind and go wake him. :mad:

Rio and Me
11-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but what do you paint?
Ky and Rio

Cookiebaker
11-23-2003, 12:37 PM
Are you painting rooms, or the outside of your house??? :confused: Hang in there, it can't last forever!!! :)

Tonya
11-23-2003, 01:32 PM
We're painting the inside of our house. Shhh, I snuck in the puter room. hehe. I'm hiding.

G.P.girl
11-23-2003, 01:41 PM
lol. i'm sorry.
i'm s'posed to be stripping paint but i'm hidning too.:D

carole
11-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh Tonya you have my deepest empathy, I am still painting the fence, I started last summer, and I still have a lot to do, it takes four coats each side, at least I donot have to worry about perfection with the fence, as I am a slap happy painter, believe me you don't want me inside painting DISASTER would be the result.

I will try and finish it this summer, I think hubby is going to get a spray gun though and do it the quick way, YAHOO, my hands and aching muscles don't take too kindly to painting.

Make sure you do take time out for breaks, like the computer, as it becomes a tiring and boring job after a while. cheers.:)

PS; the end results are worth it though, i did the verandah by myself and it was the first time I have ever really painted, I was so darn proud of myself, still am., and everyday you see your lovely home all painted and looking new, you will be indeed proud too.;)

Tonya
11-23-2003, 08:34 PM
We're done with the hallway, family room, living room, and kitchen. Yay!

Now, we have the baby room which is going to be probably sea blue. (I'm doing the Rainbow Fish theme.)

I am trying to talk Mike into doing Jaden's room completely yellow with a huge SpongeBob face on one side that way it seems like you are in SpongeBob.

We aren't painting our bedroom or the office cause we're burned out.

Poor Mike also has to do the baseboards, doors, and cabinets.

Tonya
11-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh! And the laundry room. I want to do it sky blue with clouds. And perhaps a mural that looks like a clothes line with clothes hanging on it. Mike says it sounds lame, so we'll see. lol.

gini
11-23-2003, 10:20 PM
I am exhausted just reading about what you are attempting to accomplish.

You have my full sympathy. Been there and done that! Never again.

lovemyshiba
11-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
We're done with the hallway, family room, living room, and kitchen. Yay!

Now, we have the baby room which is going to be probably sea blue. (I'm doing the Rainbow Fish theme.)

I am trying to talk Mike into doing Jaden's room completely yellow with a huge SpongeBob face on one side that way it seems like you are in SpongeBob.

We aren't painting our bedroom or the office cause we're burned out.

Poor Mike also has to do the baseboards, doors, and cabinets.

You have my sympathy Tonya--we did our basement this year and I hated it!!!!!!
I love the Spongebob idea though--it sounds cute!!!

And pardon my nosiness, but baby room??? Did I miss something??

Tonya
11-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Lol, sorry. No, you didn't miss anything. I went off the pill last month. I'm going to quit drinking (I'm just a social drinker, don't worry!) after New Years and start trying for a baby in Feb. I'm Fertile Myrtle, so it shouldn't take long. I just figured I mine as well paint the baby room now while the carpet is out. It's already been halfway set up for a while because I lost a baby a little over a year ago.