PDA

View Full Version : I almost killed Dusty yesterday. :(

Tonya
11-23-2003, 09:12 AM
We've been busy painting around here. Yesterday, I decided to chain the dogs up out front to occupy them.

I chained Dusty and Roxy up, and Teddy took off. Well, I jumped in the truck to go chase him. Dusty and Roxy were in front of me. I could see them, so I wasn't worried about running them over. As I was backing away, I heard something drag, and I felt the truck pull. It didn't want to back out. I could see the dogs still. I thought I didn't have it in drive all the way (my mind was fixed on getting Teddy), so I put it in drive again, gassed it, and backed out of the driveway. All of a sudden. I heard a wierd sound, the truck freed up and I saw Dusty take off running. I realized what had happened.

Somehow, his chain had gotten caught on the front tow hooks of the truck. He was petrified, but he seemed perfectly fine believe it or not. I took him to the vet, they x-rayed him and said there is no damage. I do not understand how the chain snapped and didn't injure his neck! God was watching over my Dusty yesterday. I felt so horrible!

Here's what petsmart says about the particular chain I use and pictures:

The cable is rated at 1700 lbs and the zinc die cast snaps are rated at 550 lbs.

http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/in302573.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but here's a GMC like mine. You can kind of see the tow hooks on the front that caught his chain.

http://www.gmc.com/gmcjsp/sierra/images/brand_photo3.jpg

Tonya
11-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Bump

bluekat
11-23-2003, 10:26 AM
:eek: Whoa! I'm glad that Dusty wasn't injured! That was pretty lucky, I thought he would've gotten at least a little injury or someting.
But its good that he's ok.:)

iceyshiver21
11-23-2003, 10:59 AM
WOW! Poor dusty!! thats amazing that he came out injured.

Dogz
11-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Wow!:eek: That sounds really scary! I am glad that Dusty didn't get hurt.

delidog
11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
I am so Glad That No One Got Hurt!!!

Poor Dusty!!!!
Lucky Break!!!
You must have been Mortified!!!!!

Did you ever find Teddy?????

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Eeeepp I bet that was scary. I'm glad he's ok though. What aobut Teddy?

CathyBogart
11-23-2003, 07:37 PM
YIPES!! How terrifying for both of you!! I'm glad he's ok, and curious about Teddy...

Tonya
11-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Teddy was in clear vision when I was driving to catch him. He was just at the end of the block marking bushes. I just figured I'd take the truck in case he decided to run even further. So, yes, the little brat is ok. I got him back. :D

CatDad
11-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Well the important part in all of this is that everyone is OK. I am sure it shook you up pretty good however.:eek:

delidog
11-23-2003, 08:54 PM
So Glad to hear Everybody is Safe!!!!

Tonya
11-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Me too, I've been hugging and kissing Dusty all day telling him sorry. I am just amazed at how ok he is. No burns from being drug, no sore neck, nothing! He's such a sweetie, he isn't even mad at me.