PDA

View Full Version : This can't happen in my State....

ramanth
08-10-2001, 09:19 AM
But it did...

I heard on the radio this morning that over 300 animals (dogs and cats) were found in an Owosso, MI home. No food or water and had been left alone for days in this 90 degree plus heat. As you can imagine some didn't make it but I'm sure the ones that can be saved will be flooding area shelters. :(

Are there any volunteers at Michigan shelters that may know what shelters these animals will go too? I'm calling the Lansing shelter to find out if any animals are going there and how I can help.

This is beyond horrifying.....

Kim S.

ramanth
08-10-2001, 09:51 AM
I called the Lansing area Humane Society and their Operations Director was speaking with the proper authorities about the situation as I called. I talked with the front desk and she did not know if they were going to be getting any of those animals or not.

I've sent them a donation check anyway and I'll keep calling to keep tabs on those animals.

Kim S.

BPlovebug
08-10-2001, 10:40 AM
Thats soooooo horrible i have tears in my eyes!!! I'm watching this movie with this dog pound and this dog is about 2 go to sleep cause he had been bad and this little kid saves him and brings him home :D :D ;) ;)

Daisy's Mom
08-10-2001, 11:38 PM
Oh gosh, that's horrible! Thanks for helping, Kim! You're a great person. As much as prayers help, shelters always need donations too and they are not always given so freely. Hey... weren't you looking for a silbing for Kim anyway? Maybe you could get one of these poor pups!

Sudilar
08-11-2001, 08:10 AM
Kim, there's your chance to "Save a life"! Thanks for helping out.

ramanth
08-11-2001, 05:53 PM
Our local Fox station said that 100 animals had to be put to sleep. I got this from our local CBS new stations website.

CBS News Channel 6 (http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=430901&nav=0RbQ)

I'll need to call the Society and find out if they did get any animals and when they would be adopted. Some may of gone to the pound....

I would love to get one of those pups..or kitties.... I just need to wait for the man of the house to get home.

Kim S.