PDA

View Full Version : Is he really an Idol??? Scary...:<

shais_mom
11-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Part of this is this is a cross post from another board I am on.

Did anyone else hear or see the news about Clay Aiken, that American Idol kid, who said in a Rolling Stone Magazine interview that he hates cats and has actually run over them? PETA had some demonstration where they were encouraging people to neuter their pets and said that it (neutering) hasn't hurt Clay Aiken.

I cannot believe that Clay Aiken, or anyone else, would say that they hate cats and admit that they've actually killed them and think that this is something to be proud of. This guy makes me sick. I will never support him or buy anything he puts out: CDs, T-Shirts - nothing. What an ass.

I did a little research on the PETA site and came up with this link.
http://www.peta.org/news/NewsItem.asp?id=3324
I certainly have to agree with not buying his paraphinelia now, not that I would anyway. That makes me sick.

wolf_Q
11-22-2003, 11:36 PM
PETA chose to target Clay Aiken because he recently told Rolling Stone, "I think cats are Satan. There’s nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I had a kitten and ran over it."

:mad: :(

shais_mom
11-22-2003, 11:37 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18973&cf=2046795

Kfamr
11-22-2003, 11:40 PM
I never thought he had any talent anyways... never really were a fan of his.

CountryWolf07
11-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Wow. I knew there was something about him that I didn't like!

Crikit
11-22-2003, 11:45 PM
That's just wrong, so glad I never got his c.d.

shais_mom
11-22-2003, 11:49 PM
and
http://www.nbc17.com/entertainment/2285010/detail.html

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 12:05 AM
I think people may be reading more into this than was meant.

When I was about sixteen, I had a kitten and ran over it. Seeing that cat die, I actually think that its spirit has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats before. But now they scare me to death.

Personally I interpret this to mean he was traumatized by running over his cat. No where did he say that he hated the kitten and so chose to run it over for fun because that's what cats deserve. Don't put words into people's mouths.

Oh and I'm not a Clay Aiken fan. I'm not even an "Idol" fan I think it's a dumb show.

I do know that I don't trust PETA though.

wolf_Q
11-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Shelteez did you read this part?

I think cats are Satan. There’s nothing worse to me than a house cat.

shais_mom
11-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Actually I didn't assume that he ran over the kitten on purpose. I mean accidents do happen, I understand. But what I did take intentionally were the direct quotes not just from Peta that "He doesn't like house cats, water or instant grits. "

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Shelteez did you read this part?

Sure did. It was right before the part where he explained why. Obviously he's not the most eloquently spoken person, but I still don't see a need to condemn him.

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Actually I didn't assume that he ran over the kitten on purpose. I mean accidents do happen, I understand. But what I did take intentionally were the direct quotes not just from Peta that "He doesn't like house cats, water or instant grits. "

I still don't see what's so bad about that. He doesn't like house cats... so what. So he won't own one. Big deal. I don't want a cat whenever I move out on my own.

shais_mom
11-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Then that is fine if you don't want a cat bully for you, but you I don't imagine aren't broadcasting it being a 'famous' person. I am sure there are some wacked out people out there that would hurt a cat to get 'noticed by Clay'.

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Then that is fine if you don't want a cat bully for you, but you I don't imagine aren't broadcasting it being a 'famous' person. I am sure there are some wacked out people out there that would hurt a cat to get 'noticed by Clay'.
:confused:
So famous people aren't allowed to dislike anything??

aly
11-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Saying cats are Satan is immature, stupid, and just plain pathetic. Famous people can dislike things, but they should have more common sense than to utter such brainless things.

shais_mom
11-23-2003, 12:48 AM
No, I am not saying that at all. IMHO I don't think it is 'right' to advocate 'hating' animals. And I think it is different when it involves pets. There are so many famous stars that advocate against this type of behaivor and what makes it 'ok' or 'right' that HE says he dislikes them. I think if he would have said that he disliked dogs, or horses or birds, or people of different race people would have done the same thing.
What would happen if he said that he hated sheltie dogs and had ran one over purposely or not? :( :confused:

micki76
11-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Kinda like if I ran over a child and then later stated that I dislike kids.

Celebrities have a certain level of responsibility and just saying that you dislike a living creature, a pet, speaks volumes.

shais_mom
11-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by aly
Saying cats are Satan is immature, stupid, and just plain pathetic. Famous people can dislike things, but they should have more common sense than to utter such brainless things.
exactly Aly, that is what I was trying to say but didn't have the gift of words

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 01:02 AM

What would happen if he said that he hated sheltie dogs and had ran one over purposely or not? :( :confused:

Well if he stated he ran something anything over on purpose I'd be mad. If he stated he ran over a sheltie by accident, I'd feel sad for sure, but hate him and not buy his music (if I liked it), no I don't think so.

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Kinda like if I ran over a child and then later stated that I dislike kids.

Celebrities have a certain level of responsibility and just saying that you dislike a living creature, a pet, speaks volumes.

I think though that part of the problem here is that he is new to being famous and probably doesn't realize the power his words have. I think he just has a lot to learn about speaking publicly. I don't think that means he can't say he dislikes something, though. Just means that he needs to learn how to better get his meaning across.

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by aly
Ok I agree with you there. I think he is just new to this whole stardom thing and probably doesn't realize how he's going to sound to the general public.

aly
11-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Ok I agree with you there. I think he is just new to this whole stardom thing and probably doesn't realize how he's going to sound to the general public.

Good thing it'll probably only last 15 minutes :p

shais_mom
11-23-2003, 01:13 AM
LMAO!!!!
That is funny Aly!!

micki76
11-23-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by aly
Good thing it'll probably only last 15 minutes :p

LMAO! Too true!

mahayana
11-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Now let's see...

I was born on Halloween, had a black cat named Neko for many years...

Wasn't there a Stephen King movie with a cat sucking the breath out of a sleeping child?

There may be some kind of negative folklore deal going on here. What do you think?

mugsy
11-23-2003, 08:55 AM
He's a moronic idiot who thinks he's being funny and looks like an ass doing it. I hope his cat does haunt him for the rest of his life. I did not read into it that it was an accident. He sounds like a nasty nasty person who just likes to be mean. But, then I usually do misinterpret what they're saying.

I hope he enjoys while he can, because I'm sure he'll be a flash in the pan. (OH DARN)

Oh, for the record....I do tend to be pretty vindictive when it comes to hurting animals. Just ask Mike.

bluekat
11-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Now I have a reason to hate him:p
He's the only celebrity that I know that has said something like that.:mad: He's an idiot. He said that he ran over his cat when he was 16? Yes, I hope that the spirit of the cat will forever haunt him.
Doesn't he realize that some of his fans would be hurt by that?:mad:

Good thing it'll probably only last 15 minutes

LOL:D Too true! Let's hope less than 15;) :p

2kitties
11-23-2003, 02:39 PM
I love Clay.

CamCamPup33
11-23-2003, 03:42 PM
And thats why Ruben won american idol! :rolleyes: :p

CountryWolf07
11-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
And thats why Ruben won american idol! :rolleyes: :p

Now I love Ruben.. I was rooting for him all the way ;)

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Personally, I think Ruben has WAY more talent than "Clay".

CamCamPup33
11-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Exactly.. I think Clay sounds like a Old, Country singer who is a girl.... :p Ruben had alot more talent.. hehe i still remember when we were watching it and were like "ok they are gonna say it! YES ROOOO BEN WON!" :D :p

Twisterdog
11-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
I think people may be reading more into this than was meant.

Personally I interpret this to mean he was traumatized by running over his cat. No where did he say that he hated the kitten and so chose to run it over for fun because that's what cats deserve. Don't put words into people's mouths.

Oh and I'm not a Clay Aiken fan. I'm not even an "Idol" fan I think it's a dumb show.

I do know that I don't trust PETA though.

I don't have the faintest idea who Clay Aiken is. And I don't care. Yes, I think he probably should have thought a little more before he opened his mouth about this, but lots of people (myself included!) tend to ramble off at the mouth, without fully thinking through the reaction our words will bring. Remember when Pres. Bush - the first one - got in trouble for saying he didn't like broccoli?

However, I certainly have to agree with Shelteez about PETA. Basically, if it is on PETA website, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt and assume it is either exaggrated, taken out of context, or a flat-out lie. PETA is far, far more dangerous than some flash-in-pan star is ever going to be.

CamCamPup33
11-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
Clay is Gay
Dont let him play
with your kittens or cats
he will hit them with bats.
Then I will skin him alive
and he will die:)

ehhh.. nice?

bluekat
11-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Exactly.. I think Clay sounds like a Old, Country singer who is a girl.... :p Ruben had alot more talent.. hehe i still remember when we were watching it and were like "ok they are gonna say it! YES ROOOO BEN WON!" :D :p

Too true:p He does look kinda like a girl:p He is a country singer, lol. and he's even got the accent;)

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 06:58 PM
this is my poem Its rude I know but its totally the truth!

Clay is Gay
Dont let him play

Uhh... Ok? :eek: :rolleyes:

carole
11-23-2003, 07:04 PM
I must say I am somewhat disappointed to read this about Clay, as I did prefer him to win IDOL, however I was more than happy for RUEBEN to win .

If this is how he really is, then I no longer have the time of day for him, anyone who hates animals in any way, just does not enter my thoughts period.

This is indeed a shame if what was quoted is correct, because Clay is famous and famous people carry some clout, that is why its ok for them to have dislikes and likes sure, but they have to be ever so careful just who they tell, they influence a lot of people.

Staci has some good points, and I am in agreement with her on this one for sure.

moosmom
11-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Wow. I knew there was something about him that I didn't like!

Ditto.

He's an idiot. Everytime he opens his mouth, he looks stupid, not to mention his looks in general.

I voted for the other guy. Anyone who says that about cats is a jerk. Especially when he says it in public.

STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE...INCLUDING CLAY AIKEN!!!

CathyBogart
11-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Uh huh....interesting.

Not the kind of think an intelligent person would say in public, but I don't dislike him for hating cats...I just find him dislikable.

Uabassoon
11-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Clay is Gay
Dont let him play
and he will die

How come when people don't like something it's automatically "gay"?

Kater
11-23-2003, 08:32 PM
That is not an appropriate use of the word gay. It is very disrespectful.

Shelteez2
11-23-2003, 08:33 PM

It is huh?? Pretty serious accustations you're making.
And I was unaware that he made his sexual preferences public. Unless of course you mean he's happy. But I don't think so.

G.P.girl
11-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
How come when people don't like something it's automatically "gay"?
i was wondering the same thing.
but i love clay and i think he run voer thcat by accident and is haunted by that. anybody would be. maybe he didn't have exactly the right choice of words to say that, but he is entitled to his own opinion even if he is a celebrity.

lovemyshiba
11-23-2003, 08:44 PM
What a rude poem!!!
Highly offensive.

Anyway, I never liked Clay Aiken to begin with, and this gives me even more of a reason. I take things from Peta with a grain of salt also, but Staci did post more sources than the Peta website.

He's an idiot.

Twisterdog
11-23-2003, 09:03 PM

Clay is Gay
Dont let him play

Ok ... let's see if have this correct ....

You are bashing someone that doesn't like cats .... by comparing him to someone who is homosexual?

And you are upset with someone who said they ran over a cat ... so you are saying you will skin him alive and kill him? (Obviously, I know you don't mean literally.)

To say your poem is "rude" is putting mildly.

Homophobia has no place here, or anywhere else, IMO.

CathyBogart
11-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Well said Twisterdog.

shais_mom
11-23-2003, 09:39 PM
For the record, I never watched "Idol" and have no ulterior motive for posting this thread. I kept hearing the name "Clay Aiken" and couldn't figure out who he was. I had no idea he was from American Idol until I received my T.V Guide last week! :o

But I certainly didn't intend for the change of subject into homophobia,
I apologize that this took that turn. :( :mad:
Green Chameleon girl, I think what you said is very immature and disrespectful to a lot of people not just Clay Aiken fans. Next time maybe you should THINK before you TYPE. But that of course might come with age and maturity also. I know I have learned that lesson the hard way also.

Tonya
11-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Back when we all had the Ruben/Clay debate...I said he was phony and some of you got mad at me! I think Clay just does whatever he thinks will make him cool. I think he's an idiot. He totally changed himself. Sounds like he's trying to be a tough guy instead of the Elf look-a-like he is.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I think he's an idiot. He totally changed himself. Sounds like he's trying to be a tough guy instead of the Elf look-a-like he is.

Haha, that made me laugh. But I agree.
I don't like Clay. Period. I never liked him from the begining, and now I dislike him even more.

micki76
11-23-2003, 10:57 PM

Clay is Gay
Dont let him play

:(

Rude and mean on so many levels. This may be the most offensive thing I've seen posted, ever.

neko1
11-24-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Haha, that made me laugh. But I agree.
I don't like Clay. Period. I never liked him from the begining, and now I dislike him even more.

I feel the same way.

Samantha Puppy
11-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Yes, I think he probably should have thought a little more before he opened his mouth about this, but lots of people (myself included!) tend to ramble off at the mouth, without fully thinking through the reaction our words will bring. Remember when Pres. Bush - the first one - got in trouble for saying he didn't like broccoli?

However, I certainly have to agree with Shelteez about PETA. Basically, if it is on PETA website, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt and assume it is either exaggrated, taken out of context, or a flat-out lie. PETA is far, far more dangerous than some flash-in-pan star is ever going to be. Well put on both points.

That said, no one said that just because you're a celebrity, you have to love everything and everyone. So he doesn't like cats. Whoopdedoo! I cannot believe people are getting so bent out of shape over a silly quote that has obviously been taken so out of context, it's not even funny. He's allowed not to like animals the same way that I hate spiders. If I were a celebrity and someone asked me what I thought about tarantulas, I'd tell them that I'd kill it in a heartbeat because I don't like them. Does that make me a bad person? Sure doesn't. As for calling them Satan... well, I call one of my fiancee's old girlfriends "Satan" because I hate her. Does that make me pathetic? No, it means I'm human and I have emotions and feelings and insecurities.

As for the poem, it isn't offensive - just really childish.

carole
11-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I really don't think green chamelon, meant to offend people by her poem, she just did not think it out properly before she posted, she was I think mainly trying to get at Clay, because she thinks he is such a jerk, it certainly is not the most offensive thing I have seen here, I can understand people finding it offensive, but really she just made a mistake, we should not IMO make such a big deal of it, maybe she could apologise to those who feel offended, and we can get back to the original topic of this posting.

I still wish to make the point, yes it is fine for celebs to have opinions, dislikes and likes, but they carry so much influence over some people, they should be very careful how they word things.

There is enough cruelty in this world as it is, we donot need to promote it, in any shape or form, verbally or otherwise.

Samantha Puppy
11-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Anyone in a public forum runs the risk of their words being twisted around. Being as my mother loves Clay, I have seen his interviews and read them as well. His running over the cat was an accident and made him feel so horrible, he thought the spirit of the cat was going to haunt him. Because of that, he developed a phobia of cats.

This is just a classic example of what the media can and will do to make people believe them. It's also a classic example of why I don't associate myself with PETA.

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by carole
I really don't think green chamelon, meant to offend people by her poem, she just did not think it out properly before she posted, she was I think mainly trying to get at Clay, because she thinks he is such a jerk, it certainly is not the most offensive thing I have seen here, I can understand people finding it offensive, but really she just made a mistake, we should not IMO make such a big deal of it, maybe she could apologise to those who feel offended, and we can get back to the original topic of this posting.

Calling someone gay in a way to make fun of them or de-grade them is sure offensive to even straight people.

carole
11-24-2003, 01:26 PM
kay-ann if you chose to read my post properly you would see that I wrote that I can understand why some people would find what she wrote offensive, I was trying to put it into perspective, it is obvious as the nose on your face, she did not think it out before she posted, and posted in haste.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill, and we should concentrate on what the topic is about , before this is another thread that gets way out of hand.

BTW I am not particularly offended by her poem, sure I think it was in bad taste, and I think she should apologise to those she offended, I think her main objective here was to post something derogatory in regards to clay, not thinking about how she could offend gay or straight people, but by no means is it the worst thing I have seen on here, when people personally attack an individual on PT, that is more offensive to me.

Kayann I would appreciate it if you would read my comments more in depth , and take them how they were meant., and not misconstrue them to mean something else, thanks.

Logan
11-24-2003, 02:07 PM
I took the following article from a search on ABCNews.com . I saw the interview with Diane Sawyer and Clay Aiken. I saw none of what you guys are speaking of, nor did I sense what PETA is proclaiming. Here is an article from a local newspaper (his hometown).

Local SPCA Defends Clay Aiken
PETA Attacks Singer After Cat Comments

POSTED: 11:48 AM EST November 21, 2003
UPDATED: 12:26 PM EST November 21, 2003

GARNER, N.C. -- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Wake County is defending Clay Aiken in the recent uproar over his statement to Rolling Stone comparing cats to Satan.

After the magazine article, the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals targeted Aiken in an ad that promotes neutering for pets. The ad said, "Get neutered -- It didn't hurt Clay Aiken."

Mondy Lamb, spokeswoman for the SPCA of Wake County, said Aiken's words in Rolling Stone were taken out of context.

The quote most often pulled from the magazine is, "I think cats are Satan. There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I had a kitten and ran over it."

Aiken goes on to say, "Seeing that cat die, I actually think that its spirit has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats before. But now they scare me to death."

"The SPCA approaches situations like this on a daily basis as an opportunity to educate people," Lamb said. "We meet many people who have a strong dislike of dogs who then go on to say that they were bitten by a dog as a child. When the SPCA pursues the line of questioning, the people readily acknowledge their personal childhood trauma does not make all dogs bad.

"Reading the whole quote paints quite a different picture than the PETA ad would indicate. Were Aiken's words poorly phrased? Sure they were. But obviously the act of accidentally killing his cat still bothers him."

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Let's see...I have seen the word, "idiot", "stupid", "jerk", "he looks like a gir", "...hate him..."... used to describe Clay. All those comments are mean and highly offensive, not to mention un-nice.

So, why jump all over GC when she puts a silly poem on here? I read it and didn't think she was being homophobic or nasty. Was it ill-thought? Maybe. But, how can we jump all over Clay for something he supposedly said, defend him for supposedly saying it, then blast GC for similar conduct? At least she said it was 'rude'. There was a time calling someone or something 'gay' wasn't really referring to their sexual preference, anymore than saying "you are a retard" meant they were truly mentally challenged.

As to Clay's supposed comments, I have difficulty with ANY person HATING anything or anyone....

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by carole

Kayann I would appreciate it if you would read my comments more in depth , and take them how they were meant., and not misconstrue them to mean something else, thanks.

I would appreciate if you didn't assume that.

Since when did I misconstrue them to mean something else?

THANKS!

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 02:12 PM
I don't see anyone jumping all over anyone. :confused:

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I would appreciate if you didn't assume that.

Since when did I misconstrue them to mean something else?

THANKS!

Good Golly, Miss Molly, you misconstrue nearly everything everyone writes on here! And, I am generalizing, and I mean to be doing it.

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Good Golly, Miss Molly, you misconstrue nearly everything everyone rights on here! And, I am generalizing, and I mean to be doing it.

Huh???

Dogz
11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
I have never liked Clay, and I never will.

Dogz
11-24-2003, 02:17 PM
I also remember when they were still deciding between Clay and Rubeun(sp??) on American Idol, and Kay and I were cheering for Rubeun hehehe.:p

aly
11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
It doesn't make sense to feel so much grief over killing your cat that you start calling cats Satan :confused: :confused: :confused:

I never accused him of killing the cat on purpose. And personally I don't care what his likes or dislikes are. However, his words are illogical. bothersome, and ........ STUPID! You would think someone would have more common sense than that. :mad:

Samantha Puppy
11-24-2003, 04:02 PM
It's just one of those quirks, as far as I know. He felt that guilty over accidently killing the kitten that he convinced himself that the spirit was going to come back and haunt him. He developed a phobia of cats and that's all he meant by referring to them as Satan. I really have no opinion of him so please don't think I'm gaga over him, thinking he can do no wrong. I just chose to read his quote as nothing more than that he is afraid of cats. I seriously doubt that he ever expected the words to get so turned around or for people to get so upset over them. He's just got a phobia of cats, which is no more stupid than my phobia of spiders and heights and everyone else with all their crazy fears.

I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad side here, I just hate seeing crap like this get out of hand because someone in the media took his statement the wrong way and decided to start a "scandal" with it. The media has way too much influence on what we know and think and it bothers me.

I'm off for the night, see you all later.

bluekat
11-24-2003, 04:17 PM
I know that the poem GCG posted was really offensive, I think its rude too...but you know, ALOT of kids in my class use the word "gay" very often. I don't use it, because I think some people are so immature, it doesn't really mean anything to me. There's this really really annoying girl that I know, and whenever someone says something she doesn't like or she gets mad at someone, she would say "You're SO GAY!" Its really annoying to me, really it is, but I know she probably just says the word and isn't referring really to the actual gay people.
So I guess using that word for anything only has to do with being childish.:rolleyes: :p Just my opinion.

green_chameleon_girl
11-24-2003, 05:09 PM
sorry guys.. I guess I should of thought of what I was writing no I dident mean it litterally. I would NEVER kill anything. Im very sorry. Its hard hearing somthing like this. Next time I wont be so rude

Sorry guys

carole
11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Good on you Green Chamelon for facing the music, I think they had more of a problem with the GAY part, don't worry we all learn from our mistakes -well hopefully.:)

Dogz
11-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Good Golly, Miss Molly
Sorry, this just made me laugh, hehe.;)

green_chameleon_girl
11-24-2003, 05:15 PM
ya Im learning about this one right now. I read the replies and I thought to my self OMG what have I done lol It wont happen again you have my word.:)

Dogz
11-24-2003, 05:22 PM
sorry guys.. I guess I should of thought of what I was writing no I dident mean it litterally. I would NEVER kill anything. Im very sorry. Its hard hearing somthing like this. Next time I wont be so rude

Sorry guys
It's no problem.:) We know you won't do it again.

green_chameleon_girl
11-24-2003, 05:25 PM
me leave potd? HAHAHAHA lol

CamCamPup33
11-24-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
At least you didn't leave because of it. :rolleyes:

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Dogz
11-24-2003, 05:32 PM
:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Hey! This looks like fun!

:rolleyes: :confused: :o :p :mad:

CamCamPup33
11-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Hey! This looks like fun!

:rolleyes: :confused: :o :p :mad:

huh?

Dogz
11-24-2003, 05:44 PM
I thought you wanted to play a game!:p:(

CamCamPup33
11-24-2003, 05:45 PM
I meant what did you mean by that remark?

micki76
11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Thank you for your apology GCG. :)

popcornbird
11-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Good Golly, Miss Molly, you misconstrue nearly everything everyone writes on here! And, I am generalizing, and I mean to be doing it.

I SOOOOOOOOOO agree!

Carol...........I don't think she knows how. She does the same to almost all of my posts.........

GCG..........I just think your poem was a little childish.......not something you deserved to be condemned for THAT much. I don't think everyone should have jumped at your post like that........rather explained nicely, because people often use the word *gay* without even thinking or refering to a group of people. Its like people use the word *retard* which would be hurtful for disabled people, but people really don't mean it that way when they say it. I don't think you *meant* it that way either. I for one have NEVER used the word gay........but practically everyone at school does. Maybe you just didn't choose the right words. Its ok, we all learn as we grow and mature, right? ;)

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I SOOOOOOOOOO agree!

Carol...........I don't think she knows how. She does the same to almost all of my posts.........

Miriam, whoever in the heck you are, would you just stop it already? You've already made me feel like complete crap on my birthday.

You say completely rude and unneccessary things, yet you try to act like a perfect angel and hide it.

popcornbird
11-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Miriam, whoever in the heck you are, would you just stop it already? You've already made me feel like complete crap on my birthday.

You say completely rude and unneccessary things, yet you try to act like a perfect angel and hide it.

Look who's talking....AGAIN!

I'm sorry young lady..........you've treated me with rudeness and hate for over a year now, and I've always ignored it. Now I've decided I won't be nice to you anymore.......and I MEAN it. Until you're *meaness* subsides, mine won't either. The rudeness started from your side. I'm not a person that's mean to anyone until they're rude to me.

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 08:37 PM

I'm sorry young lady..........you've treated me with rudeness and hate for over a year now, and I've always ignored it. Now I've decided I won't be nice to you anymore.......and I MEAN it. Until you're *meaness* subsides, mine won't either.

Not from what I recollect, but ok. Whatever you say Miss Perfect!
It's not like you've been any nicer to me previously.

Besides, I don't try to play "like OMG i'm perfect"

If I have something to say, I say it. I don't try to play it off as if I didn't mean it.

Dogz
11-24-2003, 08:37 PM

I'm sorry young lady..........you've treated me with rudeness and hate for over a year now, and I've always ignored it. Now I've decided I won't be nice to you anymore.......and I MEAN it. Until you're *meaness* subsides, mine won't either. The rudeness started from your side. I'm not a person that's mean to anyone until they're rude to me.

How about we all just stop. Please? It is Kay's birthday, just leave it, ok?
{{Hugs}} to PCB and Kay.:)

Moose
11-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Okay.....I've had enough. I'm sorry, but PCB....you need to stop. I completely agree with KayAnn here, some of the things that come out of your mouth are unbelievable. I'm not saying that I am by any means innocent to that, and I will openly admit that some of things I have said are uncalled for.....but I won't stand for this. It's one thing for you to say such rude things, but it's another to back out of them and completely deny any truth in it. Jeez....grow a backbone and stand behind the things you say, willing to accept any consequences they may bring on. Until you can honestly do that, keep your bitter comments to yourself and yourself only.

Yes, KayAnn is one of my better friends here on PT, which could be part of the reason that I am feeling so defensive right now....she doesn't need this today or ever. Back off. But you have done this to other people as well, and I am sick of it. :mad:

Moose
11-24-2003, 08:40 PM
Oh.....and just out of curiosity, how old are you PCB?

popcornbird
11-24-2003, 08:41 PM
How about we all just stop. Please? It is Kay's birthday, just leave it, ok?
{{Hugs}} to PCB and Kay.:)

Moose, my friend. I have nothing.......absolutely NOTHING against you. You're a newer member and have no idea of how Kay treats the people she doesn't like for whatever reasons. I've been here for more than 1 1/2 year and only started taking it out now. :p As for how old I am........older than Kay but younger than you. :p

I don't know where Kay got the idea that I like everything to be PERFECT :eek:.....but whatever. :p

Its Kay's birthday today, and its Eid for me.........so I guess a special day for both of us. Ok.....I'll shut up. :p

*hugs Emma back*

Dogz
11-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Moose
Yes, KayAnn is one of my better friends here on PT, which could be part of the reason that I am feeling so defensive right now....she doesn't need this today or ever. Back off. But you have done this to other people as well, and I am sick of it. :mad:

I can't even stick up for one of them, I like them both. :/

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Yes, you sure seem like you're quitting it.

Dogz
11-24-2003, 08:45 PM

*hugs Emma back*

Awwwwww!;)

CamCamPup33
11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Bob, im sorry you have had such a bad birthday (or maybe you havent, but just sounded like it!) Happy 2nd birthday to a youngen! :p

*As for the other situation*
Brooke i agree with you..

micki76
11-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Ok, I'll jump in here. KayAnn and PCB - I think you irritate each other so much because you are so much alike. You are both acting the same way., and you usually do. I know it will kill you both to even think it, but it's true. You are both adamant in your opinions and never bend on your viewpoints. You are both blunt and to the point in your opinions and your writing reflects that bluntness in almost every post. Not always a bad thing, but it seems to rub you both the wrong way.

Dogz
11-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Ok, I'll jump in here. KayAnn and PCB - I think you irritate each other so much because you are so much alike. You are both acting the same way., and you usually do. I know it will kill you both to even think it, but it's true. You are both adamant in your opinions and never bend on your viewpoints. You are both blunt and to the point in your opinions and your writing reflects that bluntness in almost every post. Not always a bad thing, but it seems to rub you both the wrong way.

LOL:) You made good points here, it sounds like me and someone I know.:p

mahayana
11-24-2003, 09:25 PM
There's an old saying "If the shoe fits, wear it."

In Tennessee they usually add "if it don't, kick it off."

I think the only really unfair thing here is that the Clay dude can't defend himself.

Don't know about you guys, but I really enjoy having a place to express thoughts and hear what others think. I like all of you.

The first post from Karen's Be Nice thread has already been pasted on one other thread tonight.

Funny, huh?

lovemyshiba
11-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the apology GCG--it didn't bother me, personally, but I know it could be rude and offensive to others.
I'm glad you are learning from it.
:) :) :) :) :)

carole
11-24-2003, 10:14 PM
'Ditto"!!!!!

shais_mom
11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
:eek:
Thanks Green Chameleon Girl.

wow this thread certainly has taken several different topics!
:eek:

Twisterdog
11-24-2003, 11:42 PM
ya Im learning about this one right now. I read the replies and I thought to my self OMG what have I done lol It wont happen again you have my word.

Good job! :)

bluekat
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the apology GCG:)

This thread has taken to alot of different subjects!:eek: lol, for a minute there, I really forgot what thread it was.:p

G.P.girl
11-25-2003, 05:11 PM
i agree!
good job apologizing GCG :cool: that's a sign of maturity:D

green_chameleon_girl
11-25-2003, 07:59 PM
thanks guys lol!!!:D your all so nice!:D My friends (from school) would be so offendedand never forgive me lol