PDA

View Full Version : Your first love....

Rottieluver45
11-22-2003, 08:51 PM
What was it like? I mean a person, not a pet. I`m 15, and I think I`ve been in love. His name was Robert, I liked him so much. He moved to the house across mine, and I would see him everyday, b/c he and my brother would play basketball all the time, like everyday. But we moved to Austin, and I was crushed. I still miss him ALOT and it`s been about 6 months. I still get sad when I think of him, in fact a couple days I was sobbing over him. I miss him sooo much.He was a "skater", I guess you could call him that, he was 20. Yeah, I know 15 and 20...never gonna happen. I knew that I just couldn`t help but fall for him...hard.:(

I wanna hear first love stories. What`s yours?

* I didn`t know where to put this thread, so it`s in the dog house.*

CathyBogart
11-22-2003, 10:14 PM
My first love...ended up being a mistake, but in the beginning was bliss. His name is Myke. I met him my freshman year of High School, and liked him immediately. I admit that he wasn't especially good looking, but he was charming and playful, and he got my attention immediately. We wound up being together off and on for 2 1/2 years. I was 14 when we got together, and he was 17. Looking back, it seems a little odd, but I grew up very quickly so the emotional difference was very little.

After Myke, I met the man to whom I'm now engaged! *HAPPY*

Rio and Me
11-23-2003, 04:02 AM
Well ive had some boyfriend but none i would say ive been in love with till now my current boyfriend who has by far beaten the others!
been with him for a year (on newyears eve), hes the only one who loves my animals as much as i do, (i should have known the others werent right when they didnt like aniamls).
hes kind, sensitive, parents like him (thats a biggy,lol)
so yep hes my first true love :) (his name is Danny by the way)
Ky and Rio

neko1
11-23-2003, 07:48 AM
My first love is my husband, Brian. We've been together for 7 years. (and married for 5 months!!! :) ) Before that, I only dated a couple of people when I was in high school, nothing serious. Brian and I actually went to the same high school, but we didn't know each other back then. We didn't meet until after my first year of college. We met through mutual friends and have been inseperable ever since.:D

Tonya
11-23-2003, 08:58 AM
I was 15. His name was Sean. Everyone said that we were to young. I was devastated when we broke up. We saw eachother off and on over the years. (Up until right before Mike in fact.) He cried when I got married. His sister is my bestfriend and I lived with him family in highschool. His mother tutors my son. I still hang out with him here and there if I bump into him at his mom's or something. He's an awesome guy, but we always crossed eachother's paths at the wrong time. I know it's horrible to say since I am married, but I will be very sad when he finally gets married.

I have to add, my first love that has lasted and is a mature relationship is most definately my husband. He's the only one that I've happily stayed with after all the fairy tale cheesy new love part goes away. I fall more and more in love with him everyday.

KYS
11-23-2003, 09:33 AM
I had many crushes in Jr. high and High School,
but my first love was my husband.

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 11:13 AM
My first love is Simba. I know you said not pets, but that's honestly how it is. I've had "crushes" but haven't truely "loved" anyone human, like I have Simba.

Dogz
11-23-2003, 11:23 AM
I haven't had a 'true love' yet. I know you said not pets, but those are my only loves.:)

Cookiebaker
11-23-2003, 12:37 PM
I had a crush on Mark since I was about 12 or 13. Little did I know that all that time, he had a crush on me. He was and still is my first love! :o:D

Karen
11-23-2003, 12:50 PM
I had friends and good friends that were boys before, but my first love is Paul - Pet Talk founder/moderator extraordinaire! ;)

carole
11-23-2003, 01:30 PM
My first love was Don , he was a canadian with red hair and freckles, and he was good looking, well at least I thought so, my girlfriend dated his brother Brian, who knows what happened to him, I was 16 at the time, and he dumped me because I would not DO IT with him, no big loss eh?

I have only regretted letting two other loves go, Simon who was English, and the sweetest guy ever, he was 17 and I was 19, and he wanted to marry me, I was not even slightly interested at that age, I kinda treated him bad, and he did not deserve it, and Dan my older gentlemen from USA, not to worry I found the love of my life, later on in life , my present hubby Steve, and he is the one for me.:) ;)

2kitties
11-23-2003, 02:32 PM
I met my first love when I was in the 3rd grade. I walked into my 3rd/4th grade combo class and there he was, over in the 4th grade section. I was a goner. He didn't love me back for several years, but I never stopped loving him for one second. In 8th grade, he was finally my boyfriend. In 9th grade, we broke up for a while and got back together. We dated on and off through high school. We'd break up and date other people but it just wasn't the same. Everything we did was in some way connected to the other. He was my first boyfriend, my first crush, my first love, my first love making. I never got over him. He went away to the service and I went away to college. Years later he was home on leave and some weird fate brought us to the same place. We tried to reconnect as it appeared neither of us has ever stopped carrying that torch. But, as adults, we learned what is precious in the past should remain in the past. Sometimes we grow up and the experiences of our youth do not grow with us. He was the love of my youth, not the love of my life. I know that now. But I belive that love is love and it shapes us.
I'll always love him, so I know without doubt it was real and not puppy love. But finally, after 20 years, I'm over him.

Relentless
11-23-2003, 03:09 PM
My first love was a girl named Chelsea. I met her when I was sixteen working at McDonalds, she was really friendly, and she started hanging out with my friends and I, I remember one time she got sick for a couple weeks and we'd always visit her at her house, something we wouldn't usually do for any of our other friends but because she was someone that EVERYONE liked we did. Then when she was better she came over to Tasha's house(where we always used to hang out) and gave everyone a hug and told us all how much she missed us, but she gave me an extra long hug and told she missed me most. Not too long after that we started going out for about six monthes and then broke up but we still were friends, now recently she moved in with me as a roomate and that works pretty well.

Twisterdog
11-23-2003, 04:56 PM
My first love was my son's father. He ended up being a jerk, and I'm so better off without him. But, it was fun while it lasted, I suppse, and I learned a lot, and have a great kid! :)

Samantha Puppy
11-24-2003, 09:40 AM
My first love is my fiancee, Josh. We met in 6th grade and started hanging out in high school. Senior year, we started dating and the rest is history... Now I'm going to be his wife in just a tad over six months. :D :D :D :D

Logan
11-24-2003, 09:46 AM
My first love was my daughter's father. We started dating when we were 15, got married at 22, and we were sadly :( divorced when we were 30. I spend half my life with him.

On a happier note, although we are not good friends now, we do get along just fine, and we have a happy, well adjusted, daughter, who loves both of us dearly. :)

tikeyas_mom
11-24-2003, 12:17 PM
My first love was johnny depp, and I still love him lmao.

babolaypo65
11-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
My first love was johnny depp, and I still love him lmao.

People magazine just named him the sexiest man alive!

tikeyas_mom
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
People magazine just named him the sexiest man alive!

maybe that is because he is the sexiest man alive!!! JMHO!!! ;)

mahayana
11-29-2003, 08:23 AM
I wrote a song once with a verse about her.

"When I was 14 years old I wanted to get married.
She was the one, but we were too young.
Her father got transferred. They moved 2000 miles away.
I used to write her every day, for a long time."

We played Scrabble, rode our bikes to the High School to play tennis, did a lot of slow-dancing and kissing.

I met her once years later, but we had both changed. I was with the girl in verse 3 by then, hah!

Foam
11-30-2003, 09:04 PM
I've never been in real love yet, but I've fallen hard for people.
This summer, I thought I found my first love but no. He was just the one I've fallen hardest for so far. :)

Rottieluver45
11-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Foam
I've never been in real love yet, but I've fallen hard for people.
This summer, I thought I found my first love but no. He was just the one I've fallen hardest for so far. :)

That`s what I`m trying to figure out. If i fell in love or just fell really hard. I still miss him and it`s been 6 months. Ughhh! Love is tricky!

RICHARD
12-03-2003, 06:01 PM
So true,

You don't fall in love, you fall FOR love...
and then you can't get up again...

My first love????

All of them!

:cool:

wolfsoul
12-04-2003, 12:40 AM
I remember being in grade 8 and having a boyfriend. I look back and think of how immature I was, but I definatly felt it. A tingly feeling almost like butterflies but much better. That was definatly love.

I've dated since then, but no love. Meh.

wolf_Q
12-04-2003, 01:11 AM
I've never been on a date or even been asked out. So I haven't had a "first love." I'm just a loser. :D

zanzanfergie
12-04-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I've never been on a date or even been asked out. So I haven't had a "first love." I'm just a loser. :D
Dearheart, don't you be so hard on yourself. You don't have to be asked out to be in love. It's in your heart and it's what keeps you warm and gives your tingles in your tummy and sparkles in your eyes, and when you find your first love you'll know, and then maybe he won't even need to ask you out because you'll have met each other halfway across the room.

LoudLou
12-04-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Wolf_Q! YOU ARE NOT A LOSER!!! * Ok, no more yelling* ;)

I was in the same boat when I was your age. Never dated. I was never asked out until my early 20's. I can honestly and happliy say that my husband of 7 years is truly my first love.:o :D

kitten645
12-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Dearheart, don't you be so hard on yourself. You don't have to be asked out to be in love. It's in your heart and it's what keeps you warm and gives your tingles in your tummy and sparkles in your eyes, and when you find your first love you'll know, and then maybe he won't even need to ask you out because you'll have met each other halfway across the room.

Exactly..I never was asked out as a teen either. Went to an all girls highschool which made things even harder. However, my first love was a rock and roll star. Everyone (parents et al) said it was just a crush..teen love etc. But I knew I was truly in love. I carried that torch for twenty years. I finally met him in person a few years back and he was everything I knew he always was. We are greatest of friends now and I can honestly say I love him just as much today but in a different way. He is the love of my life because he's been with me since I was so young. It's lovely to know he's well and a part of my life now.

iceyshiver21
12-05-2003, 11:45 PM
First love?! You mean the first guy to give me the nickname curly poodle fry?! The one that I went to school for?! The one with thee awsomest spikey hair?! You mean the one that was right there all the time??! You mean the one that moved?! awe. explaination?!

Last year, my freshman year in high school, I met a guy named Tweeky (his real name it nathan, but hes a spaz and tweeks out) anyway..I kinda got to know him, he was a really random, easily amused, and really cool guy. well about three days into this school year, school let out for the day and im standing by my locker(from which you can see the kids comming out of the math wing of the school) and this guy walks out. I just about fell right over. All I could think about was "OMG! Is that tweeky?!?" So I started talking to him..and getting to know him, I started to keep him out of trouble(he always ran away) I got him to quite smoking, and really really really started to like him and last week he moved. I never got to say goodbye, and dont have a clue were he went. I miss him so very much. I heard he went to monanta..so if any of you hear of a spikey haired Nathan who runs away alot and possible will end up living in the group home again tell him that I miss him. :(

Rottieluver45
12-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie

WOW! Thats like Sooooooo right!

Even if I hadn`t moved Robert and I would never be together. He didnt even know how much I liked him. He just knew that I did. He never knew how much, and that`s the one thing I regret, never telling him how much I loved him....I just told him to have a happy life! I`m an idiot I feel soooooo stupid for saying that! My mom told him I liked him, I don`t really know what she said though. All I know is that he knows I had a *crush* on him. And now I will NEVER talk to him again b/c he`s in California and I`m in Texas. Uggghhh I miss him soooo much! How long will this go on?I`m sick of missing him. :( I either want him back or I want to just stop thinking about him.

Originally posted by RICHARD
So true,

You don't fall in love, you fall FOR love...
and then you can't get up again...

Well, I`ve fallen and I can`t get up. :(:o

CountryWolf07
12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Hmmmmm.. I'd have to say.. I fell head over heels for a guy.. or two.. but no real love yet.. :)

2kitties
12-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Last year, I watched a documentary on Dicovery Science channel. It was a scientific exploration of hormones, etc. It talked about teen love and teen emotion. Apparently, chemicals in the brain actually cause teens to experience deeper feelings of emotion than adults. So, when teens think losing their boyfriend of 3 weeks is the end of the world, the ACTUALLY feel like it is the end of the world. So, while I don't believe teen love is the same emotional, mature bond of adult love, I do believe it exists and causes deep happiness and pain in a young person. Puppy love, for lack of a better term, is very very real.

Miranda_Rae
11-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I want my first love to be my husband. :) When I consider the guys I have had crushes on, I consider it "liking" not loving because to me, loving is a VERY strong word and to me it means eternal, forever, and you don't know how long you are going to like your "crushes", and I want to save that for my husband. :) I know, I am weird. :p

RICHARD
11-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
Hmmmmm.. I'd have to say.. I fell head over heels for a guy.. or two.. but no real love yet.. :)

Head over heels love= hold on the person with the reins in their hands.

Real love=get two horses, one for you and one for your partner!

That way, if you 'fall' you only have yourself to blame.

;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-01-2004, 03:22 PM
My first love was a Miniature Dachshund:D I have never dated anyone in my life because I have absolutley NO interest in anyone at all. I never have, I'd rather live by myself with a few dogs:D I know, I'm weird.

lizzielou742
11-01-2004, 03:59 PM
OMG what a fun thread. This is really old but fun!

My first love shall remain nameless. I call him Fat B_ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank, think Austin Powers movie). I haven't said his real name out loud in years. We started dating when we were 16. On our first date, we went to see the movie "Titanic," which had just opened in the theatres. He was wonderful at first, but it all changed after the first year. He became very controlling and verbally abusive. It only got worse when I went off to college at the University of Kentucky and he went to the University of Findlay, four hours away. He used to call and 'check up' on me constantly, and couldn't handle the thought of my making new friends. For me, the last straw was in the second semester of my freshman year, when I came home from class one day to find 21 messages on my answering machine from him, filled with swear words and screams about what an awful person I was for going out with someone else (which, by the way, I never did. I was just at class! Amazing how a person's mind plays tricks on them.) I ended our 2 1/2 year relationship right then and there. It really messed me up for a while.

:rolleyes: Boys are stupid! :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I found a great guy three years ago and we're still together! :D

Miranda_Rae
11-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
My first love was a Miniature Dachshund:D I have never dated anyone in my life because I have absolutley NO interest in anyone at all. I never have, I'd rather live by myself with a few dogs:D I know, I'm weird.

You aren't weird! I would have said Heidi as my first love, but I knew they were talking about people. :) Its the total opposite for me....I NEED someone to love and to love me. Thats just the way that I am. :o

guster girl
11-02-2004, 02:08 AM
I loved my husband (now ex), obviously, but, I was only sixteen when I met him. It was a true love, but, not like how I fell in love with my ex boyfriend (whom I dated about a year after my divorce). I still haven't decided if it was a mistake or not. He most certainly, though, was my first real, true, hard, passionate, adult love and my first real, true, hard, passionate, adult heartbreak as well. His name is Brandon.

heinz57_79
11-02-2004, 03:49 AM
My first love was in high school. For 5 years, whenever I saw her my heart would stop, my tongue would get tied, and I'd just want to throw my arms around her. However, to this day, she never knew how I felt. I had already come out, and was fairly open about it. But she had several boyfriends. So I never said a word. Then, about a year after we graduated she came out to me in an email. I all but jumped thru the computer and throttled her! :rolleyes: Still I didn't say a thing about how I had loved her all those years. And even tho i love Bella with all my heart, every once in a great while I get a twinge of "what if". It will probably be years, if ever, before I get to see her again, her being in Australia and all.

But besides Leanne, Bella is my true love, my soulmate and my world. I wouldn't trade what I have with her for anything.

ChrisH
11-02-2004, 06:25 AM
My first love is also my last. Long story but to cut it short ...

We were forced apart when I became pregnant a month before my 16th birthday. Our child was born in 1962 but it wasn't until 1973 that Fred and I met up again and married. Of course in those 11 inbetween years there were other loves, but no-one who compared to Fred. Our time together way too short, he died in 1981, but, although not perfect, it was the happiest time. I still miss him.

Chris

Tonya
11-02-2004, 09:00 AM
My first love came to my Halloween party on Saturday. I had invited him and his family, but I didn't expect them to come. His sister came first and then he showed up later with a few friends. After all these years, my heart still starts racing and I get the shakes when I see him. (Don't worry, my husband is my true forever love! This guy is from years ago.) It's wierd because him and my husband get along really well. They have alot in common. It dawned on me when they were hanging out Saturday night that they are alot alike.

ILoveReptiles
11-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Well I met my first love back in High School. His name was Bruce and we dated for just about 4 years. I was only 16 at the time, and he was 21.

He joined the Air Force, much to my chagrin, and was shipped off to Germany. We pretty much grew apart after that, and I slowly realized he wasn't all that intelligent, so I got rather bored with him.

He was already dating someone else before we even officially broke it off.

Since then, I've had 4 ex's and all of them were idiots. Two of them were cheating on me, one was a total turnoff, and the fourth was always trying to one-up me in everything... It got really irritating after a while.

Then I met my current boyfriend, whom I fully intend to spend the rest of my life with.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-02-2004, 10:09 AM
My first love!! *sigh*

I think about him all the time.... and that is all i'm gonna say!!!;) :D

KYS
11-02-2004, 06:25 PM
My first true love was my x-husband.
We met at work when I was 23 yrs old.

DJFyrewolf36
11-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Sigh...

My first "crush" was in 1st grade lol. I was put in a "special" class :p because I wasn't paying atention in kindergarden (I was bored as H**l, thats why). He was in the special class for the same reason (I can't even remember his name right now lol). Anyway, he was the only one that talked to me because all the other kids thought we were freaks or something. He even drew me a picture for my birthday. We were good friends then I switched schools and he moved out of town :(. I saw him once when I was about 13 and he was HOT lol. I was kind of miffed that he was only visiting town...sigh.

My first "love" though has to be my husband. I've been with many people through the years and I've been through a lot of abuse at the hands of people that "loved" me. I'll admit to being in lust (thats what usually got me into trouble) but I don't think I have ever known love in the way I do now. My husband is my best friend, my lover and everything in between. He is the sweetest guy I've ever known and he treats me like a goddess. I could ramble on and on lol.

I love my hubby!! :D