PDA

View Full Version : Prince had his very FIRST sledding class today!

Dogz
11-22-2003, 08:17 PM
YES! PRINCE HAD HIS FIRST SLEDDING CLASS!
Well, there isn't any snow yet (it all melted) but we went over to Michelle's house (Prince's trainer) and first she wanted to see if it scared him for something to drag behind him, so she just took a little sled, and put a small log in there. It didn't scare him at all. He really wanted to pull it!
Then.... IN CAME THE HUSKIES! There were 4 on the first run. Her huskies are just gorgeous! They then got hooked up to the cart, and we went about 2 blocks. Prince was the wheel dog, so he could learn the hardest first. Plus he doesn't know the commands haw(left) and gee(right) yet. After the run, they all rested and we warmed up, it was really cold! After that ALL of the sibes got hooked up to the four-wheeler, so they could exercise (no they don't pull the four-wheeler.;)) That was a really long ride, her dogs are just amazing. Across the line from Prince was a beautiful dog named Molly, but Prince kept getting on the wrong side at first (flinching from traffic) so we put him as the wheel dog again with Scooby. A gorgeous pure white husky. Prince is really tired tonight, he slept the whole way home. I would have taken some pictures, but my camera hasn't arrived from being fixed yet.

Also, Michelle has 5 shelties. 1 is like Kaedyn, and the rest are grey. They are also very cute, she does agility with them. We didn't have time to take them out, but hopefully I will be able to take a couple pictures next week, even though I am pretty busy during classes. Also she has a border collie named Hailey.

I am very proud of Prince. Good Boy!:D

KYS
11-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Good boy Prince for doing so well on your first lesson.
Hurry up and get your camera back
so we can see pics on the next lesson.

stacwase
11-22-2003, 08:51 PM
I can't wait to see him pulling a sled!

Aspen and Misty
11-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Thats sounds like ALOT of fun!!!
Lucky you!

Ash

Dogz
11-22-2003, 10:20 PM
I hope that it snows soon so we CAN start using the sled, that will be so much fun.:)

I really hope I will be able to get some pics next week, hopefully I will have a little extra time to take a few shots.

wolf_Q
11-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Ohh that sounds like fun! Good boy Prince! :D I wish there was something like that around here, I bet Nebo would love it! Hope you get pics soon!

Dogz
11-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Ohh that sounds like fun! Good boy Prince! :D I wish there was something like that around here, I bet Nebo would love it! Hope you get pics soon!

I am very surprised that there is something like this around here!:eek:
I have always wanted to dog sled.
Michelle said that after Prince knows how to lead (probably this winter) we will be going to some races, and I get to run Prince and some of her dogs. They probably won't win, but she has some dogs that will run Prince's pace, so it would be even. Last year she said that there was a three-year-old that got first place with his Alaskans!:eek:

Toby's Mommy
11-23-2003, 01:03 PM
i can't wait to see pics!!!
bring me with you next week!!!