PDA

View Full Version : A short story : Dark Blue Casket

Kfamr
11-22-2003, 11:36 AM
I wrote this for my English 2 class. We has to pretend like we were a passenger of the Titanic. I wrote it on Oct. 30th.
I got a 100% on it while other's got way lower scores. :p
Some of it may or may not make sense, cause really I know nothing about the Titanic.

Dark Blue Casket

It was a cold, dreary night.
A day in April - 1912
I was on her lower deck, Her being named the 'unsinkable' Titanic.

I wasn't in the best part of her, as the lower deck was for not so wealthy people. But, I was proud to be a part of her first voyage. A story I could tell my grandchildren in the future.

Suddenly, she spoke to me. A loud, grumbling screaching sound.
What was it, I thought? Soon I had found my answer. As I looked into the halls - Everyone was running. Water began rushing into our cabins and rooms. What was going on? What had happened to the unsinkable.

Then it hit me. The waters that were once her chilly, icey bed - Were soon to become her dark, frozen death bed. She had hit an iceberg. One who had began to take her life, as well as her passengers.

I went out to the deck, maybe i'd have an escape. Just maybe there was enough room for me on one of the lifeboats.
Life boat, after lifeboat - They were filled with the upper-class women and children. There was no room for such an under-class person like me. I didn't have an escape.

So I stood there, looking into my Dark Blue Casket as I held onto the cold metal railing. It was my fate.
I hade no hope, I now had no destination. As it once was to arrive in New York, it's now a shivering chilled death.
My destination, my death.

Children and mothers screamed and cried, as fathers and young men tried to get them to safety. That's what everyone wanted, a nice warm place for safety. But, for me I knew there was no such place now.

The bow of her began to crack, as the other half of her filled with icey water. She then cracked in half, just like a small twig would on a warm fall day. She plunged into the water, as her people dove.

I had nothing left to do - so I did as any helpless person would.
I dove into my Dark Blue Casket. A casket which brought me to my peaceful rest.

As I faded out, she sunk completely.
She was gone - And her passengers, some alive - some joined her.

My Dark Blue Casket became a warm fall day - and I was gone.

Moose
11-22-2003, 11:51 AM
W:eek:W! KayKay, I can't decide what I think your best talent is! Photography, writing stories, writing poems.....jeez. Hm, I've decided your good at just about everything! I couldn't write a good story for the life of me.....heck, I probably couldn't even write one that would actually be worth reading. lol.

I can see why you got such a high grade on it....jeez girlie, you a star. lol ;)

Kfamr
11-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks Brooke. :) I em speshull.:p

Sevens
11-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Kay, that was incredible!

Such imagery! I love it when reading something makes me see so clearly, as if I was there watching.

Congrats! I think you should've gotten 120% instead of 100%!:D

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Thanks! :D :D

Dogz
11-23-2003, 11:34 AM
W:eek:W Kay you are good at so many things! That's a great story, I think you deserve the grade that you got (or 120% like Sevens said)
I also like how you can see an image in your mind, I love when peoples stories can do that.

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Thanks Emma. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-23-2003, 11:03 PM
That's great! :eek: Poems, Photography, Story writing...Geez! :p You have many talents. :)