PDA

View Full Version : Dog Dragged Behind Vehicle In Intensive Care *sad*

Tonya
11-21-2003, 09:52 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif., 6:12 p.m. PST November 21, 2003 - A 1-year-old dog is in intensive care after -- veterinarians say -- she was dragged behind a vehicle.

On Thursday, the German Shepard was found on the side of the road in North Highlands at the corner of Diablo and Wood Forest.

The dog's pads have been ripped up, and the fur and skin on both shoulders have been torn away. And it appears -- at some point -- she was dragged on her belly, according to veterinarian Dr. Cindi Delany.

"It appears she tried to keep up with the truck by running, at which point she lost all of the pads on her feet. And it looks like, when she couldn't keep up any longer, her legs went behind her and she was drug along her shoulders and along her knees," Delany said.

The dog's owner has yet to claim her. With no eye witnesses, Animal Control officers have little to go on. What they do know is that someone could be charged with a misdemeanor for not securing an animal properly, which is a vehicle code violation.

Animal Control suggests keeping the animal inside the vehicle or inside a camper shell on the back of a pickup. If a crate is used, both sides have to be secured. If not, the crate can tip over and, in some cases, bounce out of the vehicle. And in an open-air pickup, the dog should have a cross restraint or cross tether.

The injured dog is being treated at the Sacramento County Animal Shelter. She will need medical attention for at least another month. If her owner does not show up, she will become available for adoption.

If any one has any information about the case, they're urged to call the Sacramento County Animal Shelter.

http://images.ibsys.com/2003/1122/2657145_200X150.jpg

http://images.ibsys.com/2003/1122/2657146_200X150.jpg

G.P.girl
11-21-2003, 09:59 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: awwww that's so sad!!!
why do people do things like that:mad: :mad: :mad:
$&@%$!#%*&(@#%@%#@ idiots!

GoldenRetrLuver
11-22-2003, 10:33 AM
:eek::eek::eek:
:(:(:(
:mad::mad::mad:

Poor dog. :(

lovemyshiba
11-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Things like this make my blood boil:mad:

What were these creatures thinking when they tied that dog to the car--that it might be fun? the dog would enjoy the exercise? it would be funny? the dog loved to run, so why not let it try to keep up with the car?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bluekat
11-23-2003, 10:35 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

In a humane society show, a saw an episode where this idiot was driving his car with his hand out the window holding the leash of his rottie while the dog was running outside trying to keep up:mad: :mad: . There was a woman who saw it happen. The man was driving and then he would slow the car down a little, then drive faster again. The dog is fully recovered now, thank god:) But the pads of her feet were all torn off, and she was severely injured.:( But I'm just glad she's ok now.
I forgot what they did with the man, but I hope he got what he deserved.

Dogz
11-23-2003, 11:05 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
:( :( :(
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Some people.:mad: Poor pup, I hope he gets adopted to a LOVING home.

ramanth
11-24-2003, 10:06 AM
:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope the poor pup finds a loving home soon.

I have no words for the vermin who did that to her.