PDA

View Full Version : Wow.....what a turnaround!! :)

Moose
11-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Okay....I really can't decide if I'm supposed to be happy or sad, lol.....something bad happens, and then two seconds later something amazing happens. :p

Unfortunately, no good news about my dad yet.....however, the story has definitely changed as far as my boyfriend [er, well.....you'll see ;)] and I go. :D:D

As you know, we were in a little bit of an argument for the past few days [roughest few days I've had in a long time]. Josh [my boyfriend] called me earlier today and asked me if he could come over later tonight. He ended up coming over at 6 or so, and we sat down outside on the porch and talked for about an hour and a half. He told me how much he missed me over the past few days and how much realized that he doesn't want to be without me or lose me again. I may be an idiot for letting myself fall into it, but my heart melted when he said that.....and just the way he said it.....-->sigh<-- lol. We worked everything out and things were basically back to normal, and before I knew it he was down on one knee, holding my hand, and asking me to marry him.

Silenced in complete shock, all I could do was stand there, mouth wide open, and stare at him for a good five minutes or so. lol. Even after 4 years of a serious relationship, I could never have pictured the day he would ask me to marry him. Surprise, surprise, I said yes. :):D

Hold on, though....before you start thinking I'm an idiot, lol. Yes, I'm only 21.....but I never said we were going to get married anytime soon. We've decided to have a long engagement and probably won't even consider actually getting married for no less than like a year and a half [even two years, possibly].

I know I sound crazy, but I really love him....and when I'm not with him, I'm miserable. He makes me so happy, and when I'm with him I forget about most of the things that are really bothering me. He has been right by my side through all this crap with my dad and his cancer, and he has helped me work through it from the beginning to now.

I don't think I've ever been this happy in the longest time. :D Eek!! lol :eek::eek:

Okay, now that I've rambled on about this and spilled my guts, lol.....I want to know what you think. Do you think we're being ridiculous??? I really would like your opinions.......please? Are we too young? My parents got married when they were around 24....and by the time we actually set the date and really decide we're ready, we'd be around 23 or 24. The key point in that last sentence was that we won't set a date until we're ready. So, what do you think?

jenfer
11-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Congratulation! I am happy for you. :D

Amber
11-21-2003, 09:10 PM
YAY!! Congrats Brooke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so Happy for you!! Congrats Congrats!

Dogz
11-21-2003, 09:11 PM
I got your IM.:)

Wow! Congratulations Brooke, I think this is great news! Does he like Moose?;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-21-2003, 09:12 PM
ROCK ON!

Way To GOOOOOO BROOKE!!! HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY HURRRRRRAYYYY!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooo happpppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

*dances*

Moose
11-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks so much, guys! I'm absolutely ecstatic right now! :D :D

Emma, he loves Moose....and Moose absolutely adores Josh! I think sometimes they pay more attention to each other than they do to me. lol ;)

Dogz
11-21-2003, 09:15 PM
That's great news too!:D:D

I mean how could this go on if there wasn't a bond between them? That's great that they both like each other.

I am so happy for you!

Moose
11-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Thanks, Emma! :)

Tonya
11-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Congratulations! I am very happy for you.

I think *many* people are mature enough to marry by 23ish. Age doesn't matter if you are meant to be.

Moose
11-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Tonya....and I completely agree! :) Thank God, my parents do too. :D I just called them to tell them, and amazingly, they support us. Wow, didn't see that one coming. lol. And yes, I told you guys before my parents. :) ;) :D

trayi52
11-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Congragulations, Brooke, I am glad you are so happy. I got married when I was 17, I am still married, been married for 33 years. Just think of it as forever, the both of you. Its good to hear that something wonderful has brightened your life. Thats a good way to heal.:) :) :)

G.P.girl
11-21-2003, 09:56 PM
congratulations! it's good that you guys are mature enough too wait while your engaged. i'm happy for you!:D

CatDad
11-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! I am very happy for the 2 of you.:)

I think you are fine, agewise. You are mature enough to consider your age, that says something.;) Plus you are not rushing into anything that is good also.

I think you'll be fine.:D

GoldenRetrLuver
11-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Like I told you before...CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D I don't think 21 is too young, as long as you both are mature. ;) I'm so happy for you!!! :) :) :)

Moose
11-21-2003, 11:47 PM
THANKS!!!!!!

lol :) :D :) :D

BTW -- Josh thanks you too, I showed him this thread. lol

mugsy
11-22-2003, 07:37 AM
Congrats!! I say age doesn't matter, maturity does. If you two are able to talk about your differences and come to an agreement and are willing to take on the daunting task of marriage (and it is A LOT of work), then I say go for it and don't look back and don't listen to your critics. I didn't get married until I was 37, but, I wasn't ready and I certainly wasn't looking, when BAM, Mike came into my life. Everyone is different and you need to do what is right for you and Josh.

PS(JOSH: you realize that you HAVE to be nice to Brooke now, she's the got Pet Talkers behind her ;) )

primabella
11-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Aww Brooke I'm so happy for you! Congrats! :D

Whenever you guys are ready to get married is the right time to get married. :) Seems like you guys really care for eachother...I wish the best of luck to both of you! :D

ChrisH
11-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Brooke, that is wonderful!!:D Congratulations!!:) :)

Samantha Puppy
11-22-2003, 09:08 AM
I don't know your complete history with your Josh (my fiancee is Josh, too), but I can tell you that our road to being engaged was not an easy one. We had plenty of break-ups and other not-so-stellar moments and there were times I thought it was a lost cause. But, I perservered. And now I'm engaged to him. (If you'd like to talk more in depth, feel free to PM me. It ended happily, so I don't mind talking about it! Besides, without all those bad times, we wouldn't be the people we are today.)

Go with what your heart tells you - it's a lot more trustworthy that society realizes.

bluekat
11-22-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm so happy for you!!!!:D:D:D
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I don't think that you're too young to get married. At least you're mature enough, so age doesn't really matter.

CamCamPup33
11-22-2003, 09:21 AM
WOW! When you said that you guys worked it out and everything im like Aww thats so good.. -Reading on- :eek: < thats how i turned! :D Congratulations Josh and Brooke! And moose too!

lynnestankard
11-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Aw Brooke Congratulations to you both - no 21 isn't too young and as long as the two of you can talk any problems through - you'll be good!

May I wish you both a happy engagement and a long and happy married life - when you decide the times right. Listen to each other - and not to other people.

Lynne

Foam
11-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Congratulations future Mrs. Josh!!!!! =DDDD I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moose
11-22-2003, 11:46 AM
:D :) :D

Thanks guys! My head is still in the clouds right now. lol. ;)

Originally posted by mugsy
PS(JOSH: you realize that you HAVE to be nice to Brooke now, she's the got Pet Talkers behind her)

Ooooh.....he's well aware. lol ;) :p