PDA

View Full Version : Butch the Rottweiler found on beach.

Paul
08-02-2001, 12:34 PM
   K9Karen pointed out an article about Butch the Rottweiler (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/07312001_nw_butchthedog.html) who was found by a fisherman on Poverty Beach in Cape May, New Jersey.

The above link opens a page on the WPVI-TV website with a short text description of what has happened to Butch. It also contains a window with the video that was broadcast on tv. The video has a lot more detail but it is also very, very sad. Butch has had a hard life so far.

AdoreMyDogs
08-02-2001, 01:41 PM
Some people are so sick. That poor dog. He has such a gentle face, how can people do that? I just don't understand :(

tatsxxx11
08-02-2001, 04:56 PM
I am ashamed to say that whomever did this to this beautiful, gentle dog is from my home state. I pray for his full recovery, emotional as well as physical, and that his forever home is just a phone call away. Bless you, sweet Butch.

Sudilar
08-02-2001, 07:37 PM
I am so upset. That beautiful dog did nothing to deserve that. I am angry. How could they!!! :mad:

Daisy's Mom
08-03-2001, 12:02 AM
I don't understand it. I cry if I accidentally hurt Daisy at all. How can someone purposfully beat their dog? And then LIVE with themselves? I guess it takes a very sick person to do something like this. Poor Butch. My heart goes out to him, as do my prayers for a quick recovery and adoption.

Pam
08-03-2001, 06:48 AM
I saw this on TV too. I live about 10 miles south of Philadelphia and it was local news for me too. I could barely watch it. It was AWFUL! I think that people harm animals are some of the most despicable people in our society. What reason could anyone have to harm an animal? Anyone who would do this to an animal would probably not think twice about harming a human either. These people need to be watched and the punishment for this needs to be a big one! I certainly hope and pray that Butch recovers and this sick person is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law!! :mad:

mugsy
08-03-2001, 02:53 PM
My puter won't let me see the picture, but I'm not sure I really should see it. Personally I think that anyone who abuses another living thing, be it human, a dog, or a cat, should be prosecuted equally. I'm sorry, but a 1,000 dollar fine is nothing. I think that he or she should have to endure exactly what Butch did as their punishment and then spend 10 or 15 years in prison to think about what they did. But I don't have any strong opinions about dog abusers. Also, I pushed the wrong button and lost the phone number for the shelter where he is being housed. Even with our 10 I'd be willing to give him the kind of home he deserves.

Hbrika
08-22-2001, 03:19 PM
Thats horrible :( Rottweilers are big overgrown puppies.

Funny it should mention that he is gentle and shows no sign of fearing people. I hope someone takes him soon.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-22-2001, 04:16 PM
It sounds terrible and I don't think I can look at his picture. We need some sort of legislation at the Federal level that would give stiff penalties to people who abuse animals, any kind of animal. I feel that the more you hear of abuse to animals, the more you will hear of abuse to children and then more abuse to adults. These kind of horror stories are becoming more frequent and they need to stop now. It's pretty bad when I am afraid to let my dogs out in a fenced yard
without my supervision because I am afraid someone will steal them and who knows what would happen to them. :(