PDA

View Full Version : I know i already, posted one story but...

CamCamPup33
11-21-2003, 05:03 PM
I made a new one, one less boring, or i think so.. Here it is, its called :: In the ghetto of Vilna

We had lived in the ghetto of Vilna for my whole life, As long as I can remember.. They wanted to take me away from it all, the german.. What did the jewish do to deserve so much? Thoughts like that raced through my mind maybe more than 50 times a day.. I live here with papa, my older sister, Lena, and my mother, we only had a small space, the size of an attack, but then again It was very hard to get into the ghetto, to get a space the size of most germans family room, you just had to show the certificate. If you had the certificate, they let you in through the gate. So more than five thousand people got into Vilna.

We had ten thousand Jewish people in the two ghettos. The people that did not, get this yellow certificate, about 3,500 of them, were sent to the orphanage, the old-age home, even the the elderly, the sick, the children from many families, and many, many people that they came to their home last and there was no more room in the ghetto. They were put into the city synagogues, in the shulen, as we called it, in the shul.. So, without that simple piece of paper, you couldnt live in the ghetto or get out. I would give anything to live anywhere else, to eat like the other people in the cities, to have a real meal instead of a piece of bread each night, or to have as much water as I wanted, but god put us here for a reason, I believed, if he wanted us somewhere else, not to be jewish, then I would be there now.. Every evening I took walks to papa’s shop, or what used to be papa’s.. He had a candy shop. I still remember all the times me and lena would help papa, we often helped papa make many things.. Mama would come in on occasion and help us.. Papa showed us how to make taffy, choclates, many candies..

But I drifted back from the sweet taste of caramel and sweets, and came into reality, looking around, I remeber what used to be the town.. Pretty white buildings with colorful signs, painted to perfection, cars parked picking up whatever it may be in the store, then the real thing became visual.. I looked around blocking the sun out of my eyes and, what I saw wasnt white buildings, colorful signs, cars, or roads, what I saw was dirt instead road, brown knocked down buildings, which used to be as tall as the sky, or how I saw them, the colorful signs now marked with profane words towards the jewish. I looked down at the ground, now full of brown dirt, and cried.. I screamed “Why us! Why! God why!” I demanded an answer, but I knew I would never get an answer, not from lena, not from mama, or papa, not even god..

CamCamPup33
11-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Bump! :( :o

green_chameleon_girl
11-21-2003, 06:54 PM
MORE!! I like it alot!:D Its awsome! more more more!

GoldenRetrLuver
11-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Great story!! More! :D

CamCamPup33
11-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Here is an update for those of you who were reading!

I screamed “Why us! Why! God why!” I demanded an answer, but I knew I would never get an answer, not from lena, not from mama, or papa, not even god.. I stared at the ground for awhile.. I must have drifted off, because when I awoke I was on the floor, lying down.. I quickly stood up, reached in my pocket and took out papa’s pocket watch and looked at the time.. Oh god.. It was 9:30.. Thats past the curfew in Vilna.. If the jewish are seen out of there houses past 8:00 the german will take us back to their camp, where they all met, to dicuss the problems throughout the ghetto... I tried to walk as fast as I could, passing papas candy shop, looking down at the ground only.. I would get caught easily because of the bright yellow star on my coat.. It had a big J on it.. Jew.. I looked ahead and my house came into vision.. I looked around and picked up pace.. Walking faster, more cautiously.. “Hey! You there! Stop!” I froze right where I was, a few feet from my house and stood, my heart beating hard in my chest.. I wondered if he would hear it.. The flashlight shone bright in my eyes.. I tried to use my hand to block it.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-22-2003, 10:24 AM
MORE! MORE! MORE! :D

CamCamPup33
11-22-2003, 10:25 AM
A little bit more::

“Whats your name you fithy jew?” said the german.. I stumbled “My name is Liza.. I live here in Vilna.” I looked over at him.. He was dressed neatly, his shoes neatly polished, his clothes wrinkle free, not torn, unlike mine.. “Do you know what time it is Jew?” I wondered why he insisted on calling me jew, I told him my name.. “Yes sir, I just.. I mean.. I took a walk in the evening and drifted to sleep..” I said..

CamCamPup33
11-23-2003, 02:21 PM
I hope noone has lost intrest.. Is it getting boring?

Last Post:: “Whats your name you fithy jew?” said the german.. I stumbled “My name is Liza.. I live here in Vilna.” I looked over at him.. He was dressed neatly, his shoes neatly polished, his clothes wrinkle free, not torn, unlike mine.. “Do you know what time it is Jew?” I wondered why he insisted on calling me jew, I told him my name.. “Yes sir, I just.. I mean.. I took a walk in the evening and drifted to sleep..” I said..End last post

I said.. He looked me in the eye, then at the bright yellow star on my shirt.. “Next time a german soldier wont be this nice, where is your house?” said the german.. “Straight ahead..” He gestured me to go, so I walked away, as fast as I could walk.. I breathed deeply.. I walked in the door to find everyone surrounded by the little round table we ate at, when we had meals.. I looked around and looked down at the floor.. Lena pulled me to the side while everyone was still talking. Noone noticed I was even here.. “Liza! Where have you been?! Mama and Papa have been worried sick about you!” said Lena.. “I took a walk down to papa’s shop, and I must have cried myself to sleep, you havent seen what it looks like there Lena! You remember the old city! Me? I’ve seen the wrecked buildings, the rood remarks on the signs! You haven’t!” I cried.. “Ok liza, ok..” She hugged me tightly and told me it would all be over soon, and took me up back to my bed, “Go to sleep liza, it will all be over soon” Lena was such a form of comfort to me when I was upset, she was more like my mother than my real mother was..

CamCamPup33
11-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Bump! :( :o :o :o

primabella
11-23-2003, 04:40 PM
It's really good so far Amber. Keep it up. :D

popcornbird
11-24-2003, 02:50 AM
Good good. Great job! Keep going. :p

Ps. What inspired you to write this? :p

CamCamPup33
11-27-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Good good. Great job! Keep going. :p

Ps. What inspired you to write this? :p

I finished reading a story called Torn Thread, And i decided i wanted to write a story on something that intrests me! :p

Teeny tiny update!'

After she left, I decided to go and look out the window.. I sat on the windowsill and noticed something strange.. Something wasnt right.. There were trucks parked all throughout the dirt road.. As I looked more closely I noticed there we actually people standing near the trucks, from the looks of it germans..

wolfsoul
11-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Great story! :D

Have you ever read The Cage? It sounds like that lol. :p

CamCamPup33
11-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Great story! :D

Have you ever read The Cage? It sounds like that lol. :p

Nope! Thanks jordan! Your story is also amazing! :D

wolfsoul
11-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Nope! Thanks jordan! Your story is also amazing! :D
Thanks! :D

CamCamPup33
11-29-2003, 03:47 PM
*update!*

As I looked more closely I noticed there we actually people standing near the trucks, from the looks of it germans.. I watched for several more minutes until lena came in and saw I was up.. “Liza, you should already be asleep..” I gestured her to come over, I pulled the curtains back and said “Look, the germans are waiting for sunrise..” I understood a little bit of them talking.. I heard them say “ Gekommen, warten wir Sonnenaufgang, thats, wenn alle sie aufwecken, wir erhalten sie dann, gerechte Wartezeit” Which meant “Come, we will wait for sunrise, thats when they all wake, we will get them then, just wait”.. I understood german.. Most jews did.. I didn’t dare tell Lena what I heard, she would be worried.. “Liza, get away from there before the spot you!” Too late.. One of the german soliders pointed up to our window with his gun and called over another saying “Schauen Sie, Spione?” No. We werent spies.. They have it all wrong.

rizzy
12-02-2003, 08:54 PM
WOAH!!! this is really good, and interesting! moremoremoremore:D we need an update amber!lol;)

CamCamPup33
12-02-2003, 09:11 PM
They kept pointing their gun up at me, squinting to see me through the curtains, moving his head from side to side.. He approached the door, i could hear him tap on the door with his gun.. My heart felt like it was going to pop out of my chest, just like that.. He came in and said "Where is de girl?" He had poor english, though i think he had to memorize that for when he needed to 'invade' peoples homes... I was scared.. Worse than when one of the german guards caught me by papa's shop.. Still i couldnt help but wonder what would happen to me and lena, papa and mama..

HA! Leave ya hanging!
:p

rizzy
12-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Amber..:mad: :p more please:( :D
moremoremoremoremoremoremore

rizzy
12-02-2003, 09:21 PM
Amber, you could post about now! more PLEASE ;) lol

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 12:11 PM
:D Ok Ok!

I could hear talking, probably papa and the germans.. I did the only other thing i could think of.. Right outside of the door was a little space which was used for storage, and other things.. Right after all the clutter was a window, and thank god, there were no guards wating there.. I opened the window carefully trying not to make too much noise.. I really didnt know why i was leaving, i was too scared to try and sit and make sense.. I hopped onto the floor, going into a tumble sort of.. I looked around.. I was now in the back of our 'house' no one was around, and i ran over to the side.. No guards, they must be around the front.. I took the long way to papa's shop, Walking catiously, looking out for the trucks i saw earlier.. Along the way i saw a newspaper rolling along with the wind.. I ran after it and picked it up.. The title read "Hitler, now the most powerful man alive".. This is must be why the were parked in front of our house.. I sat on the step of papa's shop and looked around.. Still it looked horrible, what has the city become to? Just then some german guard trucks turned the corner, i tried to hide but there was no where to go, It was after hours..

rizzy
12-05-2003, 07:49 PM
yes, and then...more please!;) :)

CamCamPup33
12-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Just then some German guard trucks turned the corner, i tried to hide but there was no where to go, It was after hours and they would for sure see me.. I Found a little corner I may be able to hide in just until they left.. They had flashlights, so it would be an easy spotting.. The flashlight shown in my eyes. “You there!” I stumbled to get up and walked over to the truck that they were sitting in.. “Come with us” I wasn’t sure where exactly they were taking me, and I was scared..

rizzy
12-05-2003, 09:11 PM
You gotta post more than that to update us, girl! jk, its really good so far, more please! ;)