PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Angry!

dukedogsmom
11-21-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm so angry right now I don't know what to do. That so called "press conference" yesterday was a joke. And I wondered why no one was hardly talking to me or taking photos of Chance. The article came out in the paper today. Not a word about Chance or his situation. Nor did the woman have a photo board with Chance's history in pics, as she had said she would. It was all about her new mobile vet clinic that can be used to spay/neuter pets and a discounted rate. I sort of felt like a 3rd class citizen while I was there. The woman hardly even talked to me. Her assistant was very nice. Only one photographer took a pic of Chance. It was from a really small paper so I doubt many people will see it. I called the reporter that wrote the article. She said she was told nothing about Chance and was there for the woman's rescue/mobile vet unit. I asked her if she would consider doing an article for Chance. She said she'd have to check with her editor and call me back. So, hopefully something will be done. I really don't feel comfortable handing Chance over to her now. So, I've contacted a rescue group to see if they can foster Chance, now that his back is well. I am just really disappointed and hurt.

tikeyas_mom
11-21-2003, 03:47 PM
thats is so rude of them to do such a thing.!!!!! I hope poor chance gets adopted..

K9soul
11-21-2003, 04:03 PM
That's awful!! People are so callous. We're all rooting for Chance. I hope that reporter will get back to you and do something for Chance.

micki76
11-21-2003, 04:09 PM
No, please don’t give her Chance. That’s disgusting to me. I’d have to call her and give her a piece of my mind. In fact, I will if you’ll give me her #!

I’m sure there’s a rescue that can help with Chance, just keep trying.

Good luck.

tatsxxx11
11-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Oh Val, that's awful, heartbreaking and infuriating! Poor Chance, poor you!!:( All day yesterday I was thinking..."this is Chance's big day." That woman definitely misrepresented herself and her intentions. I would definitely call her up and ask her to TRY and clarify how you could have misunderstood her intentions so completely! Hopefully the reporter will be able to give sweet Chance some press. Unless she has a complete turnaround, I wouldn't give Chance to her! But I would call her, for sure! I feel so awful for you and for him:( But don't give up! This is just a setback. We love you Chance!!!

Rio and Me
11-21-2003, 04:21 PM
no dont let her have him if she thinks a mobile vet is more important than a life then she very wrong!!!
we all know youll do the best for him so were rooting for both of you!!!
Ky and Rio

lizbud
11-21-2003, 05:59 PM
I can certainly see why you would feel so disappointed with
this person.:( What's the name of this rescue group of hers?
Did she ever follow through with the other stuff she promised,
like food, flea medicines, etc. ? Wonder if this rescue group lists
with petfinder.org ? I too would be very hesitant to turn over
custody of Chance to her before she answers a lot of questions.
I am so sorry this didn't turn out the way we had all hoped.:(

If people could see Chance's pictures & learn a little about
his story, they would love him as much as we do.:)

petlover
11-21-2003, 07:28 PM
This makes me very sad to read this. How could they do this? He is so precious. I mean, he deserves to be photographed and talked about more then that stupid vet mobile home, or whatever. I mean the vet thing is important, but how will people know about Chance? Like people that are looking for a loving dog to adopt. People could be looking in the papers right now for a dog like him to love and cherish. This really hurts me to think that someone would totally lie to you about poor Chance's future. I thought that this whole meeting was about Chance, not some stupid mobil vet deal.:(

You really should call her and ask her exactly how she thought that Chance would get a * chance* at being adopted when he is not even in the paper!You should also ask her why she lied to you like that. I feel so sorry for you and especially Chance. Just keep trying and make sure that Chance is getting the very best. Give the sweetheart a hug and kiss for me.

Tonya
11-21-2003, 07:45 PM
How disappointing! I wouldn't give him to her either. I am sorry to hear about that.

KYS
11-21-2003, 09:29 PM
I agree, how upsetting this must have been for you.
I also would talk to the woman and ask
what's going on? :(
I hope the reporter calls you back and
does an article on Chance.

sabies
11-22-2003, 06:27 AM
Very disappointing, so disrespectful and rude. I'm sorry you went thru that. Don't give her Chance and make sure she knows why.

dukedogsmom
11-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Well, I sent her an email explaining how I felt. She said that I should know that the press publishes what they want to. Also, said I wasn't doing anything to list him anywhere. But, I thought she was taking care of that since she was helping me. I've never rescued a dog before so I am all new to this. Then, she said that I was more interested in myself getting attention than him getting a home which is so untrue. I didn't know this but she loaned a crate to the doggy day care people for the holidays. So, maybe it's all a big misunderstanding. I just know it's all a mess now and I may not be getting her help, if it was genuine, now.

K9soul
11-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Then, she said that I was more interested in myself getting attention than him getting a home which is so untrue.

Oh my, I think I would have totally lost my temper at this rude, arrogant, judgemental woman. How dare she just presume she knows your heart like that. I'm just disgusted with her :(

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 11:09 AM
:mad: I don't even know what to say. :mad:

sabies
11-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Maybe it was a big misunderstanding but from what you said it doesn't sound like it so I wouldn't waste time trying to work things out with this woman. To imply that you are selfish sounds to me like she is trying to make you feel guilty, saying something she knows would make you feel bad about yourself, when really she's the selfish one. You can help Chance without her, and if you need rescue advice I'm sure there is plenty here at Pet Talk.

captain
11-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Oh Val - what a rude woman!
After all you have done ......... bloody cheeky cow!!!!!!

I too would have lost my temper!:mad:

dukedogsmom
11-23-2003, 06:51 PM
I am really stressed right now. She says she's going to remove her kennel that she brought up there and I'm going to have to pick him up tomorrow. Well, I've got to work tomorrow plus I have no where to take him. Going to call my vet, the SPCA and Humane Society. Plus going to send email/story to the reporter so she'll know what's going on. I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep and I have a feeling it's going to be like that tonight, too. Any prayers would be deeply appreciated. I'm just about on the verge of tears. All I wanted to do was save a dog.

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Valerie, Aren't you friends with the lady that runs S.A.F.E? Do you think she'd be able to take him?

dukedogsmom
11-23-2003, 07:16 PM
She can't. She put him up on Petfinder for me. I just emailed the reporter the story(minus this woman) with pics.

Kfamr
11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
I wish I could take him for you... I could ask my parents, but I don't think we'd be able to take him for a long time.

dukedogsmom
11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm posting this as closure for those that were interested and for me, too, I guess. I'll be taking Chance to the SPCA tomorrow. I talked to the director today and she's super nice. She understands my situation(I mentioned nothing of that woman) and is glad to help me. Such a change from the other one. This isn't a no kill shelter but they're going to do everything they can to help me. I'm also going to be donating some money to them and going to see Chance more regularly there. I sent the woman a simple email this morning saying that since I hadn't heard from her, that I would probably put Chance at the SPCA and there was a possibility he could still be put down. She sent me 3 emails. Two very long ones that included words like idiot. My phone call to the reporter was called a childish rant. I won't include it all but I am so glad to cut ties with this person who is supposed to be so kind. I wish I'd never met her. I've just decided that what will be, will be. I can't do any more for Chance than I've already done. It's up to God now and I at least feel peaceful, though sad, about it. Thanks for all your concern.

K9soul
11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
You've done everything you could and more. It has been a heartbreaking trial for you and I'm sure you must just feel so weary right now.

Looking at Chance's face, I feel very confident he will find a home. He just has the most charming and sweet look. Oh if only I could I would take him myself. He will surely be a blessing upon the family he finds.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and with Chance.

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 10:09 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pfe990aa66a03e1ec42e7689d33aaf7c7/fa7902bb.jpg

anna_66
11-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Val, I'm so sorry to hear that things went so terribly:( It doesn't really sound as if that so called "nice" woman was so "nice" after all:rolleyes:
I hope that they can find him a home soon. Please don't stress and try to get yourself some sleep.
Let us know if anything changes.

Logan
11-25-2003, 07:36 AM
I can imagine how terribly upset you are, Valerie. :( That whole situation sounded so promising to end up so badly.

I hope Chance will be seen by many and that the SPCA will share his story with all prospective adopters that walk through their doors. Someone will snatch that baby and love him like you do. I'm sure of it.

Logan

tatsxxx11
11-25-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm beyond words, Valerie. I can't believe how something so hopeful turned out so horribly sad. That woman sounds demented; sorry. Acutally, I think it's SHE who has the ego problem, "it's all about me" problem, NOT YOU! She's let HER personal feelings about you get in the way of helphing Chance. That's not an animal lover in my mind. You were, ARE, Chance's earthly angel and no one could have done more to try and help him than you. I have his pic. on my frig. and read his note every day:) I'll be praying with all my might that his forever family finds him very soon. How heartbreaking:(