PDA

View Full Version : This year, I am thankful for........

Logan
11-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Let's take a moment and say what it is that we are most thankful for, this year, during the American Thanksgiving season. You don't have to live in the US to be thankful, though!

Here's my list:

I have so much to be thankful for, especially this year. I'm sure I'll miss something, but here goes:

My wonderful family, including my parents, sister and brother, my wonderful "new" husband (this is our first Thanksgiving as a married couple), our children, and all of our extended family.
Our beautiful family of furry and feathered friends, including Honey, Lilly, Murphy, Zipper, Mimi, Butter, Roger and Milly. We thank God for them every single day.
A warm, comfortable home (even if it isn't the cleanest home around). We are grateful to have a place to call "ours", even if it isn't quite to the point we would like it to be.
Our friends, whether they be ones that we have known for a lifetime, or those we have met in recent years. Every one of them has been so supportive and loving, truly "good" friends, the way it should be. And each and every one of you fall into that catagory too.
We are thankful for good health. We all have our ups and downs, but for the most part, we are doing great!
We are thankful for God's love, which pulls us through even the most difficult of times.
Logan

Samantha Puppy
11-21-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm thankful for:

My fiancee - Knowing that you've found the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with sort of creates a calm about you.

My Samantha - She gives me such happiness every single day.

My family - For supporting me in my wedding preparations and for always supporting me through everything.

My best friend - We've been like sisters for over 14 years now.

My good fortune - To have the wedding I've always dreamed of to the man of my dreams... :approve:

Rio and Me
11-21-2003, 02:12 PM
I am thankful for
my family,
my health and family health!
all my pets (im lucky to have them)
there health!
a home (i dont own it but its mine)
my friends and there health,
all in all for having all that i have!!
it alot more than some people in the world would even dream to have!!
Ky and Rio

anna_66
11-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Great post Loganhttp://www.super-babies.com/smiliepages/thumbs.gif

First and foremost I'm thankful to have the wonderful man I'm so lucky to call my husband, Mark.
I'm thankful for my family and friends (including all of you here at PT:))
I'm thankful that I never go hungry and I always have a place to call "home"
I'm also thankful that I can afford to keep the pets we have.
And I'm thankful that we have 3 of the most wonderful dogs in the world (well, to me anyway!)
Last but not least I'm thankful that our Angus boy is still with us after 12 years of wonderful life!

Aspen and Misty
11-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Hey ya'll!

I am thankful for my friends- With out them I would die!

I am thankful for Nova's health- I still rember when I had to spoon feed her and carry her outside to go potty :(

I am thankful for all the new aditions this year- Peaches, Breeze, Jaxom, Julian and Nova. I love them all so much.

I am thankful for my pets- All of them mean so much to me

I am thankful for food on my table, a car to drive in, cd player and cds, chairs to sit on, a house to keep me warm and a father who cares about me.

Ashley

Moose
11-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Great thread Logan! :)

Wow.....there's so much I am thankful for, even in rough times. ;)

First and foremost, my family -- without them, I don't know where'd I be.

Moose -- I can't even remember what I did without him; he's my heart and soul, and I can honestly say that he is my support when times get rough.

Josh, my fiance -- I really don't know where'd I'd be without him....he's my soulmate, and I truly believe that. After 4 years with him, I still have yet to find a day in which I don't want to be around him or see his face......I love him.

My good health and fortune -- I am thankful that I have yet to be plagued by any illness I couldn't recover from, and thank God I have a place to call home. I can't imagine how it feels to wonder where your next meal will come from or where you are going to sleep that night......I really feel sorry for those who have yet to find the answer to those questions.

My friends and all the good times we've shared -- They mean everything to me....and every memory I have, I'll cherish forever.

The strength to fight through hard times -- What would I do without the ability to find my strengths within myself and get past the difficult times?

For times like these -- I'm thankful for those special days in which you realize what is really important to you and just how lucky you are to have such things to be thankful for.

There's so much more I'm thankful for......this list could go on forever.

aly
11-21-2003, 05:43 PM
I am really grateful for everything I have been blessed with and thank God every day. My family, friends, boyfriend, and animals are at the very top of the list of what I am thankful for. I'm also thankful for my life in general and feel blessed every day :)

Pam
11-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

I'm thankful first of all and mostly, for the gift of faith in God. If I lost everything in the world, my faith is something I would NEVER want to lose.

So true PCB! Nothing can quite compare can it? ;)

One year my mother-in-law passed around the "Thankful Pumpkin" at our Thanksgiving dinner. We each had to write something on the pumpkin for which we were thankful. I think this year she has something similar up her sleeve, so this thread will be good practice. I am thankful for my family and friends (this includes all of you) and health and furkids, a roof over my head, and a job that I enjoy going to.

NoahsMommy
11-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Great thread! :)

I really am thankful for so much in my life. Its nice to have a day to reflect and thank God for the blessings...hidden ones as well...in my life.

I'm thankful for:

*First and by far the most important is my faith in God. Without Him, I'd be ill and depressed. He is my everything...the reason for my spirit.

*My family. However hard they are to deal with during the year, they are always, always there for me. I thank God that every year, I see my mom for the kind spirit she is.

*My husband. Even though its been hard our first two years, I know he's my intended partner. He's my best friend and I'm eager to see what God has planned for us.

*My health. Yep...my health. I could be so much more worse off, it makes me glad that I am given good days and weeks. :)

*My friends...PT as well. :) I consider them all family.

*Of course my furkids...next to God, they keep my sanity. They are my stress reducers and the reason behind my smile. They are my angels, sent by God. I love them to death! :)

*I'm also thankful for life. That I live where I can express my views, learn about others and help others. I'm so thankful for my life.

Kfamr
11-21-2003, 07:24 PM
I am thankful for Simba and Nala -- Without them, i'd be insane and ill.

Nothing compares to them.

Felicia's Mom
11-21-2003, 07:49 PM
I am thankful for:
my church
my family
my job
a nice apartment
Felicia and Beau
Pet Talk
my health

jenfer
11-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Everything I have and everything I do not have.
Too many to mention. :D

Tonya
11-21-2003, 09:35 PM
My husband This year, I think that we have finally really gotten into the groove. I truly feel like we are one.

My son's health Jaden has had a rough time with health. This year, we have finally started getting diagnoses and medications that work. His asthma, allergies, and ADHD is getting much better.

All of my pets They bring me so much happiness and joy.

My job I still cannot believe that I wake up everyday and excitedly wonder what I'm doing at work that day.

My husband's job Mike got laid off last Dec. It was such a scary feeling...we planned for the worse because jobs were so hard to find. He got an awesome job no longer commuting in Jan.

My life I never dreamed that I would be where I am now.

Thank you so much, God. You have never let me down!

CountryWolf07
11-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Good thread..

I'm thankful for..

* My parents
* My two brothers
* My two dogs
* My friends
* My life, I'm THANKFUL that I am here today, because I almost didn't make it when I was few months old..
* For being able to hear, being able to have a cochlear implant, without it, I would be lost..
*I'm thankful to be able to appreciate music.

OF COURSE - I'M THANKFUL FOR BEING HERE TODAY! :)

shais_mom
11-21-2003, 11:48 PM
I am thankful for:
-my family
-God and my faith in him and all he has done
-my friends everyone of them 'real' or online most of my online friends are more 'real' than the ones I see everyday
-my furbabies without them I would not know what to do with myself.
-living in this wonderful country. Yes, it has its problems, but it is an awesome place to live.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-22-2003, 12:08 AM
My family. My parents are my structure, they hold me up in life and support me. I'd be lost without them.
Abby. I'd be lost without her too. She's my world, my life, my love, everything. Nothing can replace her. When she leaves, I will be a wreck.
My friends. We have had rough times, everyone does, but they're there when I need them, I need that.
My guitar. Can't live without one. :)
EVERYTHING I have. Yeah, so I'm not the next Bill Gates. I can't afford brand new things everyday, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I am happy with what I have.
The PetTalkers OF AMERICA!! You guys have put up with so much... dog crap... from me, it's unbelievable. I owe you guys so much. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
My online friends. They're there when I need them, too. Except... always online. :)

Twisterdog
11-22-2003, 01:59 AM
I am thankful that my parents are both still with me, and doing fine. My mom had open heart surgery in August, and my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer this spring.

I am thankful I am healthy ... and that I was finally able to quit smoking in March of this year, after smoking for 15+ years!

I am thankful for my son, who is a good kid at heart, minus the smart mouth and the eye rolling. :rolleyes:

I am thankful I own a business that pays the bills, doing what I love. And I'm thankful I was able to buy my fun little car this year, after not having a new car since 1995!

lynnestankard
11-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Hey! What about the many Pet Talkers that aren't American? Don't they deserve to be included? :p

Thanks PCB!

Lynne

11-22-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks PCB!!!!

I am thankful for my recovery after my risky and scary operation! I am thankful for many more things: my friends, my family, my cats, ALL my internet friends :p , and of course my pets!!

sasvermont
11-22-2003, 07:16 AM
I have known for years and years that I am fortunate to have and be what and where I am in life. I count my blessings nearly every day, especially having good health.

I am always amazed at the folks who forget to look around and see that there are some very unforturnate people out there that they could be ...... and and circumstances that they could be experiencing. Would you want to trade places with the more unforturnate?

I am thankful for oh so many reasons. Too many to type out.

Great thread! Very thought provoking.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Hey! What about the many Pet Talkers that aren't American? Don't they deserve to be included? :p

:(

:o :o :o :o
I'm sorry. I hope everyone understands what I meant..? I love alllllllll the pettalkers, not only the american ones! I'm sorry!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-24-2003, 04:43 PM
I honestly don't understand what you meant. :p You wrote Pet Talkers of America in bold..........so it seemed like you're stressing on *only* American Pet Talkers. :confused: If you didn't mean it that way, then that's fine..........but I just thought it was hurtful for our PT friends that aren't from our country. :(

Umm, I bolded the main topics of my list.

Aspen and Misty
11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by lut

I am thankful for my recovery after my risky and scary operation! I

We all are!

Ash

ps: PCB, what I think she ment was everyone. Like she didnt' really think about the people outside of USA but that most of PT was on the usa.

green_chameleon_girl
11-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Oh yes Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there!! have a happy and safe holiday!:D My nanny is going to visit a friend in the states and they are spending thanks giving together. I wish I could go lol anyways im thankful for

My family for always being there, thankful for my animals for loving me, friends and I cant belive im saying this but im thankful for school, my grades are high and when my grades are high I am HAPPY and when im happy I try harder LOL

carole
11-24-2003, 05:31 PM
What a great idea.

I am thankful my mother made a great recovery this year from her cancer and her other operations.

I am thankful my daughter got through her medical problems and got the all clear.

I am thankful to have been given the gift of my precious new kitty Lexie.

I am thankful to have a caring loving husband, and two healthy children.

I am thankful just to be ALIVE.:)
And I nearly forgot , I am thankful to have found PT and met some really neat people.

RICHARD
11-24-2003, 05:59 PM
I am thankful that I realize that there are many things to be thankful about.

Way too often I take things for granted-
remembering what I am thankful for make me think of all the other things.

As simple as they may be.