PDA

View Full Version : Sasha

dogsitter111654301
12-09-2001, 08:39 PM
Hi I found a great dog that is about 6 months old that I want to adopt but the only thing is I need help with getting her to me. She is in a shelter in CA and I live in WI. I have about $50 so far for the shipping cost. If anyone can help with eather driving or making a money donation to have her shiped please let me know. :cool:

tatsxxx11
12-10-2001, 04:15 PM
Hi Erika! That's a wonderful thing you are trying to do! But, need more details. What type of shelter is the pup coming from? How are they planning to "ship" her? What did they say was the cost of transporting her to Wisconsin? Let us know! Do you live with family? Do they agree with your decision. And, can they help? Anxious to hear from you!

dogsitter111654301
12-10-2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11:
<STRONG>Hi Erika! That's a wonderful thing you are trying to do! But, need more details. What type of shelter is the pup coming from? How are they planning to "ship" her? What did they say was the cost of transporting her to Wisconsin? Let us know! Do you live with family? Do they agree with your decision. And, can they help? Anxious to hear from you!</STRONG>

The pup is comming from a kill shelter. The shelter said they would be willing to ship her to the airport near me and I will pick it up.The cost is about $300. Well I train dogs for the disabled and rescue dogs all over the US. I want to train this one for that.

:p

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-11-2001, 08:00 AM
Erika, I think it is great that you want to help this puppy. How did you find out about him? What kind of puppy is he? What organization do you train for? If you are going to be training this dog to be a disability dog, your organization should be able to fund the transportaion of the dog. Have you met the dog yet? Do you know that it has the right temprement to be a service dog?

Are you sure that once ou get it to your house, your organization can sponsor the dog to be trained. Training a service dog, as you probably already know, is expensive. Can you afford to take care of the dog if the organization says it won't train him?

You have a lot to consider before taking on something like this.

Maybe you could give us more information.