PDA

View Full Version : Question for my friend

Lallypop11
11-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey Guys! Happy Friday!

A friend of mine said she saw a female cat and her 2 kittens yesterday. The mother seemed feral and hissed and arched her back when she tried to approach to pet her but one kitten seemed friendly, the other was afraid of her. She was wondering if she should have taken the friendly kitten and adopted it or what is right to do in the situation. If the mother is taking care of them, is it best to wait until they are older or how does the process of rescuing cats like that go? She didn't know how old they were. I have never been in the situation before so I didn't know what to tell her, I got my babies from the humane society. Let me know, she seems to be showing her first interest ever in adopting a cat so I am very excited! :D Thanks!

11-21-2003, 12:43 PM
I would try to be very sure that your friend will be a good cat-mom. Then I would be very careful not to take the kitten away before she/he is at least 6 to 8 weeks old. These first weeks are very important for kittens!
Good luck to your friend!

Lallypop11
11-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the advice, with my coaching my friend will be the best cat mom :D

She just didn't know what to do, so I thought I would ask for some advice. I figured that since the mom was taking care of them that they were ok.

Karen
11-21-2003, 12:59 PM
The age of the kittens is important - as soon as it's healthy for them to be away from "mom" and soon enough so they do not learn her feral habits!